Creative use of Classic Drink Package?

CaribbeanBound

Has anyone come up with creative uses for their classic drink package? For example, asked for a small version of a more expensive drink (and got it)?

yes, wife has done it for martini's and was no problem. Just gave them the card that showed classic and they just made a smaller version of it.

It was reported on the boards many months ago that this was the case before the original 1-2-3 promotion came out. Was your wife able to get a smaller version of a 10.00 martini made at the martini bar with the higher end ingredients on a recent cruise? Recent postings mentioned getting cosmos or basic gin or vodka martinis made with classic package alcohol, but I have not read a recent posting about the higher end premium martini's being placed in a smaller glass to accommodate a classic package patron. If I am mistaken, please correct me.

Will they do this for me in the MDR?

The martinis served in the MDR are the standard martinis served at most of the bars on board and not the larger martinis served at the Martini Bar. These will be included in the classic package automatically as long as they are made with the brands of spirits included in the classic package. This includes a lot of nicer call brands such as Tanqueray Gin or Absolute Vodka, but not the top shelf brands that require the Premium package.

The key to using your classic package is to let the bar tender know in advance that you have it and then nicely discuss what is available with it.

The martinis served in the MDR are the standard martinis served at most of the bars on board and not the larger martinis served at the Martini Bar. These will be included in the classic package automatically as long as they are made with the brands of spirits included in the classic package. This includes a lot of nicer call brands such as Tanqueray Gin or Absolute Vodka, but not the top shelf brands that require the Premium package.

The key to using your classic package is to let the bar tender know in advance that you have it and then nicely discuss what is available with it.

Thank you for the reply. I do drink Absolute Vodka Martinis, so it sounds good to me:)

I was at the Bellagio in Vegas. I was playing VP at the bar where the BT and I have become "friends" thru the years. He asked me what I wanted to drink (because I rarely drink the same drink) and I said a vodka martini. He asked if I wanted any special brand and I said something that is good. He said that he would give me what he though was the best. It was the best martini that I have had. I gave him a $5 tip for various reasons and I asked what vodka he used? He told me that it was Tito's, this was about 6 years ago. I have been drinking it ever since. It wasn't widely known at the time but is now readily available. It is about $19 for a fifth here in Mi. My daughter had a vodka tasting party when she turned 40 and almost everyone choose Tito in a blind test and none of them ever heard of it before.

Sometime the most expensive does not necessarily taste or is the best.

I don't know about that

Here is the lemon martini in the MDR - nice size :D:D

[ATTACH]286577[/ATTACH]

Here is a martini at the bar - :rolleyes:

[ATTACH]286579[/ATTACH]

Well that first photo does look like a martini bar size martini. It's been a couple years since I had one at dinner, or had someone at our table order one. I guess things have changed.

Martini Bar refused to make a 'smaller martini' for the classic package price on our last sailing 2 weeks ago.
Could you order a basic vodka or gin martini or cosmo made with classic package ingredients at the Martini bar just like you can get at any other bar?

I am glad to hear that smaller versions of the 10.00 martini would not be made and placed in a smaller glass just to qualify for the classic package. It is a blatant circumvention of the rules that was reported on the boards as happening prior to the introduction of the 1-2-3 Go promotion earlier this year. If someone wishes to enjoy a 10.00 Martini at the martini Bar or a 12.00 concoction at the Molecular Bar, then by all means enjoy them, but if you only have the Classic package, you should then pay the additional 11.50 per day upgrade and not try to buck the system. Others may disagree, but this is my opinion.

Agree 100%. If there are creative dodges that those with the classic package can use to get premium package benefits, then why would anyone want to buy the premium package? And for those that do buy the premium package, shouldn't they then have a right to request a refund on the package price differential when they see the cruise bartenders accommodating classic package holders by permitting those dodges?

Martini Bar refused to make a 'smaller martini' for the classic package price on our last sailing 2 weeks ago.

Same thing for us on the Reflection in July. No smaller martinis only the regular ones.

My husband just ordered rum & cokes there since he loved how cool (temperature-wise) it was there.

Archived