New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

Cruisestitch - I haven't been back to the room so I didn't get the notice but I was at the desk asking something and they said it's book within a year but take the trip whenever. Does it read differently? Also it's only for celebrity and not transferable to royal Caribbean

Unbelievable rage.

I finally got through to someone and here is what they are offering people on the August 23rd cruise:

- Full Refund of the price you paid

- 50% certificate for future cruse

That is it. Period. No reimbursement for flights. Cancel fees. Hotels. Cars. Anything.

This is what Marie told me upper management has decided.

I am so angry. The only thing that got me through the day today was the thought that Celebrity was a stand up organization and they would take care of us. I was dead wrong.

I can't even steady my hands to type any more.

Call your Insurance company and start a claim. Can't you still cancel your hotel and car? And as Cruise Junky posted you can still use your air in the next year.

If I was going in a few weeks, I'd try another cruise there were some great deals before this happened.

The credit I am getting from Celebrity the letter said was good for a year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I just purchased insurance from a third party.. on hold on three phones for over an hour....

If you just purchased insurance since the Celebrity announcement of the canceled cruises, you won't be covered. I hope that is not what you meant!

I looks like first two charter 737s are on the way from Texas due to arrive Ketchkan airport about 9pm:)

There is just not enough room at the Ketchikan airport for lots of planes. So they will have to stagger the arrivals/departures with >100 planes coming in.

Choice Air will do nothing about your non-refundable air fare. You have to deal with the airline you were flying on. We were with American Airlines and our airfare was good for one year from the date of purchase NOT when you were suppose to fly. We had to pay the change fee of $250 for each ticket which was not covered by our trip insurance. Good Luck to you all. I'm sorry your trip turned out this way.

wow.. one cruise cancelled mid-cruise. And then the following four. Ship is out of commission for over 4 weeks. Not good at all. Especially bad for those on the cruise that was scheduled next. People with cruises 2-4 weeks out at least have a bit more time and flexibility to arrange alternatives.

Anybody gonna fly out there anyway and figure out a way to turn it into a land based vacation? I'm really not sure what I would do if I was on one of the next 4 cruises.

We were on the Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to San Diego on the 13th. We're going to try to keep our plane tickets for Vancouver and our Whistler and Vancouver hotel reservations, and then drive down to Seattle for a couple days before we fly home. It's all going to depend on if we can extend the car and how much it would cost to take a car across the border. That would at least allow us to use our non-refundable tickets for a progressive dinner tour in Whistler and the Savor Seattle tour.

We were on the Pacific Coastal from Vancouver to San Diego on the 13th. We're going to try to keep our plane tickets for Vancouver and our Whistler and Vancouver hotel reservations, and then drive down to Seattle for a couple days before we fly home. It's all going to depend on if we can extend the car and how much it would cost to take a car across the border. That would at least allow us to use our non-refundable tickets for a progressive dinner tour in Whistler and the Savor Seattle tour.

That's probably what I would do too. Smart to double check on taking the rental across the border. Might want to check into alternative means of transit between Vancouver and Seattle.

I heard that last passengers will be off by thurs am. Ship will depart thurs pm for freeport bahama for 5 day drydock. Then back to San Diego for Sept 22.

I booked my own air so I will be responsible for my flt arrangements after charter from Ketchikan. I have no charter info so I guess I'm flying out Thurs. Celebrity will provide up to 2 nites hotel and $75pp expenses for meals.

Sorry if I am repeating info.

Guest Snorkelbunny
wow.. one cruise cancelled mid-cruise. And then the following four. Ship is out of commission for over 4 weeks. Not good at all. Especially bad for those on the cruise that was scheduled next. People with cruises 2-4 weeks out at least have a bit more time and flexibility to arrange alternatives.

Anybody gonna fly out there anyway and figure out a way to turn it into a land based vacation? I'm really not sure what I would do if I was on one of the next 4 cruises.

We were on the September 13th wine cruise and though we aren't thrilled, to say the least, we do have three weeks until departure. At least enough time to arrange an alternative vacay. I feel so bad for those who were scheduled to leave this week.

For anyone on post cruise land tour we are getting off Thursday and they are paying for the hotel for the nite before land tour starts Friday. Also 75 usd for meal credit and 50 usd to use on additional tour during land part which I think is really nice of them since our land part isn't really being interrupted just starting a little differently

There are still 5 cabins left on the Solstice America's Cup and Wine Cruise, leaving Seattle on September 13th, for a 10 day cruise.

The prices are artificially high right now, because there are only a few cabins left, but maybe you could make Celebrity see the justice of giving you one of the cabins at the price you paid for your September 13th Millennium cruise.

It's a fabulous ship and a great itinerary. We are booked on this cruise, and would love to have you join us!

Regarding rental cars, I have rented a minivan in Vancouver (from the airport) and dropped it off at the Seattle Aiport with no drop-off fee. The charge, while not cheap, was reasonable. We were five people and luggage, so needed the minivan, but cars were available as well.

There are other ways to get down to Seattle as well...bus and Amtrak train. I haven't taken them, but there are lots of people with experience and advice on the West Coast Departures forum.

My heart goes out to everyone who is caught up in this very unfortunate development.

Beginning tomorrow, chartered flights will begin transferring pax.

Guests who purchased air through X will be automatically rebooked as needed

Guests who booked independent air will be reimbursed up to $200 for change fees and/or differences in fare for same class of service. Address provided for sending claims.

On arrival at ANK or SEA, guests will ge met outside if baggage claim and transferred to hotels yet to be named

Hotel rooms at no cost, up to two nights, and up to $75 pp per diem for meals. Receipts to be sent to same address for reimbursement

Complimentary transport from hotels to airport will be scheduled

Beginning tomorrow, chartered flights will begin transferring pax.

Guests who purchased air through X will be automatically rebooked as needed

Guests who booked independent air will be reimbursed up to $200 for change fees and/or differences in fare for same class of service. Address provided for sending claims.

On arrival at ANK or SEA, guests will ge met outside if baggage claim and transferred to hotels yet to be named

Hotel rooms at no cost, up to two nights, and up to $75 pp per diem for meals. Receipts to be sent to same address for reimbursement

Complimentary transport from hotels to airport will be scheduled

Cruisestitch, thank you so much for all of the information that you have provided. I know it must mean a lot to people who are booked on the upcoming cancelled cruises, and would otherwise not have any knowledge of what is going on.

You are always the first person to come online and offer help here on Cruise Critic, and you've just been a light in the darkness, as far as providing calm, reliable information during this difficult period.

Celebrity, if you're listening, I hope you provide Cruisestitch with reimbursement for her internet charges!

I'm standing in line to speak to someone on arrangements for travel off the ship and I've waited an hour and the line stretches for three decks. Some people who had tours in Anchorage are being flown to Seattle. The hole situation has gotten out of control. It is being handled terribly. There is little communication and there is no organization. No one knows who to talk to and arrangements are being made randomly and people are being told there is no chsnges. The people around me line say they refuse to be flown to Seattle and will not leave the ship. Simply awful here now.

Sonny

I am so upset with celebrity with their offer only 50% fcc. It's just not fair. We have lost so much time and money and all they can do is be so stingy. I will never choose celebrity again. I am so done with them.

How much did you expect?

How much did you expect?

For those of us on the 8/23 cruise who now lose $$ from flights that are leaving in 2 hours, paid trains etc, we expect 100% FCC...those on the dates in 2 weeks, fine 50% but not those who are to board in 48 hours...you may not agree with this, but you are not in our position...half my family is in Denali and now will struggle to find arraignments in Anchorage etc...plus the news is that Celebrity will not help with change fees for any of us...seriously, I am looking to cancel the 2 cruises I have booked with them coming up...

Archived