Celebrity's web site showed me someone else's reservation!

Turtles06

I know people have had many (justifiable) complaints about Celebrity's web site, but what happened to me this evening was a terrible invasion of someone else's privacy. When I logged on to "My Reservations" and selected the On Line Check-in page for my upcoming TA on the Infinity in October (to see if my e-docs were available), what came up next was a booking for a November sailing of the Majesty of the Seas with the names of two specific passengers (neither of which was mine or my spouse's)!!

I was appalled that something like this could happen. I called Celebrity immediately and got a phone rep who did not even seem to care about this breach of privacy and tried to tell me that I couldn't use the On Line Check-in page because I hadn't booked the cruise on line. She was completely wrong; I'd already used that page to complete my On Line Check-in, as I told her. She kept trying to convince me that I was wrong, completely missing the point that their web site showed me someone else's reservation when I was logged in to my own.

I then spoke to another phone rep who was as disturbed as I was and said she would inform a supervisor. She also said that their web site's reservations system does not connect with Royal Caribbean's, so she couldn't even understand how that could happen. Well, it did.

Appalling.

Things that should've happen often happen. Since I'm a bit paranoid I frequently check my credit card accounts. Once I found a charge for a cruise that I didn't book. I immediately called Amex to tell them of the error. they told me that I would need to call the TA that entered the charge, but they would list the transaction as disputed. Called my FORMER TA who said they were sorry this happened and they would call Amex at once. Asked how my card number could be used for someone else's cruise. They said that it was just a mistake. As I said "former TA". Oh, the mysteries of the world. Hope those who charged the cruise enjoyed and paid for it.

I was appalled that something like this could happen. I called Celebrity immediately and got a phone rep who did not even seem to care about this breach of privacy and tried to tell me that I couldn't use the On Line Check-in page because I hadn't booked the cruise on line. She was completely wrong; I'd already used that page to complete my On Line Check-in, as I told her. She kept trying to convince me that I was wrong, completely missing the point that their web site showed me someone else's reservation when I was logged in to my own.

This response from a phone rep is what worries me about the changes in the UK. I have already started to come across reps after phoning the UK number who try to tell me that I am wrong and that they Know better then me. It never used to be like that in the UK.

Things that should've happen often happen. Since I'm a bit paranoid I frequently check my credit card accounts. Once I found a charge for a cruise that I didn't book. I immediately called Amex to tell them of the error. they told me that I would need to call the TA that entered the charge, but they would list the transaction as disputed. Called my FORMER TA who said they were sorry this happened and they would call Amex at once. Asked how my card number could be used for someone else's cruise. They said that it was just a mistake. As I said "former TA". Oh, the mysteries of the world. Hope those who charged the cruise enjoyed and paid for it.

If you only check your account "frequently" you are not paranoid! I do it daily and, if something has happened to cause me some concern, more fequently than that. Currently my cause for concern is the BA website which seems to have a more flaky accounts system than Celebrity. Oh, the joys of travel!

Sue

I must say I haven't found the UK reps very helpful.

I phoned a few months ago to see if I could add a "free" drinks package to my early booking. I said I would pay the difference in price (at this stage is wasn't too much as the offer also included OBC).

First the rep told me that if I had booked the day after I would have lots of OBC etc. This was not true as I watched the site every day and even if it was who wants to be told that. She said that she would forward the inquiry and I would have an email telling me yes or no. There was no email.

I then phone again about 6 weeks later thinking I may have missed the email. This rep was willing to include the package but at that days cruise price which by this time was too high. This time the rep spent 5 minutes telling me I was wasting my time with the classic package and wouldn't get value for money. In the end he asked what I wanted to happen. I asked for an email response to my original question. I am still waiting 4 weeks later.

I specifically booked with Celebrity directly as everyone said I would get the best service but my experience is very poor.

Misinformed reps who don't follow though on what they promise.

For this cruise I can't do anything but will make further inquiries via email and in future I will book with a TA.

I also had the details of another couple who had booked a cruise through the same agency as me. I had all their details including dob, passport number etc. If I had been a different type of person I could have messed with their booking no end!

I called Celebrity to get the cruise taken off my account and they could/would do nothing about it. "just ignore it" I was told.

That is all very well but what if another person had my details! We take as many precautions as possible to keep our personal details secret, then Celebrity gives them to unknown people.

Not good enough.

They also told me that this didn't happen to anyone else and mine was a one off glitch. Obviously not true.

The shame of the whole debacle was that we didn't get a captains club credit for their cruise!!!!! ( would have nearly been elite then!)

Funny this came up today.

Just the other day when I got the email telling me that my cruise guest documents were ready, I found a website/security flaw that let me view all the edocuments for every cabin on my sailing! :eek:

I won't say how to do it, for obvious reasons, but it is very simple and anyone with basic knowledge can do it. I'll try let Celebrity know but judging by this I doubt they'll even care??

My only experience of dealing with Celebrity direct was a disaster. I was told on booking that any later price reduction would be allowed on my booking. 3 months later when I asked them to make good on this promise I was told there was nothing on my file to confirm this. I cancelled. I now ONLY use TA's

Brian

:eek:This has happened to me as well. We cancelled a cruise for October back 3 months ago and ever since then the new people who got our room are on my reservation page. I can see their names, anything they've ordered, their beverage packages etc. I also know they upgraded and even have a different room now. Weird.

It doesn't instill a whole lot of confidence that Celebrity is keeping my personal info.... personal. :eek:

I've had something similar happen a couple of times now. They keep mixing me up with someone who has the same first and last name. I've gone into My Celebrity and there I am with a different middle name, email address, upcoming cruise, etc. When I've phoned about it and my concern about possible security breaches I've just been told, don't worry, that couldn't happen :rolleyes:

I check My Celebrity on a regular basis now to make sure all my details are actually mine.

Stuff happens. I'm not sure why this is appalling? Not good, yes. But we still say stuff happens. Not sure what you gleaned from the reservation information that was important. But, do you give your credit card to the waiter and gas station attendant, if yes, you should be more concerned with that. Yes, the first rep should have taken you more seriously, but again...

Archived