Milestone Card

lindan1020

Just returned from the Breeze, great cruise. Received our milestone card on this cruise. While at guest services I asked one of the staff if after this cruise my card would return to platinum. The staff member said the new program they just implemented will keep cruisers with over 25 cruises with the milestone card and they will not go back to the platinum card. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this yet.

I'm guessing your new Milestone card looks like the lower one of these?

-with your data printed on it (these are blanks, pre-printing)

The upper card is the previous design, of course..

Milestones-187.jpg

Current Diamond cards look like the attachment below.

Diamond-173.jpg.5bd136a0fd2b88fc1f1ab5b423ed671e.jpg

I could be wrong (just ask my wife!) but I was under the impression

that you got the Milestone card for the actual 'milestone' cruises

of one's 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruises...

but for all one's cruises in between those magic numbers

you're issued with regular Platinum cards?

I offer this because I was discussing card issues with Guest Services on my recent Valor cruise

and came away with this impression.

I take an interest in these card designs

because I diligently collect all manner of Carnival ship-cards.

Just returned from the Breeze, great cruise. Received our milestone card on this cruise. While at guest services I asked one of the staff if after this cruise my card would return to platinum. The staff member said the new program they just implemented will keep cruisers with over 25 cruises with the milestone card and they will not go back to the platinum card. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this yet.

Don't think the staff member was informed. It used to be that way...but the new VIFP program puts them back in platinum until 200 days sailed for the white Diamond card.

I could be wrong (just ask my wife!) but I was under the impression

that you got the Milestone card for the actual 'milestone' cruises

of one's 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruises...

but for all one's cruises in between those magic numbers

you're issued with regular Platinum cards?

I offer this because I was discussing card issues with Guest Services on my recent Valor cruise

and came away with this impression.

I take an interest in these card designs

because I diligently collect all manner of Carnival ship-cards.

This is correct

This is correct
I think I might have been more accurate by stating...

..but for all one's cruises in between those magic numbers

you're issued with regular Platinum or Diamond cards?

-depending on one's days-on-board status...as it will be, after the year turns.

We only got our Milestone card when requested onboard.

Note you have 7 CCL b/4 2006. We have as well, but when the past cruise program began CCL told us they could only verify cruises from 2006. Wouldn't count any of ours b/4 that year. We have 20 since 2006 and would total 27. Anyway to get ours updated? Thanks

Note you have 7 CCL b/4 2006.

We have as well, but when the past cruise program began CCL told us they could only verify cruises from 2006.

Wouldn't count any of ours b/4 that year. We have 20 since 2006 and would total 27.

Anyway to get ours updated? Thanks

If you kept your cruise-cards from back then

you could show them their own Carnival card, as issued by them.

They have to acknowledge their own issue, surely.

Note you have 7 CCL b/4 2006. We have as well, but when the past cruise program began CCL told us they could only verify cruises from 2006. Wouldn't count any of ours b/4 that year. We have 20 since 2006 and would total 27. Anyway to get ours updated? Thanks

Sorry meant 1996 not 2006. Another sr moment.

Our old Carnivale Cruise was added to our tally after I faxed in an old photo of us embarking the ship with the date in the picture. It was an actual purchased Carnival photograph. I don't think they'll count any photo they didn't actually take. Good luck!

Sorry meant 1996 not 2006. Another sr moment.

We got two cruises that were taken before 1996 added on to our cruise history by sending in pictures we had taken, one was the Festivale we had the welcome aboard picture, the other one was on the Holiday we had a picture coming off the ship, even though that one didn't show a date, we didn't have another Holiday cruise in our history so that was added. Had to email pictures of drivers license also, not sure why, but went along with the program.

We got two cruises that were taken before 1996 added on to our cruise history by sending in pictures we had taken, one was the Festivale we had the welcome aboard picture, the other one was on the Holiday we had a picture coming off the ship, even though that one didn't show a date, we didn't have another Holiday cruise in our history so that was added. Had to email pictures of drivers license also, not sure why, but went along with the program.
I'll probably never have these problems:

1) I only started cruising in May 2007, and records since then are much better.

2) I maintain my own immaculate cruise record, including..

Booking numbers, Voyage numbers,

cabin categories and numbers, not to mention dates too.

When you have immaculate documentation like that, stuff that would stand up in a court of law,almost

The Order of The Universe intervenes to see that you'll never ever need it! :D

3) I keep all my Carnival cruise cards.

Pictures from old cruises can be used as evidence.

Milestone is an award, not a level. The two programs have always be separate. After your Milestone cruise, you should receive the card appropriate for your level on your next cruise.

Milestone is an award, not a level. Thanks Sarg, now I understand.

If you kept your cruise-cards from back then

you could show them their own Carnival card, as issued by them.

They have to acknowledge their own issue, surely.

Cruise cards before 1996 were carbon paper. They barely ever made it thru a seven day cruise and probably couldn't even be read today if someone did have it.

Some people have been successful getting cruises added and others have not.

Pictures from old cruises can be used as evidence.

Milestone is an award, not a level. The two programs have always be separate. After your Milestone cruise, you should receive the card appropriate for your level on your next cruise.

I wonder then why we received so many cards with "MILESTONE REWARDS" emblazoned on them?

(shhhh... it's because at one point, most at Carnival did not really know either....);)

Tom

I wonder then why we received so many cards with "MILESTONE REWARDS" emblazoned on them?

(shhhh... it's because at one point, most at Carnival did not really know either....);)

Tom

And it's because THOSE THAT REACHED MILESTONE WERE TOLD THEY WOULD BE MOVED TO THE HIGHEST TIER, DIAMOND. THAT AND THE FACT THAT YOUR CARDS CONTINUED TO BE MILESTONE REWARDS, THAT IT WAS INDEED A LEVEL. opps... did I say that too loud?? Sorry Tom...:D Not yelling at you... just wanted to say it loud... :)

Actually, the Diamond perks should be more than a once in a lifetime perk, they should do at least some of them on every cruise... :rolleyes:

Hmmmm wonder if this is just implemented recently?? Guess we will find out when the next Milestone cruiser that has returned to Platinum posts that they received their white milestone card... is it possible that they decided to do this instead of returning those with over 25 cruises to Platinum?:rolleyes:

Hmmmm wonder if this is just implemented recently?? Guess we will find out when the next Milestone cruiser that has returned to Platinum posts that they received their white milestone card... is it possible that they decided to do this instead of returning those with over 25 cruises to Platinum?:rolleyes:

I was wondering about this myself, when I board the Fascination in three weeks. CCL is supposed to have an "announcement" on Tuesday. I am not expecting anything "brilliant" , but perhaps they have had a change of thinking after some of the events of the past year.

Actually, the Diamond perks should be more than a once in a lifetime perk, they should do at least some of them on every cruise... :rolleyes:

I agree -this one time upgrade to balcony and one time steakhouse offer is a farce.

I have been upgraded from an OV guarantee to a rear balcony on my MSC cruise next month and this is my first sailing on MSC. Not a loyalty perk LOL

I am Diamond on Carnival and have never had an upgrade. (With only 16 cruises but longer ones)

Royal has a $325 balcony reduction for every sailing. (Also off topic but no solo supplement on the Independence TA next May)

They said this back on the Legend in April but were wrong.

Archived