Cost for laundry services on Oceania Nautica

CruiseNovice2013

Hi, I'll be taking my first cruise in October on Oceania's Nautica. It's just a one-week cruise, but it will be the second week of a three-week vacation for us, and we are just taking carry-on luggage. We're anticipating doing some hand laundry throughout the trip, but can anyone tell me how much Oceania charges for laundry services on the ship? It may very well be worthwhile. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'll be taking my first cruise in October on Oceania's Nautica. It's just a one-week cruise, but it will be the second week of a three-week vacation for us, and we are just taking carry-on luggage. We're anticipating doing some hand laundry throughout the trip, but can anyone tell me how much Oceania charges for laundry services on the ship? It may very well be worthwhile. Thanks in advance.

The prices are in line with the laundry charges in any good hotel. If I remember correctly shirts were around $5.50, sock $3, undergarments 3.50..

Not cheap but better than spending time in a laundry room.

The prices are in line with the laundry charges in any good hotel. If I remember correctly shirts were around $5.50, sock $3, undergarments 3.50..

Not cheap but better than spending time in a laundry room.

Wow Paul, you must have had a very special laundress at those prices. :rolleyes:

I just found an Oceania Laundry Service Ticket, and shirts are $3.50, socks $1.00, and undergarments $1.50

Hmm, well at $3.50 for a shirt, that sounds like a good deal to me.

We also will be coming off a week of touring when we board Riviera in December, so perhaps we'll do a load in the machine when we board. But then just do the odd shirt as needed (I would hand-wash my t-shirts and fancy tops in any case, plus I would never send underwear out.) I doubt if we'll be doing carry-on, since we're doing a 2 week crossing, and will be driving home at the end of it.

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful information. It looks like we'll be just down the hall from the laundry, so we'll probably take advantage of that at some point. I've read they have laundry soap available; is it in a vending machine? Will we need American coins? Thanks again, this is one less thing for me to keep wondering about. :)

Thanks everyone. This is very helpful information. It looks like we'll be just down the hall from the laundry, so we'll probably take advantage of that at some point. I've read they have laundry soap available; is it in a vending machine? Will we need American coins? Thanks again, this is one less thing for me to keep wondering about. :)

As pointed out by TKS, you need tokens purchased from the Service desk - no coins (US or otherwise) are needed. The price of the tokens is added to your shipboard account.

The detergent is dispensed into the washer with a push of a button. Don't forget to push it! Also bring dryer sheets from home if you need them.

Laundry rooms are always busy except, I have found, the first day, as people board and until dinner. If you have carry on, board as soon as you can, unpack and off to the laundry room and do your wash and any ironing that is needed. That, at least, is how we do it. If you have lots of money and do not mind the price, then the Oceania laundry service is good, but I rather have control of my clothes. Just my two cents worth.

we do it. If you have lots of money and do not mind the price, then the Oceania laundry service is good, but I rather have control of my clothes. Just my two cents worth.

I am not by any means rich but after lots of cruises where we did our own laundry to save we lost lots of time in the process. Time which was not replaceable and for which we paid big bucks. Trips back and forth to see if there was a free machine, waiting to dry, hours and hours wasted.

Then we took a 28 day and sent out everything... it was really not that costly, and we had a stress free trip... The time we saved was more than worth it and far cheaper.

If you love doing laundry...great Ill give you my cabin # and you can do ours and bill me the ship rate....:D

We're on a smaller ship, jus' 1250 close friends or so with a laundry on all passenger decks - and only 3 stops crossing the Atlantic. I think the aulde wash pail wil do for us.

Of course, I may learn better...

JMBobB

Laundry on Marina and Riviera is easy. Last cruise our cabin was just across the hall from the door to the laundry, so when I heard the crewman unlock the door in the A.M. I'd run across, start a load and finish getting ready, then dry the load with my morning coffee. I think I did about five loads of laundry crossing the Atlantic. Easy! Not as easy on the R ships.

Laundry was a piece of cake - just got off the Marina and had zero problems. 25 minutes for the wash cycle (enough time to go grab a coffee from Baristas and read for a bit) then 45 for the dryer (time to shower, etc). Worked out well - just do it when you think people would not be (e.g. before dinner). We also had the 20 for $20 deal and took advantage of that. We're currently in Copenhagen on week 3 of our Baltic adventure, and the 10 days on the ship were smack dab in the middle of this trip. Also, we found it perfect/very affordable to have clothes pressed after self washing. We also did send out some nicer slacks for dry cleaning, and it was not too pricey. Either way, it's not terribly expensive or inconvenient, but we could just be getting used to the super high cost of Scandinavia! :rolleyes: 21 days and counting! Fantastic part of the world, for sure.

Hi Dom & Don. We are already home and hope you are enjoying your extended vacation. Really enjoyed your company in La Reserve on our annaversary. Best of luck and safe flight home.

Bill & Pat

Hey Bill and Pat! We were *just* talking about how much we enjoyed that evening and getting to know you both! We have one more day in Copenhagen and then home. We did a 5 hour food tour today and if you come back here some day, please let me know as I can fill you in on the places to be as we had one of our best days on our 3 week adventure so far.

Glad to see you made it home and we will keep in touch. (and I'm still not eating kidney pie) ;)

Archived