Do you use a lanyard for your sea pass?

StevenStephen

Well, Anthem of the Seas requires a card of some sort in a slot near the door to keep the room power on, although there's no reason why it could not be attached to the lanyard and any other card (like an old sea pass) works fine.

As for keeping yourself powered on, no card is required.

You mentioned the Anthem... I was told that if you use a lanyard on this ship it cannot be the kind of lanyard in which you need to punch a hole in the sea pass. My friend was told, while onboard, that they will not work if they have a hole. Is this true?

You mentioned the Anthem... I was told that if you use a lanyard on this ship it cannot be the kind of lanyard in which you need to punch a hole in the sea pass. My friend was told, while onboard, that they will not work if they have a hole. Is this true?

Not true, if you are careful. You can punch a hole near the top, over the picture of the North Star and you will not damage the antenna built into the card. It worked for me in January.

Edited by MisterBill99

Not true, if you are careful. You can punch a hole near the top, over the picture of the North Star and you will not damage the antenna built into the card. It worked for me in January.

Thanks. My friend was on a sailing in May and she was told this by someone at the customer service desk. I guess they didn't want to be bothered or misplaced the punch. :rolleyes:

Dorky... Ok, yeah. But I'm woman enough to own it.

I wear a lanyard.

There. I said it.

I "misplace" everything. It's more of a need for me. It is what it is. Call me a dork if you want... But I'm not going to misplace that card or have it fall out of my pocket!!

Boy can I relate!

Lanyards are, for me, totally essential. I have lost so many cards by leaving it behind or just misplacing it. It's always hanging around my neck whether I'm wearing my tuxedo or my bathing suit.

Thanks. My friend was on a sailing in May and she was told this by someone at the customer service desk. I guess they didn't want to be bothered or misplaced the punch. :rolleyes:

They don't have a punch. You need to bring your own. They're convinced that it cannot be done.

Dorky... Ok, yeah. But I'm woman enough to own it.

I wear a lanyard.

There. I said it.

I "misplace" everything. It's more of a need for me. It is what it is. Call me a dork if you want... But I'm not going to misplace that card or have it fall out of my pocket!!

Same here. Also, have wiped the sea pass magnetic strip out enough times by carrying it in the same hand with my iPhone. On our last cruise did it two times on the first night :D

• 2 weeks later...

Someone on a board actually said she didn't think she could ever hang out with anyone she saw wearing a lanyard on the ship. I've yet to be on a cruise ship for the purpose of impressing anyone and I've always judged people by things like their kindness, sense of humor, fun to be with, and I'M UNAPOLOGETIC about wearing a lanyard. I love 'em. :D

The first time I walked up to the cabin door with a glass of lemon aid in one hand and plate of peanut butter cookies in the other hand and the card was in my wallet in my pocket, I decided that a lanyard was for me.

Bob

I suppose they make it more of an accessory not that I like any one of those styles.;)

Those are coach- Now if Louis V, Prada or Gucci- I'm in! But seriously, I really like them and find them very practical. I do not use a handbag on board (except perhaps in the evening) and many of my outfits do not have pockets

Using mine on Sunday. Hooray!

Those are coach- Now if Louis V, Prada or Gucci- I'm in! But seriously, I really like them and find them very practical. I do not use a handbag on board (except perhaps in the evening) and many of my outfits do not have pockets

Using mine on Sunday. Hooray!

I was talking specifically about those displayed in the picture, I use a lanyard but with just the clear pouch and only during the day. In the evenings I have pockets.

Edited by MicCanberra

No one thinks you have to like any of them, probably don't care if you don't like them either.:D

My meaning was that they would be good if trying to match an outfit or be a bit fancier, I think they are a good idea, just not my style in covers.

My meaning was that they would be good if trying to match an outfit or be a bit fancier, I think they are a good idea, just not my style in covers.

Nah, not trying to match an outfit, they just don't SCREAM I'm carrying my sea pass. Tons of different designs and also plain one but if they're not your style, they're not your style.:) I've also used it when going ashore since I can stick in a credit card, a few bucks and I can tuck it inside my shirt so it's not visible.

Edited by iheartbda