Just about to pay my balance and Celebrity changed my cabin!

Universe93B

[quote name='Orator']Yes. Go to Reservations. They will keep the cancelled reservation on until that cruise is over. They have a tab to make it easy for you to rebook it. I have one that's been there for almost a year. ignore it,it means nothing.[/quote]

Ok, I got it. I was rolling over the "Manage Reservation" without clicking on it. Rolling just opens the tabs for online check-in, add guests etc.

Just another Duh! moment.

Thanks for your help.

Sheal

[quote name='wallie5446']We sailed the Ruby Princess last year, and had to have it listed on our booking, 'no cabin changes'. We still got no less than 3/4 calls from Princess about changing.[/quote]
Yes, while I am open to a cabin change/upgrade on some cruises, on others we are not. We instruct our TA to notify us of any changes and to not accept them until we have accepted them ourselves. So far so good.:D

[quote name='TaxiDriver']Hi guys,

Basically, the cabin was changed back, but they said I changed it by myself which I know for sure no one did. They are blaming me for some weird, ghost cabin change.[/quote]

I think I would be checking every day to make sure the ghost changer didn't change the room again.

Frankly, I think several of us will be checking more frequently to make sure our reservations continue to be accurate.

When I first started cruising we booked through a TA (no internet) and we only booked a cabin category; no room picked out. Every single time we were upgraded, quite nicely, and really enjoyed the perk. It was not really an option to pick our cabin; or maybe we just did not know it was. :)

Cruising was different then though, (late 80's to early 90's) a bit more formal and WAY more expensive. Always a great time though; some of my fondest memories of cruising. We still giggle at the stories and pictures. :D:D

I now pick my cabin and I am not always happy what the cruise lines consider an upgrade. :rolleyes:

Happy cruising all!

We are not trying to be namby pamby, however is there not a better way to comment upon someone's potentially incorrect or incorrect statement then: Absolutely not correct, or Not Right. How about: This isn't correct or You are a Misinformed Idiot?? Manners, out the window because you are on the internet? or in general?

[quote name='sabookkeeper']This may be a silly question but...if your cabin is changed at check in, your luggage has already been dropped off with the cabin number. Do you have to go to the old cabin and wait for your luggage to arrive?[/quote]

Oh, really good question!!!! Your original luggage tag would have the original cabin number on it! :confused:

When it happened to me, and I found out at check in, that was my first thought: what happens to my luggage?

I went to Guest Relations immediately on boarding and someone there handled the transfer -- it was moved from the hallway outside my original stateroom to the passageway outside my new stateroom, within a matter of half an hour.

[quote name='Orator']Unfortunately, that's not unusual. Web site problems. Should reappear, keep checking.[/quote]

Still missing. Should I readd my reservation using the booking number? The link on top says "Don't see your reservation below? Add it here"...

[quote name='cruisestitch']I have been told that if you book with a TA rather than with Celebrity directly you must manually add in all of your cruises.

If you had a cruise already listed on My Celebrity, and then it disappears, that's a different issue.[/quote]

Thanks for that info. I guess that is a good reason why I always have to add my own cruises.

WOW--after so many yrs of cruising with X this is a new pitfall to learn about altho' it has never happened to us. Guess we will have to check our cabin assignments along with checking for price drops!

We pay extra for a good class cabin (AQ) and book early to get a precise cabin--usually mid-ships/quiet. We would not be very happy being moved. esp. in AQ where some cabins are much more impacted by deck above than others.

I hope someone can set up a poll to se how often this occurs.

[quote name='hcat']WOW--after so many yrs of cruising with X this is a new pitfall to learn about altho' it has never happened to us. Guess we will have to check our cabin assignments along with checking for price drops!

We pay extra for a good class cabin (AQ) and book early to get a precise cabin--usually mid-ships/quiet. We would not be very happy being moved. esp. in AQ where some cabins are much more impacted by deck above than others.

I hope someone can set up a poll to se how often this occurs.[/quote]

In Aqua it is all about location. After reading some old threads the suggestion was to have your TA put on your reservation "NO CABIN CHANGES" which I had added to mine :). Even with this added Celebrity can still move you even though it doesn't happen to often.

[quote name='hcat']WOW--after so many yrs of cruising with X this is a new pitfall to learn about altho' it has never happened to us. Guess we will have to check our cabin assignments along with checking for price drops!

I hope someone can set up a poll to se how often this occurs.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. I'm in AQ on deck 9 on the Summit, and very carefully selected my cabin - midship, not adjoining, not obstructed, etc. I do not want to be in AQ on 11, or really any other place. I asked my TA, and he said Celebrity would contact him and he would have to approve any change, and he knows I won't approve. So, keeping my fingers crossed that we have no issues.

[quote name='carolslc']I did the same. I'm in AQ on deck 9 on the Summit, and very carefully selected my cabin - midship, not adjoining, not obstructed, etc. I do not want to be in AQ on 11, or really any other place. I asked my TA, and he said Celebrity would contact him and he would have to approve any change, and he knows I won't approve. So, keeping my fingers crossed that we have no issues.[/quote]
Agreed, I always research where I want my Cabin to be and pick one that is appropriate. I do have some flexibility if they keep me in a similar cabin in the same area or if they provide (what I would consider) an upgrade, otherwise I would like them to leave me where I am.:D

To answer a previous post, when we were "relocated" at check-in, they assured me my luggage would be re-routed as well. When it didn't show up with everyone else's, I went to the hallway of my original room and found it sitting there. Shlepped it myself to my new cabin.

Archived