Just about to pay my balance and Celebrity changed my cabin!

Universe93B

I hope this is not all that common an occurrence. We booked an aft corner sky suite to celebrate our anniversary. We have never cruised in a suite of any kind before, so this is a splurge for us. To be moved to a non-corner suite would be very aggravating to say the least. I am fairly sure that on Princess, once you book a specific cabin it is yours with no changes allowed. So this news is a bit shocking and causing me a bit of a worry. I guess I will contact my travel agent and ask him to be notified if we get moved. I would want some kind of compensation if that happened.

I hope this is not all that common an occurrence. We booked an aft corner sky suite to celebrate our anniversary. We have never cruised in a suite of any kind before, so this is a splurge for us. To be moved to a non-corner suite would be very aggravating to say the least. I am fairly sure that on Princess, once you book a specific cabin it is yours with no changes allowed. So this news is a bit shocking and causing me a bit of a worry. I guess I will contact my travel agent and ask him to be notified if we get moved. I would want some kind of compensation if that happened.

If you booked an SS1, and were changed I don't think you could be downgraded to an SS2, which aren't corner sky suites. But you might be upgraded to a higher level suite, none of which are on aft corners; if that happened to us, I'd not complain at all!!

I don't mind as long as its an upgrade from balcony to suite :D

Seriously, we have booked one with the overhang because cruising from Uk second half of October, we are expecting some windy, wet conditions. The overhang protects from the elements and let's us use our balcony more, lovely:cool:

How do you check to see if your cabin has changed? The only way I know is when completing Xpress Pass or when you order your luggage tags. I've checked my account but don't see anywhere there that shows the cabin #.

Many thanks

If you booked an SS1, and were changed I don't think you could be downgraded to an SS2, which aren't corner sky suites. But you might be upgraded to a higher level suite, none of which are on aft corners; if that happened to us, I'd not complain at all!!

Yes we are booked as SS1. I would prefer to stay in the specific corner suite we booked (rather than a different corner suite on another deck) but I am happy to know we will not be downgraded if what you say is true. Of course if we get moved to a higher level suite that would be fine.:)

How do you check to see if your cabin has changed? The only way I know is when completing Xpress Pass or when you order your luggage tags. I've checked my account but don't see anywhere there that shows the cabin #.

Many thanks

Go to "My Celebrity" on the Celebrity site and click on "Reservations". You should see all your reservation details including cabin number. If you don't see your reservation you may need to enter it. You'll need your reservation number.

Go to "My Celebrity" on the Celebrity site and click on "Reservations". You should see all your reservation details including cabin number. If you don't see your reservation you may need to enter it. You'll need your reservation number.

Doh! I should have known that.

I think I've been lucky as I've never had my cabin changed.

Wouldn't mind though if the upgrade fairy zapped us.

Hi guys,

I called this morning, and they changed me back to my cabin since it was open. It took a while from work and now I'm behind in all my work for the day!

They said "You changed the cabin last night at 8.58PM" I said I didn't do that, I wasn't even home. They said I changed the cabin online and it's my fault. But even if I changed it myself, can I do that? When I logged in last night, I was trying to change my cabin back to the previous one and couldn't do it. I could pick a cabin another category but couldn't choose another cabin in the same category. Can anyone help me see if I was even able to do that?

Basically, the cabin was changed back, but they said I changed it by myself which I know for sure no one did. They are blaming me for some weird, ghost cabin change.

Hi guys,

I called this morning, and they changed me back to my cabin since it was open. It took a while from work and now I'm behind in all my work for the day!

They said "You changed the cabin last night at 8.58PM" I said I didn't do that, I wasn't even home. They said I changed the cabin online and it's my fault. But even if I changed it myself, can I do that? When I logged in last night, I was trying to change my cabin back to the previous one and couldn't do it. I could pick a cabin another category but couldn't choose another cabin in the same category. Can anyone help me see if I was even able to do that?

Basically, the cabin was changed back, but they said I changed it by myself which I know for sure no one did. They are blaming me for some weird, ghost cabin change.

Glad to hear that you got your cabin back. You can usually change to another cabin in the same category and I don't know why that would have been a problem if another cabin was available. I've made that type of change several times always through my TA and never online.Really doesn't matter what happened since your original reservation has been restored. Have a great cruise.

Hi guys,

Glad to hear everything worked out for you!! Happy cruising!

That is really strange. Must be some new hacker ring focused on screwing with people's cruise ship cabin assignments. They really know how to get us mad! ;)

:eek:

I wonder if I am the only one who went to check my Celebrity account to make sure my cabin had not been changed upon seeing this thread, or if there were others who did that also. :D

I just wanted to check and guess what? Both of my bookings have disappeared???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='Bently57'][B]I hope this is not all that common an occurrence. [/B]We booked an aft corner sky suite to celebrate our anniversary. We have never cruised in a suite of any kind before, so this is a splurge for us. To be moved to a non-corner suite would be very aggravating to say the least. I am fairly sure that on Princess, once you book a specific cabin it is yours with no changes allowed. So this news is a bit shocking and causing me a bit of a worry. I guess I will contact my travel agent and ask him to be notified if we get moved. I would want some kind of compensation if that happened.[/quote]
It's not common, at least in my experience this will be my 10th cruise, I've never been moved. :)

But now I've probably jinxed myself. I better go check. ;)

[quote name='cruisestitch']there was another thread a while ago, and they were also told that they must have changed it themselves. Anyone else remember it?[/quote]

Did they not finally return and say they were 'playing' with the resveration, and 'might' have fat fingered the key board? I could be confused, most likely.:o

Another newbie here trying to check the cabin number. When I go into "My Celebrity" I see two reservations, one that I cancelled and my actual cruise with the reservation number and departure date. What I don't see is the cabin number. Do I have to go into "Manage Reservations"?

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Sheal

[quote name='Sheal']Another newbie here trying to check the cabin number. When I go into "My Celebrity" I see two reservations, one that I cancelled and my actual cruise with the reservation number and departure date. What I don't see is the cabin number. Do I have to go into "Manage Reservations"?

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Sheal[/QUOTE]

Yes. Go to Reservations. They will keep the cancelled reservation on until that cruise is over. They have a tab to make it easy for you to rebook it. I have one that's been there for almost a year. ignore it,it means nothing.

Found it -- post by CarolynP in this thread, see post 28, from July 2013.

[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1877300&page=2[/url]

It's in a thread by Host Joe where he reported that what happened to him Celebrity changed stateroom without his knowledge. They did not accuse him of making the change, in his case. There have actually been several threads reporting these unexpected changes.

[quote name='Bently57']I hope this is not all that common an occurrence. We booked an aft corner sky suite to celebrate our anniversary. We have never cruised in a suite of any kind before, so this is a splurge for us. To be moved to a non-corner suite would be very aggravating to say the least. I am fairly sure that on Princess, once you book a specific cabin it is yours with no changes allowed. So this news is a bit shocking and causing me a bit of a worry. I guess I will contact my travel agent and ask him to be notified if we get moved. I would want some kind of compensation if that happened.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not true -- the comment about Princess.

[quote name='TaxiDriver']Hi guys,

Basically, the cabin was changed back, but they said I changed it by myself which I know for sure no one did. They are blaming me for some weird, ghost cabin change.[/quote]
Glad you got it sorted but a real mystery as to why/how it was changed in the first place.:confused:

[quote name='billie5']Absolutely not true -- the comment about Princess.[/quote]
Agreed, the cruise contracts are very similar in regards to the passenger signing away all rights to anything and the cruise line being able to do just about anything and not be liable. The alternative is to not cruise.:(

Archived