New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

So sorry to see all these cruises cancelled. My heart goes out to each and every one of the passengers affected

Same here cruisestitch. I hope you are doing well. Are your arrangements to return home going well ?

All of the flights, hotels, train from Anchorage are "non-refundable", so now I have the job of getting in touch with Celebrity and figuring out which of these costs they will cover......if any.

Really a sad situation for all involved...........

Guests booked on the August 23 sailing may call 1-888-829-4050 for additional information.

I have been on hold at this number for over 30 minutes now...

Me too... 35 minutes as I write this.

I wanna know what kinda "future credit" I am getting and what about all of our other non-refundables...

All of the flights, hotels, train from Anchorage are "non-refundable", so now I have the job of getting in touch with Celebrity and figuring out which of these costs they will cover......if any.

Your travel insurance will cover I'm sure. Tell us you bought travel insurance!

I was told they will have a team waiting at the end of the tour portion to make arrangements for you to get home. They will pay for your flight home or wherever you want them to send you. One flight per person will be covered. If you decide to stay in Alaska until your original flight home (in a week) they will pay for you to fly to Vancouver, but not cover your hotel expenses while you stay.

I'm so disappointed.:( I haven't even tried to call Celebrity yet, and I probably won't until tomorrow morning. I have several non-refundable things booked, and I don't know what Celebrity might be willing to help with, what my travel insurance might cover, and what I'm just SOL on.:mad:

My main goal in the next couple days is to try to figure out how to salvage some vacation. We've had our cruise booked since April of 2012, and my husband has to use at least some of his vacation time before the end of September.

I'm kind of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I don't even begin to know where to start with the "undoing."

Unbelievable rage.

I finally got through to someone and here is what they are offering people on the August 23rd cruise:

- Full Refund of the price you paid

- 50% certificate for future cruse

That is it. Period. No reimbursement for flights. Cancel fees. Hotels. Cars. Anything.

This is what Marie told me upper management has decided.

I am so angry. The only thing that got me through the day today was the thought that Celebrity was a stand up organization and they would take care of us. I was dead wrong.

I can't even steady my hands to type any more.

Those of you who end up getting thru to them......please post what they say regarding the "non refundable" costs would be appreciated........

Hi aviarykeeper,

I got through and spoke to a very nice representative. I was calling about the non-refundable Choice Air tickets I had. She had information about airline change fees, but no info on full refunds for travel that hadn't started. I think they've been so busy with the current passengers and those in transit for the 8/23 that info for the future sailings is still in flux. She tried to get answers from a supervisor, but again, I think they're still trying to get it all sorted out. She felt bad she didn't have answers and promised to call me back hopefully tomorrow, but definitely by end of week.

I'll post what I hear from them when they call back. I feel bad for all involved in this mess.

Julie

So sorry for the lost dreams of present and future passenger. I have been through similar situation traveling on the Alaska cruise of the Summit May 2006. Our ship limped into LA port from Hawaii and we got on for our Alaska cruise not knowing something was wrong with the ship. We had 13 days of heartache on our cruise. Celebrity knows how to get themselves out of a bad situation with as little payout as possible.

You might be able to claim back through travel insurance, if Celebrity won't cover those costs.

Got through.

100% Refund; 50% in future credit.

Does the 50% future credit apply to only the Aug 23 sailing, or all cancelled voyages?

Is there a limit on how long a voyage you can use the 50% future cruise credit? For example, can a cancelled 9-day voyage be used on a future cruise longer than 9 days?

Thanks to anyone who can answer. I tried calling the other 800-number for the Aug 30, Sept 6 and Sept 13 cancelled cruises, but got a recording they're closed for the night!

I know everyone is in shock and pissed but keep in mind with your air if you cancel you have a year to use that credit. You just have to pay change fees. Hopefully you can use the amount for another vacation. Your entire air is not a write off.

Sorry guys, this sucks.

I am so upset with celebrity with their offer only 50% fcc. It's just not fair. We have lost so much time and money and all they can do is be so stingy. I will never choose celebrity again. I am so done with them.

I just purchased insurance from a third party.. on hold on three phones for over an hour....

wow.. one cruise cancelled mid-cruise. And then the following four. Ship is out of commission for over 4 weeks. Not good at all. Especially bad for those on the cruise that was scheduled next. People with cruises 2-4 weeks out at least have a bit more time and flexibility to arrange alternatives.

Anybody gonna fly out there anyway and figure out a way to turn it into a land based vacation? I'm really not sure what I would do if I was on one of the next 4 cruises.

We have a pre land tour and post land tour I guess they will be cancelled our travel insurance does cover mechanical failure so I think everything is covered (except the 1000$ we paid for insurance our canada part started aug 24 disappointed hubby will be on phone tomorrow

Archived