Veendam August 17, 2013 Review

Crazy For Cats

Coming out of the break in the side of the ship, all of us in our group near went flying. I've never seen it so steep in Boston before and we've boarded/disembarked many, many times but only once or twice since the renovations to Black Falcon.

Sail - When we went up the gangway in Seattle in 2011 I didn't think anyone in front of or behind us would make it. DH and I didn't think we would make it. :eek: I actually held the railing and pulled myself along. In talking to others on the ship later, everyone said they didn't notice anything. I'm thinking they must have moved something after we boarded ... because anyone would have remembered the "climb" we took. :confused: I suspect maybe that's what happened to you recently when debarking in Boston recently?

Some of the "airport-style jet-way" gangways adjust automatically to changes in elevation, i.e. tide changes. Port Everglades/FLL comes to mind. Other have to be manually adjusted to such elevation changes by the jet-way operator. Seattle's Pier 91/Smith Cove Terminal is one of those.

Must have been fixed after you left.

Roy

I think you're probably correct about that, Roy. We left a little after 9:00 am and didn't notice unusual steepness. I guess the lesson learned is to never leave the ship too early.

Deb

Archived