New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

I do think something will be done to cull the number of D+ in the CL, like it or not I think this is coming. What will be the magic number,who knows, but my guess will be 500 or at the 525 level. :):)

Some months ago I posted

CL for S and P, with DL for D+ , D's = 2/3 vouchers

And I got flamed;)

Overcrowding in the CL is a situation of RCi's doing!!!

When they redid the point system they still made it very easy to reach D+ and then for 3 years held Diamonds in December..........This artificially inflating the numbers so more people got to D+ faster......All the while collecting fares and $$$ ...Now someone says "overcrowding" and CC has rumors of booting D+ out of the CL.

Actually In all my cruises I have never seen the CL "overcrowded." Well not for more than a half hour or so.

We had a situation on this past Aug. Serenade Med. cruise where a D+ member came to the DL because of all of the kids that belonged to Suite passengers. Is this a common occurrence on other ships.

We had a situation on this past Aug. Serenade Med. cruise where a D+ member came to the DL because of all of the kids that belonged to Suite passengers. Is this a common occurrence on other ships.

Agree 100% - There are kids [no problem] and feral rats masquerading as kids! [problem];)

I wonder how all this talk about a new level between D+ and P squares with what Adam said in a July '12 blog in response to a question about an additional level......

"Adam, my husband and I have sailed with Royal Caribbean many, many times. We love the new points system because it is points for days sailed. The problem is, it took us a long time to get to the Diamond Plus level. Now the difference between Diamond Plus and the top level are way too large (175 to 700), large enough that we’ve decided to branch out and start trying other cruises, including Celebrity. Maybe a level between the two would encourage people to stay?"

"Hi Judi, our goal with the Pinnacle tier is to recognize a level of loyalty that is simply extraordinary. We are not intending to create the same links or incentives to get from Diamond Plus to Pinnacle as we are hoping to do between the other levels. We hope you will continue to cruise with us based on the great cruise experience we deliver as well as the Diamond Plus benefits you have earned."

Just got off the Freedom. One morning a suite guest came into the CL while I was in there enjoying my coffee. She complained and complained and demanded something be done about the crowding in the CL.....wanting the D+ out! I just kept my head down.

Also on the same cruise I met a Pinnacle member/big time travel agent.....there is going to be an announcement next month about all of this. He has been invited to go on the Grandeur with many others and RCI execs and they are going to reveal it then. That's what he told me. We'll have to see!

Keep your fingers crossed folks!

Just got off the Freedom. One morning a suite guest came into the CL while I was in there enjoying my coffee. She complained and complained and demanded something be done about the crowding in the CL.....wanting the D+ out! I just kept my head down.

So it looks as if the D+'s are to be kicked out of the CL - D+'s being banished to the DL, where the D+'s will be demanding the D's are kicked out.:eek:

Question - where do the D's the go? - Vouchers?;):D

Next step "Celebrity Elites"?

We FINALLY reach diamond on our TA at the end of next month. It would be just my luck that they reduce the benefit when I finally make it. arrgh!!

We are retired now and can cruise more. But, it took a lot of time and loyalty to reach the D level. We would be pretty upset to see a reduction in benefits.

Don't even joke about it!

Like you, we enjoyed CL once on becoming diamond before we were kicked out. Just North of 300 now and I think being kicked out again might mean hello NCL!

Pete

I forgot how many points does one need for Diamond plus

175 points = Diamond Plus Level

Typical, just after I reach Pinnacle, there is more rumours about a new status that I could have enjoyed on the way up. What is wrong with these people, why punish us Pinnacles all the time :D

The new status could be called Test Pinnacles and then shortened to .............err maybe not

rotflmao...my thoughts exactly

Agree 100% - There are kids [no problem] and feral rats masquerading as kids! [problem];)

feral rats!! LOL!! :D

Just off Enchantment, and found it was very crowded in both CL and DL.

No place to sit until 6:00 (dinner bell). Finally a seat in the DL next to a foursome.

When DL waitress asked to see their sea pass cards, one was a brand new diamond

bringing in 3 of his "first time cruiser pals" with him. All taking up four seats and wanting

free drinks.

Yup, the feral rats were exposed!! :eek: :p

Overcrowding in the CL is a situation of RCi's doing!!!

When they redid the point system they still made it very easy to reach D+ and then for 3 years held Diamonds in December..........This artificially inflating the numbers so more people got to D+ faster......All the while collecting fares and $$$ ...Now someone says "overcrowding" and CC has rumors of booting D+ out of the CL.

Actually In all my cruises I have never seen the CL "overcrowded." Well not for more than a half hour or so.

Could you explain what you mean when you say "When they redid the point system they still made it very easy to reach D+?"

Before the change, if I remember the point system correctly, a newbie could take 12 short cruises in a JS and reach D+. That would only be as few as 36 nights at sea if the did the 3 night weekend cruises (and fewer if they did D in D before the change). If one sailed in less expensive cabins, one could still make D+ with, like, 72 or so night at sea on short cruises in inexpensive cabins. Such short cruises were an easy option for those close to port, but even those further from port could stack them B2B2B to gain credits pretty quickly. And before the change, they generally gave double credits to those who got free upgrades to JS/suite.

Also before the change if somebody were just a credit or two away for D+, there was a quick and easy way to snag those credits.

After the change, even in a JS or higher, a newbie must do at least 88 days at sea to reach D+. If they favor less expensive cabins, they are sailing 175 nights to make D+. To me making D+ takes more cruising. I do not consider cruising to be "hard," so I cannot say I consider it hard to reach D+, but I cannot say it is very easy now by comparison.

And, to pick at nits, if I recall correctly the new system was instituted in Jan 2011, so there have only been two years of D in D after the switch (2011 and 2012).

I am in the same speculation guess as many others. ;)

My take:

CL will become "Gold card" lounges (GS and above suites/Pinnacles)

DL will become "Diamond Plus" lounge.

Diamonds will maintain their "Diamond event" cocktail time. Many of

those were set up in the beautiful Viking crown lounge.

There are still ships that have not remodeled to include a dedicated

keyed entry DL. Those ships still have the wine/house bubbly

and trail mix cocktail hours in the Viking Lounge. We always had fun during those

events and met some really wonderful new friends!

Does anyone honestly think they will make any changes to this program since they just made changes to the smoking program?

Please understand, I'm not discussing smoking/non-smoking, just referring to program changes - meaning not two controversial ones in a short time span.

Also on the same cruise I met a Pinnacle member/big time travel agent.....there is going to be an announcement next month about all of this. He has been invited to go on the Grandeur with many others and RCI execs and they are going to reveal it then. That's what he told me. We'll have to see!

Keep your fingers crossed folks!

I was Diamond when they kicked us out of the CL....

I was disappointed but I understood the reason.

We cruise 2 to 4 times a year and enjoy the CL. At 315 pts now...Honestly if they kicked D+ out of the CL. I would stop cruising with RCI. RCI should bare some responsibility for so many D+ people....Diamonds in December was a fund raiser for sure and it helped create a glut of D+. Seriously...this would not be punitive...I am just tired of the game and really could use the extra money not spent on RCI each year!

I was Diamond when they kicked us out of the CL....

I was disappointed but I understood the reason.

We cruise 2 to 4 times a year and enjoy the CL. At 315 pts now...Honestly if they kicked D+ out of the CL. I would stop cruising with RCI. RCI should bare some responsibility for so many D+ people....Diamonds in December was a fund raiser for sure and it helped create a glut of D+. Seriously...this would not be punitive...I am just tired of the game and really could use the extra money not spent on RCI each year!

Just curious....would you save that extra money by simply staying home? If you cruise 2-4 times a year, presumably you love or once loved cruising. Are you burning out on cruising and losing the Cl would be the last straw? If you still want to cruise but change to a different line, you'd still spend the money and I cannot think of a mass market line with something like the DL or CL. Celebrity has a short cocktail event, but not a dedicated lounge. For those that really enjoy the CL, do people know of others lines that offer something that really competes with the CL (or even the DL)?

I just don't understand why some D+ are getting their undies in such a twist because they may have to use the "other" lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities and there are some Diamond Lounges that are larger and have a better view.

There is quite a difference between the CL and the DL on the Oasis Class....and by the looks of things there will be quite a difference on Quantum Class too.

As a DPlus member I won't be too happy if I cannot use the CL on Quantum if they change the rules/levels. :eek:

Tell me when they changed the 175 point level for D+. As far as I know 175 has always been the number.

I think it was in January 2011 when they changed from cruise credits to cruise points. Under the old system you became D+ with 24 cruises or cruise credits. It didn't matter if it was 3 nights or longer. Double cruise credits were given if you were in a JS or higher. An additional credit was also given for longer cruises- 11 nights or longer??? Not sure of exact amt. At the cruise credits to cruise points conversion there were bonus points issued depending on the amount of cruise credits. Most people came out a little ahead but a few, with longer cruises in their history, lost a few nights. I became Diamond the cruise before Diamonds were kicked out of the CL. So I had to wait until I became D+ to enjoy the benefits. Diamond Clubs are being added are very nice, in some cases have a better view. I'm grateful for the CL, DL or Diamond event.

I just don't understand why some D+ are getting their undies in such a twist because they may have to use the "other" lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities and there are some Diamond Lounges that are larger and have a better view.

I agree we had a wonderful view on the AOS and the Serenade by the Viking Crown lounge. The worst is Oasis D lounge with no windows,

Archived