Oasis.....what is NOT to be missed?

sherlynn

Not in any special order....

Aqua theater shows

Ice show

Zip Line

Not so secret balconies for sunsets

Park cafe for kimmelweck (spelling?) sandwich. (roast beef on a special roll) Ask for extra meat an au jus!

There is sooo much to see and do, it really depends on what YOUR interests are. There are posts with all compasses to look at that help.

We took in all shows and liked them all. Made reservations early and had no problems with scheduling.

Had so much fun we booked Allure next!!

Just got back from Oasis. My family loved Hairspray - my 7 and 4 years olds wanted to see it twice! We also loved the ice show and the 2 aqua theater shows. Come Fly With Me was a miss for us, kind of "old school cruise ship" sing and dance show with some cable stunts. Meh.

Got out to the forward outside area on Deck 14. Beautiful view and almost always empty.

Definitely try the Park Cafe. It's a great alternative to the Windjammer for a casual breakfast or lunch.

If I had to pick only one thing then I would say the Aqua Theater shows. You will not see anything like them except on one other ship. But I do agree that Oasis's Ice show is special if the sand artist is still part of the show.

Sand artist is still part of the show ... they were amazing. Jan

I agree with most posters here. IMO Oasis has the best shows on any ship I have sailed on to date. I was also on the 8/17/13 sailing and I have never seen anything like the Sand Artist during the Ice show. That was a WOW. Come Fly With Me is another beautiful show.

Enjoy your cruise.

In addition to what has already been mentioned, we enjoyed the walking art tour (very interesting and we saw a lot of things we never would have noticed if we hadn't done the tour).

We also had a blast at the cupcake decorating class when my parents cruised with us. At the time my mom was 80 and my dad 88.

Hubby loves the Flowrider.

It's also fun to go to the Windjammer for lunch and sit where you can watch people doing the zipline.

On our last Oasis cruise with friends, I put together a list of all the bars and we attempted to check them all off but didn't quite make it. We put a pretty good dent in the list though. :D

Just got back from Oasis. My family loved Hairspray - my 7 and 4 years olds wanted to see it twice! We also loved the ice show and the 2 aqua theater shows. Come Fly With Me was a miss for us, kind of "old school cruise ship" sing and dance show with some cable stunts. Meh.

Got out to the forward outside area on Deck 14. Beautiful view and almost always empty.

Definitely try the Park Cafe. It's a great alternative to the Windjammer for a casual breakfast or lunch.

Did your children participate in the Adventure Ocean programs? If so, any thoughts or comments?

For our upcoming Family cruise, I want to know from all of the experienced Oasis cruisers, what is simply NOT to be missed?

Be sure to see ALL of the shows!!! The comedy club has guest comics but they are usually really good. The show changes each time due to a changng audience. The comedy club is definitely for age 18 and above. If you are doing any adult only dining then Chef's Table and 150 CP are fabulous. Vintages has some really great tapas at very reasonable prices. Walking through central park at night is really fun.

Did your children participate in the Adventure Ocean programs? If so, any thoughts or comments?

Not the person you were asking, but we just got off Oasis 2 days ago.

Our 8 year old daughter couldn't spend enough time in the kids club (she called it "camp"). Our 11 year old son, wasn't as enthused about it - not totally surprising when you are at the top of the age range. Overall though, they do a pretty good job. The biggest problem for us was - and it's a huge problem IMO - is that they do not have the program open/available on the first night. The first day is for registration only. That's ridiculous. We had pre-booked Hairspray for the two of us on the first night, but missed it because we didn't know the kids couldn't go in to the club. Instead we just ended up taking them to the pool deck and letting them go swimming.

I agree with you. Come Fly with Me was meh- outdated and very 70's style. I could have skipped that one. The show needs an update.

Not to miss:

Hairspray

Aqua Show - but sit in the bottom of the stadium- if you sit near the bar you will miss some of the acrobatic elements

Park Café- wonderful little gem of a quick service restaurant

Solarium- one of the biggest and nicest I have ever seen

Comedy Show and Improv show- they were both funny

What is the Sand Artist? Sounds interesting! We've seen ice shows on Adventure and Navigator and really enjoyed them so I'm certainly planning on booking so the rest of my family can enjoy it too!

It might be best to just find out for yourself then come back and tell us what you thought.

Not the person you were asking, but we just got off Oasis 2 days ago.

the first night. The first day is for registration only. That's ridiculous. We had pre-booked Hairspray for the two of us on the first night, but missed it because we didn't know the kids couldn't go in to the club. Instead we just ended up taking them to the pool deck and letting them go swimming.

I wound up just showing up at Hairspray on the first night and had no problem getting in. We had reservations for the 2nd night at 10:30 but I changed them to the 2:30 show once onboard.

However, on the first night, spouse was tired and fell asleep, so I just walked into Hairspray.

Take time to casually walk around the ship and enjoy all the interesting art and art sculptures, there's so much to see. Don't forget to take a peek into the mini telescopes you come across while you browse.

Rose

I wound up just showing up at Hairspray on the first night and had no problem getting in. We had reservations for the 2nd night at 10:30 but I changed them to the 2:30 show once onboard.

However, on the first night, spouse was tired and fell asleep, so I just walked into Hairspray.

We didn't miss it because we couldn't get in - we had reservations. we didn't see it because we couldn't put our children in Adventure Ocean since for some bizarre reason they do not have it open the first night. The kids wanted no part of sitting through the show, so we had to do something else instead.

Let me cast another vote for the ice show. Just got off the 8/17 sailing (hi, skiiergirl and JaninMaine!!) and while we enjoyed all the shows the ice show was really something special. We've seen lots of ice shows, but this one was miles away. Costumes, musical score, performance, and then the SAND ARTISTS!!! Oh, my goodness. Totally surreal and magical. It's hard to explain, so you will just have to see it. And, the closer you get to the rink the better it will be!:D

They did. My 4 year old loved her group, even though I was slightly less than impressed with the staff for her age. They just didn't seem very engaged. But like I said, she loved it so maybe they were more fun when the parents weren't watching. They did a lot of free play and had a ton of new Fisher Price toys. They also had a coloring table available and played a bunch of Simon-Says type games.

My 7 year old is really shy and timid. She was nervous about going but she, too, had a good time. The staff for this age group had a lot more energy and they seemed to do a lot more. One teacher, who they call Igloo, was particularly in tune with my kid and always helped her to get involved when she felt nervous. I felt really comfortable leaving my shy one with her. There were a lot more boys than girls for our sailing, so it was pretty wild in there sometimes. They did a good job keeping the kids busy, although there were more organized games than my daughter would have preferred (she's more one to sit and draw). The Kids Compass was pretty detailed about activities for each session.

My kids only went to AO during the evenings with the exception of one afternoon. There is so much to do on this ship that even with 3 sea days we just always seemed to have something else to do! We used the late-night care once and it was great. We didn't need to sign up in advance like they said, we just let them know when we dropped the kids off and all was fine. The older kids were still playing when we picked up at 1:00 (I know I know, we didn't mean to be out so late....Quest!;)), but the youngers were chilled out watching a movie. Overall it was great. The facilities are incredible. There were always enough staff for the number of kids. It was a huge added bonus for my husband and I to have a few hours to explore the adult things on the ship on our own.

Archived