New propulsion problem on Millennium

cruisestitch

[quote name='Orator']What is included in the 12.55% that's not being covered?[/quote]

It's all apparently port charges for Vancouver and Ketchikan - Vancouver where we got on and Ketchikan where we were and were and were ;-(. They don't have a breakdown of what each port should be although I don't understand why since they knew what to give us back to the penny. I don't know if we are being charged for Ketchikan on a daily basis either.

Anyone know?

[quote name='SandyLion']It's all apparently port charges for Vancouver and Ketchikan - Vancouver where we got on and Ketchikan where we were and were and were ;-(. They don't have a breakdown of what each port should be although I don't understand why since they knew what to give us back to the penny. I don't know if we are being charged for Ketchikan on a daily basis either.

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience that taxes and port charges for missed ports have been refunded. This happened with our cruise that missed Israel. Since you embarked and disembarked at the ports named taxes and fees would not normally be refunded. Form what I have read I believe that Celebrity, at least in terms of compensation, was fair. The arrangement of flights apparently was a mess. Sorry you had to experience what you experienced.

[quote name='Orator']It has been my experience that taxes and port charges for missed ports have been refunded. This happened with our cruise that missed Israel. Since you embarked and disembarked at the ports named taxes and fees would not normally be refunded. Form what I have read I believe that Celebrity, at least in terms of compensation, was fair. The arrangement of flights apparently was a mess. Sorry you had to experience what you experienced.[/quote]

I'm okay with missing a port or two and getting a small refund but I think $248 (not just $67) that I paid for the two of us should be refunded since we just got on to the ship and then only got to port one. It's not like we had the whole cruise and missed a port or two. It sounds like they've given us back our "full cruise fare" to the public but they haven't. We're going to have to pay this amount to go back on that same itinerary next year.

And you are right the arrangements of flights was awful. Fortunately, one person (and isn't it usually like that) helped us out in the end after being told all sorts of things that they couldn't follow through on and that we relied on.

Guest Snorkelbunny
It's been three weeks since my sailing was cancelled. I was told my cruise fare would be refunded "within three weeks". I was feeling little more than resigned to a bad situation. Now I'm quickly becoming livid. I really hope Celebrity refunds my money no later than today.

[quote name='Snorkelbunny']It's been three weeks since my sailing was cancelled. I was told my cruise fare would be refunded "within three weeks". I was feeling little more than resigned to a bad situation. Now I'm quickly becoming livid. I really hope Celebrity refunds my money no later than today.[/QUOTE]

The question in this day and age is why does it take that long? It is unacceptable!

Our party was to be on the Aug 23rd sailing, and as of this date, I have received nothing in the way of credit to my card. I have submitted "air change fees" to be refunded ($200.00 per person as I understand it) by mail as instructed by my TA, and sense that it will take some time to process that.

Originally, I was told by my TA that the refund would come within 3 weeks; we're getting pretty close to that date now.......will keep you advised.

It's been three weeks since my sailing was cancelled. I was told my cruise fare would be refunded "within three weeks". I was feeling little more than resigned to a bad situation. Now I'm quickly becoming livid. I really hope Celebrity refunds my money no later than today.

It's amazing when I was posting religiously about my frustration and anger when our cruise was canceled 8/23, I was flamed on these boards without mercy...it's nice to see others coming forward to express frustration... Of course we as well have received no refund...just like the bank...if you owe them money it takes seconds to grab it, days to refund if they make a mistake...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I posted this on the Compensation link but since there isn't much activity I thought I'd ask here as well.

Just spoke to Celebrity and we already got back the taxes/port charges on board - about 33 dollars so all that we will be getting back is what we paid for the cruise fare.

That's not what I understood at all but I guess "full refund of the cruise fare paid" means just that. Since Vancouver is an expensive port we are getting so little back and they do not have a break down on what each port charges.

Not too happy about this. It means I'm only getting back 88.45% of what I paid. I think it's unfair. Anyone else think so and have you gotten any different results?

Thanks.

I can't locate the compensation link. We're still waiting to see what we'll get refunded; as we were on our first land tour day when the cruise was cancelled. So, we'll only revive a refund for the cruise portion & have no idea what that will be.

I can't locate the compensation link. We're still waiting to see what we'll get refunded; as we were on our first land tour day when the cruise was cancelled. So, we'll only revive a refund for the cruise portion & have no idea what that will be.

I hope they compensate you well and soon, it would have been a real dissappointment for you having your holiday disrupted.:D

Compensation Thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=39933508#post39933508

Guest Snorkelbunny

Happy to report that I did receive full payment credited to my card. Such a relief!

We have not received any $$ from our 8/23 sailing and I am starting to get pissed off again...seriously, if we are not refunded by Monday I am going to blow....please refrain from positing to me how they are working hard etc...I get it, however I guess more staff needs to be brought in to get these refunds done. I'm sick of this already...GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!

We have not received any $$ from our 8/23 sailing and I am starting to get pissed off again...seriously, if we are not refunded by Monday I am going to blow....please refrain from positing to me how they are working hard etc...I get it, however I guess more staff needs to be brought in to get these refunds done. I'm sick of this already...GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!!!

I absolutely agree! I understand there are steps that have to be taken to trigger refunds, but it seems to me that refunds should be completed by now...it's been over 3 weeks since the cruises were cancelled.

I called today...they said the 8/23 was going to be the last refunds because it washer complicated with people being on cruise tours etc...well, I was not on a cruise tour!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It must be so frustrating for you. It is out of your control, so all I can say is 'keep calm and carry on'.:D

I called today...they said the 8/23 was going to be the last refunds because it washer complicated with people being on cruise tours etc...well, I was not on a cruise tour!!!!

I feel your pain. We were on the Aug 16th sailing and have received nothing. When I finally called today, I was told that the refunds for our online TA "group" were processed around the 28th but they could not give me any specifics about mine. I have to go through the TA to find out what is going to be refunded and when. I have sent an email, but my frustration is beginning to grow.

Looking ahead, I think we have decided to try again for Alaska in 2014. Those first three days were awesome and I feel like it was only going to get better. I'm not sure I want to set foot on Millennium again, but still really like her itinerary better. Plus we had an awesome room (7199). It would be incredible if we could get that again...

I absolutely agree! I understand there are steps that have to be taken to trigger refunds, but it seems to me that refunds should be completed by now...it's been over 3 weeks since the cruises were cancelled.

......... especially when you consider that they require passengers to pay for the cruise in full 75 days in advance.

So they are able to process payments immediately, but are still unable to process refunds 3 weeks after cancellation. :confused:

Looking ahead, I think we have decided to try again for Alaska in 2014. Those first three days were awesome and I feel like it was only going to get better. I'm not sure I want to set foot on Millennium again, but still really like her itinerary better. Plus we had an awesome room (7199). It would be incredible if we could get that again...

Yes - Millennium does have a better Alaska itinerary. But after reading here on cruisecritic about the long history of mechanical problems with the Millennium-class ships, we have opted instead to book the Solstice cruise out of Seattle on August 8, 2014.

I'm afraid I am done with Millennium.

Archived