Just off Royal Princess!

homeinboca

We just disembarked Royal Princess this morning in Venice. Had an wonderful time. She is one amazing lady!! The ship had over 4000 passengers for the first time. 4001 to be exact!! We never had any issues with anything and the ships design is gorgeous.

I'm in Venice for a few days but plan a full review when I get home!

Ron

We just disembarked Royal Princess this morning in Venice. Had an wonderful time. She is one amazing lady!! The ship had over 4000 passengers for the first time. 4001 to be exact!! We never had any issues with anything and the ships design is gorgeous.

Ron

Do you know if they were x-raying the bags for wine or checking for wine when you returned from port?

Ron

Excellent, another Royal cruiser who had a great time :)

Hi Ron,

Glad you had a great cruise...she certainly is beautiful. We also disembarked in Venice and spent tow more days...and got big time sticker shock at the meals paying out of pocket!! We loved Venice but missed the Royal!!

Will be looking forward to your review and comments. And 4,000...our July 17 saiilng was somewhere in the 3,900 range. Wow!!

Hi Ron,

Glad you had a great cruise...she certainly is beautiful. We also disembarked in Venice and spent tow more days...and got big time sticker shock at the meals paying out of pocket!! We loved Venice but missed the Royal!!

Will be looking forward to your review and comments. And 4,000...our July 17 saiilng was somewhere in the 3,900 range. Wow!!

That is why I am glad we are doing Venice, pre cruise.:D:D

Ron, thank you for posting. We will certainly look forward to you review.:)

Do you know if they were x-raying the bags for wine or checking for wine when you returned from port?

I did see them checking for bottles at the ports. However, if you are embarking in Barcelona, you can buy and take on board all the wine and liquor you can carry. There was no checking bags when you get on board.

I was very surprised at this. Once you are past the first set of X-ray machines, there is a duty free shop inside the terminal.

Ron

Hi Benny!

Very cool indeed!!! Looking forward to her arrival into Fort Lauderdale on October 27th. Can't wait to see the live webcam with her docked at Terminal 2. That is going to be sooooo cool. :D:D:D

Dave - you have once again provided me with some previously unknown and totally fantastic information.

While I am really looking forward to watching the Royal leave Ft. Lauderdale on Oct. 29, it had never occurred to me that I could watch her arrive as well!!

Since there is a two day delay before she sails on her maiden Caribbean cruise, are there more "ceremonies" scheduled at Port Everglades?

The launch of a new ship is so exciting, and you are the best "tour guide" that we could wish for. As always, thank you again for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Kay

P.S. And as a former librarian, I am more than majorly impressed with whatever organizational system you have for all the photos and your never ending ability to find just the right picture and share it again. :)

Hi Kay!

THANKS for the kind words! :o

I imagine Royal Princess will arrive into Fort Lauderdale very early in the morning on October 27th but she should be lit up like a Christmas tree and very easy to spot. Hopefully the camera operators of the LIVE webcams will be awake and follow her into port. Sunrise that morning isn't until 7:26am and she'll be docked well before that.

I don't know of any ceremonial events during that 2-day gap between her arrival and the Maiden Caribbean cruise, or if there is a Travel Agent cruise during that window. I too plan on being awake every day for a week to watch her depart. It will be amazing to see her from those angles and moving in front of us LIVE. :D

As for my 'organizational skills' it's really nothing more than a steel trap in my head that remembers just about every picture I've seen of her both inside and out. It comes in handy because a lot of those images I can re-access via the 'Everything' thread that I still have earmarked. I can reference them pretty quickly and post them if someone has a question that I can assist in answering.

:D

Glad to hear that the ship is beautiful and no issues with over 4,000 guests. Princess does an amazing job with that! 205 more days till we sail out of Ft. Lauderdale! Welcome back to Boca!

Hi. Ron and Louise we are also having a wonderful time in Venice and after a outstanding cruise on the Royal due to fly home in the morning, thanks again Ron for organising a wonderful day on the Amalfi Coast even though I had to shut my eyes a few times at those high high bends!

I think the negatives will be outweighed by the positives, when you see the new Horizon Court you will realise why it was so quiet in the dining rooms.

There were only 82 elites on board so we got an invite to the most travelled lunch which was a first, it really was a multi cultural voyage.

Just enjoy

Sue

Archived