Bag for carrying boarding documents

Superspeechie

Just wondering what people use to carry all the documents for boarding like set sail passes, passports etc. I find the ones dedicated for travel documents just aren't big enough for a family of 4. The last few times our documents look like something the dog ate by the time we get to the pier.

Thanks in advance.

Passport are kept separate. I use a plastic envelope with a string tie for everything else. I can access and reprint everything if needed, I scan it all and create a PDF file and email it to myself and my sister-in-law so someone at home will have our itinerary including pre and post hotels and flights.

Passports are kept in my purse until we either have to shown them as we approach security to get into the cruise terminals (Ft Lauderdale).

I keep all airline tickets in a clear plastic folder I got years ago on Princess.

I also keep all hotel confirmations in another clear plastic folder that we got from Princess.

All boarding passes, pre-booked shore excursions, pre-booked specialty restaurants, etc. I keep in a leather folder we got many years ago when we flew on the Concord.

I use a 3 ring binder with clear page protectors to hold everything. I use the zippered compartment on the front of my carry on to hold it.

It's me, my wife, and my 2 step daughters. Here are the docs we carry:

4x passports

4x boarding passes for flights

4x set sail passes for the ship

2x birth certificates

2x luggage tag exemplars (we have 2 cabins)

1x marriage certificate

1x certified letter from the girls dad

Aloha,

John

I use a zippered bag that I received from our TA a few years ago.

I put our passports, hotel confirmations , set-sail pass and some of our extra cash in it.

The bag fits in my purse or back pack, which ever I choose to use.

I also have a folder with all of our excursion information and anything else we might need for our cruise. The folder will go in the carry-on or even fits in a back pack. I prefer the back pack (a draw string style) so that I have hands free.

I have a zipped passport holder that holds the passports, the printed confirmations and some small bills to use for tips or purchasing a coffee or soda.

Know one has mentioned using the notes section of their smartphones to write the phone numbers, confirmation numbers and flight numbers. If everything else is lost at least you have confirmation numbers to rebuild your trip easily.

If I get real worried about it, I will snap a picture of the documents with my phone so I have some other proof. I have gotten over that finally LOL

You actually do not have to carry that much for boarding. If you print your boarding pass in advance, that one piece of paper, plus your passport (or birth certificate and drivers license) and a credit card are all you need to board. For a family of four, you will have just three more pieces of paper plus ID. A legal size envelope, or comparable folder, is sufficient.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I tend to take more paperwork than I actually need...just in case....I think scanning that stuff and saving it on phone will work just fine and then taking only the essential paperwork will be much better. Thanks again for the ideas.

I use a 3 ring binder with clear page protectors to hold everything. I use the zippered compartment on the front of my carry on to hold it.

It's me, my wife, and my 2 step daughters. Here are the docs we carry:

4x passports

4x boarding passes for flights

4x set sail passes for the ship

2x birth certificates

2x luggage tag exemplars (we have 2 cabins)

1x marriage certificate

1x certified letter from the girls dad

Aloha,

John

This is pretty much what I do. I then also put in accumulated memorabilia from the cruise thati want to keep. Sometimes it all actually makes it into a scrapbook! I do this for all vacations, not just cruises. For the passports, I have a very good quality, reinforced, fabric zippered compartment.

We are also a family of 4 and I use this Lug travel wallet:

http://www.luglife.com/Tango-Travel-Wallet?sc=2&category=1720#.UhobdRG9KSM

I can carry 4 passports, cash, hotel confirmations, cruise documents and port travel confirmations. I do try and keep as many confirmations on my IPad or iPod touch as I can, but sometimes I just want a paper copy so I'm not lugging around electronics in port.

This wallet fits into my travel purse, and once on the ship it lives in the safe, so we know where all the important documents are at all times.

My passport stays in my purse. All airine, packing lists, insurance, hotel, cruise and shore excursion documents go in a tab seperated accordian folder in the front pocket of my carry on. I also work up a word document that is an overview of flight times, contact info, confirmation numbers and everything. I keep a copy in my documents folder and Mom and I leave a copy for my dad, brother and any other family members who would need to get in touch with us in an emergency.

It serves 3 purposes. First, if I have to contact any travel provider, I have the confirmation number and contact info in one place without being dependent on battery power. Second, somebody at home knows how to reach me at any given time since my phone goes off when I get to the ship. Third, I don't get asked 10 times what time my flight leaves or arrives.

Zip-lock bags. I print them off on different colored paper...(i.e. white for airline, pink for pre/post hotel, blue for travel insurance, light green for excursions, etc.) I can easily see through the bag and just grab the color. Takes up no room, and they are stapled and ready to pull out when needed. I'm a BIG fan of zip-lock bags of all sizes for travel.

Archived