Just about to pay my balance and Celebrity changed my cabin!

Universe93B

[quote name='wbrumel']To answer a previous post, when we were "relocated" at check-in, they assured me my luggage would be re-routed as well. When it didn't show up with everyone else's, I went to the hallway of my original room and found it sitting there. Shlepped it myself to my new cabin.[/quote]
Also note, put first name as well as surname on the luggage tags. We had two of our bags delivered to another room (people with the same surname) even though the tag with cabin number was most prominent.:D

[quote name='MicCanberra']Also note, put first name as well as surname on the luggage tags. We had two of our bags delivered to another room (people with the same surname) even though the tag with cabin number was most prominent.:D[/QUOTE]

Only a fool:D would put their name on the tag, how else are we going to get free clothing to wear. With our name, no first name needed.:rolleyes:

[quote name='neverbeenhere']Only a fool:D would put their name on the tag, how else are we going to get free clothing to wear. With our name, no first name needed.:rolleyes:[/quote]
LOL very funny, the secret to wearing other's clothing is to be shameless.:eek:

[quote name='TaxiDriver']Hi guys,

I called this morning, and they changed me back to my cabin since it was open. It took a while from work and now I'm behind in all my work for the day!

They said "You changed the cabin last night at 8.58PM" I said I didn't do that, I wasn't even home. They said I changed the cabin online and it's my fault. But even if I changed it myself, can I do that? When I logged in last night, I was trying to change my cabin back to the previous one and couldn't do it. I could pick a cabin another category but couldn't choose another cabin in the same category. Can anyone help me see if I was even able to do that?

Basically, the cabin was changed back, but they said I changed it by myself which I know for sure no one did. They are blaming me for some weird, ghost cabin change.[/QUOTE]
This is my first experience with Celebrity, and yes, I have discovered that Celebrity will blame you, the client, for any typos, etc. that "they" make in your reservation (and I'm talking them on the phone, not me online), and then you may find you owe more money because "they" told you one price when you called and then send you another price on your statement. Be very wary!

Several years ago, the same thing happened to me. I booked a midship cabin about a year before the cruise date. It was for a Xmas week cruise. When my TA sent me a bill for the final payment, I noticed that the cabin # was not the same as my original cabin. I called the TA. The TA told me that the cruise line had reassigned me. It was in the same category. The TA did not seem to care. TA told me to call Celebrity to ask why they had changed the cabin. When I did, I learned the real truth. The TA held my deposit check too long before giving Celebrity the deposit money. By the time the deposit got to Celebrity, the original cabin was not available. The TA selected another cabin in the same category without telling me. I was told that if I had made my deposit by credit card and insisted that it be posted by Celebrity, this would never happen. I called my TA who did admit that what Celebrity had told me was correct. The TA also said that since I was still in the same category nothing could be done. I canceled the cruise. I rebooked another cruise on a different line with a different TA. Now I always pay by credit card and call the cruiseline to check details.

Archived