Fall 2013 Season of DWTS Formal Gowns and more

KandCsailing

I think a lot of people are turned off by Mark Ballas. I know I used to like him, but I think he has gotten too big for his britches and has become a pain. He's turning into another Maks.

He's always been a big spotlight hog -- I (and I'm sure many others) have noticed him upstaging his partners for several seasons.

Hi, Lois:)

Yes, that's her name. Leah Remini. I'm sure after she's voted off he'll stop watching.;)

My daughter read and saw on TV that Leah has been going through a hard time, she left Scientology and they really are giving her a hard time, she had been part of it for a long time and decided she did not want to live her life that way anymore and broke free from it. And they have made it pretty difficult for her. That might explain some thinking she has an attitude, I think she is brave to buck the Hollywood trend, takes guts.

Cori

I thought Christina was more likeable AND a better dancer than Elizabeth. I just can't warm up to Elizabeth at all - she seems so flakey. :)

I have to say there's something that just bothers me about Elizabeth. The odd part is I just can't put my finger on it. I wish I could!

My favorites this season have been Amber Riley and Brant whats-is-name.

I actually feel like this year it's more of a popularity contest than ever before, considering the fact that you vote a week in advance, not *knowing* how people are going to perform the next week. I've gotten more and more perturbed ever since Sabrina and Louis got voted off. Sabrina should have won that season hands down.

My daughter read and saw on TV that Leah has been going through a hard time, she left Scientology and they really are giving her a hard time, she had been part of it for a long time and decided she did not want to live her life that way anymore and broke free from it. And they have made it pretty difficult for her. That might explain some thinking she has an attitude, I think she is brave to buck the Hollywood trend, takes guts.

Cori

Hi Cori:)...I had no idea!....geeezzz......people should be able

to practice whatever they want without being bullied:eek::mad:......I didn't

realize the folks in the "Scientology" arena were so judgmental.....glad I

am not part of that group.

Edited by Lois R

Hi Cori:)...I had no idea!....geeezzz......people should be able

to practice whatever they want without being bullied:eek::mad:......I didn't

realize the folks in the "Scientology" arena were so judgmental.....glad I

am not part of that group.

I guess Tom Cruise's ex got out while the getting was good, she must have not cared for that lifestyle eithere , especially for her daughter, can't say I blame her.

The more I hear about that group , the less I like it.

Cori

RE: the show last night , only saw parts of it. I don't remember what Brookes gown looked like , so it must not made much of an impression. Was surprized when no one went home, but the reasoning seemed fair. I think that the judges are being somewhat generous with the scores this season , but I am not a dancer so perhaps I am wrong. I do like the new format better , not as much interviewing of the dancers, more of the danceing, which I like. Hope all is well with everyone. Have a good week.

Cori

I agree with you that the judges are being overly generous. I did not think Elizabeth's cha cha was worth a perfect score and I did not think Amber's samba deserved two 10's.

Brooke's dress was not memorable, I think she is dressing more conservatively this season. Also, I hated Amber's dress, something about it made her backside look huge.

Sherri:)

I liked both Brooke's and Carrie Ann's dresses last night.

I don't get why some couples get silly music/dance combinations and others like Peta and Brant get a combo that goes together. Bill and Corbin both got ripped off by the producers to me. Corbin has to waltz to the Game of Thrones theme and Bill gets Cheese Burger in Paradise after getting stuck with the Lone Ranger theme previously? I don't get it. I'd rather they'd do alternating serious and comedy dance weeks to make things more equal for all the dancers.

I thought Cheryl and Jack did really well in the mash up section. I would have given them at least second place in their mash up dance group.

Amber and Elizabeth aren't doing as much for me as the judges either.

Maybe I need to watch her performance again but I found myself constantly watching Elizabeth's bent knees. Was I just seeing things? Latin is danced on a straight leg, Rhythm is danced utilizing bent knees, and it looked like a really weird mashup of two different styles that just didn't click in my head. But then I'm looking at really picky stuff like the fact I didn't think she checked enough in her New Yorkers/Crossover Breaks. :D

Haven't made it to Amber's Samba yet, but I can say from experience, that's a danged hard dance for a fluffy woman!

Re: Amber... WHOA. I have spent *months* on Samba and don't look one tenth as good as she made that look in a *week*. Wow. Just WOW!

@KandC Ironic. . . Game of Thrones is one of my favorite Viennese Waltzes to get on the competition floor. :D

Edited by Strictly Ballroom

I didn't see much of Carrie Ann's dress, but wasn't too fond of Brooke's because of the stringy thing in front. They still haven't had Amber in a decent dress that flatters her.

I don't get some of the scoring this year, at all. Sometimes a 7 is given for a dance that looks much better, to me, than some of the 9's and 10's.

I wonder if two will be eliminated next week?

Oh God...

The problem with Corbin isn't the music... it's the costume! Dressing him up like Khal Drogo... just no.

Though his reaction to getting that music, is pretty much my inner reaction to getting that music too.

I love that music too--and Game of Thrones. I thought the whole dance was so entertaining and interesting, but apparently the dancing part wasn't as good as I thought it was--possibly I was too distracted by the dramatics to notice.

I even liked the costuming--given the song!

Watched it last night. I thought Brooke looked like a nun in that dress, lol.

And I thought Corbin did great but apparently he didn't do enough of the proper dance moves to whatever dance style he was supposed to be doing. They've been judging him pretty low, maybe because he has the most experience of everyone so they expect more from him.

I finally figured out what it is about Elizabeth that bothers me - her eyes. Anyway, she's a great dancer and sure appreciated the three 10's.

I'm glad nobody went home - I like both of the bottom two couples.

I love that music too--and Game of Thrones. I thought the whole dance was so entertaining and interesting, but apparently the dancing part wasn't as good as I thought it was--possibly I was too distracted by the dramatics to notice.

I loved the music and dancing and even watched it twice. It did seem more like a Paso than a waltz, which must be why they scored so low. But really? They gave Corbin and Bill the same score? Come on...

I finally figured out what it is about Elizabeth that bothers me - her eyes.

Yes!

I loved the music and dancing and even watched it twice. It did seem more like a Paso than a waltz, which must be why they scored so low. But really? They gave Corbin and Bill the same score? Come on...

My reaction too.

Yes!

And yes, I don't want to be mean, but there is something strange about her eyes, like they've been surgically altered or something.

I'm glad no one is judging my looks!

Her eyes have a "wild" appearance, maybe that's just normal for her but every time I watch her, I wonder if she needs to have her thyroid levels checked? That's a cardinal symptom/sign of hyperthyroidism. Anyway, it really bugs me, too!:D

Does anybody else get the feeling that Brant would rather be dancing with Louie than with Peta? ;) He is one of my faves though, he's just the sweetest. However, for some reason, this season I don't have an actual favorite that I'm rooting for. Weird season. But just love the new one-night format.

Edited by Sandy Sails

Does anybody else get the feeling that Brant would rather be dancing with Louie than with Peta? ;) He is one of my faves though, he's just the sweetest. However, for some reason, this season I don't have an actual favorite that I'm rooting for. Weird season. But just love the new one-night format.

Hahahaha! When we have Louis in for coachings, I've noticed he'd much rather dance with my teacher than me. That's a favorite point of teasing him (my teacher) around the studio on a regular basis. :D

The number of movies I have of the two of them dancing together on my blackberry is quite amusing.

Brant is one of my two favorites though, along with Amber.

Edited by Strictly Ballroom

Brooke's dress is beautiful but the see through look is a bit too Kiss of the Spider Woman and Morticia Adams for me.

I thought Cheryl's white and gold short dress was really cute and I really want Elizabeth's hot pink roses hair clip. Too bad I just cut my hair shorter than I've ever had it.

It's a night for breakage and loss. Carrie Ann broke her 10 paddle, then banged her bracelet off and Amber had her left earring go flying during her dance.

Didn't care for Snooki's dance tonight but I think she was the star of the Spooky Bon Bon Team.

Team Foxing Awesome seemed to have a huge talent advantage when they picked teams but I liked the first team dance best. Just another time when I don't agree with the judges. :(

Edited by KandCsailing

I liked the shape and glamour of Brooke's dress, but didn't like the see-through effect either. Cheryl is much slimmer than usual and looked great in her dress.

I liked the Spooky Bom Bom dance better too, although I can see that possibly the other was better technically.

Scoring seemed better tonight, but boy are they generous with some of the scores! IMO the wrong person went home, but would have probably gone in the next couple of weeks anyway. They were not happy!

I am glad Snooki went home. She was a decent dancer but I disliked her personality, her attitude, how she spoke etc. Basically I disliked her and am glad she's gone. You could tell she was really angry that she was sent home.

I liked the shape of Brooke's dress but like someone else stated, it would be better without the sheer/nude areas.