New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

I have no vested interest in this Celebrity fiasco, but your comments really don't make a lot of sense.

Miami Air flew at least 6-flights on that Thursday between Ketchikan and Anchorage, so I have no idea why your mentioning the inter-state vs intra-state authorization. Sun Country also flew at least 3-RT that Thursday.

Here's just one of many charter flights that they performed on behalf of Celebrity that day.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BSK660/history/20130823/0730Z/PAKT/PANC

It really seems like you're an Celebrity executive trying to make excuses for the company having pressed the f/u key on their keyboards.

I didn't look into how many flights were actually flown but if there were 9 flights on one day to ANC, what is everyone complaining about????

737's of most any configuration will hold 150-175 in coach. That totals 1350 people moved on the low end of the scale. IF X really got that many people to ANC in one day on 9 flights, that should have been better than 1/2 the passengers taken to the port of disembarkation. So what is the complaint? How many more flights were there to ANC? And what about those to Vancouver or SEA for people who actually wanted to go to YVR or SEA?

I have no vested interest in Celebrity. Don't even own their stock. I own an international logistics company that moves freight and people worldwide every day of the year. I got the FAA cert info from our TMS cargo/charter system we use to charter or spot book when I looked for charter carriers that had INTRA STATE Alaska authority. There were only 8 carriers listed with FAA certs that carried full INTRA STATE ALASKA authority excepting military and small group carriage. Miami Air held a very limited cert with small group carriage listed in their authorities as well as listed as one of the top military carriers for both cargo and people. NOTHING on the cert had notations like the other 8 carriers about full intra state access to all public airports capable of handling the size of planes they fly.

If what you posted is true and I have no reason to disbelieve you, that is truly an amazing job in a last minute situation. Particularly if they had to get a last minute waiver to override the intra state Alaska restriction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblotter viewpost.gif

Thank you Mr. Bayley for that clarification

Just because you don't like what someone says doesn't necessitate calling names.

Especially when it doesn't even appear to be justified here.

LOL I guess the "Mr. Bayley" has become a dirty word on the CC board!:D

Thank you Mr. Bayley for that clarification.

LOL I guess the "Mr. Bayley" has become a dirty word on the CC board!:D

I did not intend to "call names".

Those comments by RDC1 simply struck me as exactly what an official response from Celebrity would sound like.

Just received the post cruise survey for the cruise that was canceled 8/23...if I take the survey do you think I'll get my 2 CC Points...Just kidding in the event anyone is getting ready to flame (which seems to happen frequently on CC)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just received the post cruise survey for the cruise that was canceled 8/23...if I take the survey do you think I'll get my 2 CC Points...Just kidding in the event anyone is getting ready to flame (which seems to happen frequently on CC)

Maybe you got it because you still show "Sailed!" in your signature. ;) Glad you can still have a sense of humor after all of this mess.

Funny about the survey, because I was on the 8/16 cruise and I never got a survey either during the cruise or post cruise.

Do you think that Celebrity is wary of hearing from those of us on the 8/16 cruise?

Somehow, I don't think that we will receive the usual survey!!

I real customer oriented CEO would really want to here from us because then he could learn and fix but yes from what I've been reading I am sure you are right and he isn't interested in what we said.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Ugh...just got another last minute reminder from Celebrity. They really need to get their act together with that stuff!

Cindy, what was the email address you used for Corp. Guest Relations to send in your request for reimbursement? I have a street address, but not an email..

I'm thinking that you just might be able to supply one.. Thanks

~Marcia

Do you think that Celebrity is wary of hearing from those of us on the 8/16 cruise?

Somehow, I don't think that we will receive the usual survey!!

Yes, unfortunately X will probably want to hear all about your views and and then proceed to do nothing about it.:(

Cindy, what was the email address you used for Corp. Guest Relations to send in your request for reimbursement? I have a street address, but not an email..

~Marcia

Celebrityguestrelations@celebrity.com

~Marcia

Probably both...we sent ours to celebrityguestrelations@celebrity.com

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday...we were at a football game in the 100 degree heat, and it absolutely zapped me!:o

The address I was given and used is the one Deise17311 posted. I sent my air change to them as an attachment, and I got a notice that my e-mail was received.

For those folks who were also passengers on the Millennium August 16 cruise ...

Has anyone received Captain's Club credit for that cruise yet? Given that the cruise was cancelled and refunded midstream, are Captain's Club points still expected?

Has anyone received Captain's Club credit for that cruise yet? Given that the cruise was cancelled and refunded midstream, are Captain's Club points still expected?

Yes, we did receive it, showed up in our account a couple days ago I believe.

We have not received credits yet.

I was given the email address of corporateguestrelations@celebritycruises.com

Can anyone else weigh in on which is correct? Perhaps both? Thanks.

Why would you want to email them? They require all your receipts, and I doubt they will accept copies submitted via email. I gathered up all of mine, made copies for myself, and submitted the originals to the address they provided in the letter we got before we left the ship.

Why would you want to email them? They require all your receipts, and I doubt they will accept copies submitted via email. I gathered up all of mine, made copies for myself, and submitted the originals to the address they provided in the letter we got before we left the ship.

I was given the e-mail address by Celebrity as a faster way to get my air change fees refunded. I attached my receipt from United as instructed by their agent.

Archived