Duty Free Liquor on B2B

Eddie's Girl

:confused: Have never done a B2B before so here is a question for those of you who have: If we buy duty free liquor on the first leg is it still delivered on the last night and can you drink it on the second leg?

Edited by Eddie's girl

:confused: Have never done a B2B before so here is a question for those of you who have: If we buy duty free liquor on the first leg is it still delivered on the last night and can you drink it on the second leg?

Yes, you will get it the night before the end of your 1st leg.

Yes, you will get it the night before the end of your 1st leg.

Our experience on a South American B2B last year was they would not let us buy duty free at the end of the first cruise for use on the second. However, the easy way round this is to have someone who is leaving the ship after the first leg buy it for you - no problem!

Our experience on a South American B2B last year was they would not let us buy duty free at the end of the first cruise for use on the second. However, the easy way round this is to have someone who is leaving the ship after the first leg buy it for you - no problem!

I really can't believe that they would know or track it that close to not deliver the alcohol to you after the first week. I have to believe that your second week 's on board account will be a lot less than the first week.

Howard

That would be a great deal, get someone else to pay for your booze. If you find that person let them know that I have a bridge for sale. :D

It seems like a risky and complicated business deal to save a few dollars on both ends. I don't know if I would do that for someone or even think of asking. Have heard where customs is supplied with a list of purchases and wouldn't want to risk someone having to be questioned about the purchase if it wasn't declared.

The only way to know is to buy the booze on the first leg. If it isn't available for the second leg then you take to home. Either way you are only allowed to bring in 2 liters per a 30 day period. It is not per cruise. But if they give it to you after the first cruise and you drink it you can purchase 2 more for your duty free allowance. You can always purchase any amount that you want but you will have to pay the duty.

Rules, Rules, Rules. they are attempting to stop you from buying on the first of a b2b and enjoying on the second cruise. We have found this is hit and miss with more miss than hit. Yes, you could get someone to buy for you OR you could buy on the last night and take it with you to your cabin. Only reason we mention this is that we are not big liquor drinkers. But it has been known to happen.

• 2 years later...

My husband asked for a bottle of Markers Mark as a birthday present. Since we were sailing on the Summit, I thought it would be so easy to get it on the ship. His birthday was the day before we disembarked. I knew that liquor is delivered to cabins on the last night. I went to buy it on our final day at sea. They don't sell it. A good idea gone bad. After we disembarked, our daughter (on the cruise) went to a local New Jersey liquor store. Is there any place that posts the brands of liquor sold on the ship?