Century refit

Oz_Steve

Just booked a cruise in August next year on this vessel. It looks ti be going for a refit. Anyone know what will be done and what the ships condition currently is?

Hello Oz_Steve:)....she is going into a drydock for 1 week in early

February 2014. Not what most folks consider a "refit". A 7 day drydock?

Some heavier cleaning....changing of dry goods.....but as for a refit?

Maybe your terminology is meaning drydock?

Hello Oz_Steve:)....she is going into a drydock for 1 week in early

February 2014. Not what most folks consider a "refit". A 7 day drydock?

Some heavier cleaning....changing of dry goods.....but as for a refit?

Maybe your terminology is meaning drydock?

What Lois said and they will be doing maintenance that can't be done while the ship is in the water that has to be done every few years. Do not expect anything major...

Sorry a little loose with the terminology. So what kind of shape is it currently in?

Hi, maybe someone who has sailed her recently will reply. I was on her

in May 2011.....she was wonderful (as usual) she was my first ship and I

have sailed her 6 times and going again in February:D

Just booked a cruise in August next year on this vessel. It looks ti be going for a refit. Anyone know what will be done and what the ships condition currently is?

the refit was actually cancelled.. she is now just doing a very short drydock for some extra heavy maintenance, nothing huge will be done.

We sailed the Century a few weeks ago. It is an older ship and really could use some cosmetic work. There were places where paint was chipped and the many things look like they need an update. However, it is still a beautiful ship and very clean. Being a smaller ship it does not have all the bells and whistles of other ships but there was plenty to do, the food was exceptional and the service was great. I would not hesitate booking on the Century. It is however good to go with the mindset that it is an older ship.

I have no information to support what I'm saying. Only a word of warning to the OP. A major refit would have indicated to me that Century would remain in the fleet for a long time. Conversely, this very short dry dock might indicate that her days are numbered and one should be prepared to see their cruise cancelled. These rumors have been around for a very long time and have been fully discussed on other threads. Just saying a "Plan B" might be a good idea.

I have no information to support what I'm saying. Only a word of warning to the OP. A major refit would have indicated to me that Century would remain in the fleet for a long time. Conversely, this very short dry dock might indicate that her days are numbered and one should be prepared to see their cruise cancelled. These rumors have been around for a very long time and have been fully discussed on other threads. Just saying a "Plan B" might be a good idea.

O,

I agree! We have the Century booked for Dec 21st and again April 12th. We are holding off on booking air and hotels for the April date, as it could very well be sold off early next year. However, TUI is building two new ships and I'm not sure where it might end up. Could be a Celebrity ship for a couple of more years, but I'm hedging my bets.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Archived