New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

There is quite a difference between the CL and the DL on the Oasis Class....and by the looks of things there will be quite a difference on Quantum Class too.

As a DPlus member I won't be too happy if I cannot use the CL on Quantum if they change the rules/levels. :eek:

THANK YOU!!!!

Same goes for Oasis class!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

There is quite a difference between the CL and the DL on the Oasis Class....and by the looks of things there will be quite a difference on Quantum Class too.

As a DPlus member I won't be too happy if I cannot use the CL on Quantum if they change the rules/levels. :eek:

Hi Liz...I agree with this on the Oasis Class ships. I like to have breakfast and lunch on these ships for the convenience of having the option to avoid the WJ on these ships due to the large crowds and small venue.:D

I do like the Diamond Lounge better in the evening though.;):)

I just don't understand why some D+ are getting their undies in such a twist because they may have to use the "other" lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities and there are some Diamond Lounges that are larger and have a better view.

Not me! My panties are firmly in place!! :p :p

We love the DL on the Freedom, and never use the CL. The CL on

that class of ship has no view, and it feels more like an airport lounge! :eek:

The new DL location on the Radiance class of ships is also much nicer!

The DL was full of D+ cruisers the last time we were there, and even

over flowed into the card room. We all had a great time!! :D

Just curious....would you save that extra money by simply staying home? If you cruise 2-4 times a year, presumably you love or once loved cruising. Are you burning out on cruising and losing the Cl would be the last straw? If you still want to cruise but change to a different line, you'd still spend the money and I cannot think of a mass market line with something like the DL or CL. Celebrity has a short cocktail event, but not a dedicated lounge. For those that really enjoy the CL, do people know of others lines that offer something that really competes with the CL (or even the DL)?

Well I do not know of any other lines loyalty system...I presume RCI is the best. Honestly we are addicted to cruising! We have a beautiful lake front pool home..We have traveled other places too, but always now choose to take cruise vacations. Any birthday, holiday or anniversary is a reason to cruise. RCI makes it easy and has rewarded us with C&A perks. IT's all good....

Now if the rumors are true and D+ can not use the CL any longer, Oasis class travel will not be the same for us. It will be a good reason to stay home and use the 12-14K a year spent on cruising on other things....like saving for retirement.....Just my case...Flame me if you want.

Call me when you guys reach Rhenium. Then we'll talk.

I'm still not sure how this is going to be something that matters. I've heard in the smoking threads that no one on the planet is going to sail on RCI after Jan 1st anyways, so no one will ever reach this new level.

Not me! My panties are firmly in place!! :p :p

We love the DL on the Freedom, and never use the CL. The CL on

that class of ship has no view, and it feels more like an airport lounge! :eek:

The new DL location on the Radiance class of ships is also much nicer!

The DL was full of D+ cruisers the last time we were there, and even

over flowed into the card room. We all had a great time!! :D

Agree my friend. Interesting how a tidbit from HQ can get people's feeling out ;)

I have enjoyed the CL and DL on Enchantment since she moved to PC. The DL is actually more comfortable due to the heat from the CL windows being unbearable at times. The CL on Freedom class is as you described and the redeeming quality was those we met there. :)

Well, for those that cruise only on Oasis class then I can understand that they would be upset.

If/when D+ are "uninvited" to visit the CL - what will be the resulting differences between D and D+? Couple of $ balcony discount and a $5 bottle of welcome aboard wine?

We tend to frequent the DL because the friends we cruise with are still a little short of +, so I personally won't miss the CL too much. Does make me wonder about the real advantages of the + level will be if these changes come to pass though.

Instead of creating yet another C&A level (why emerald anyway?) I'd rather see them square away the levels they have.

Well I do not know of any other lines loyalty system...I presume RCI is the best. Honestly we are addicted to cruising! We have a beautiful lake front pool home..We have traveled other places too, but always now choose to take cruise vacations. Any birthday, holiday or anniversary is a reason to cruise. RCI makes it easy and has rewarded us with C&A perks. IT's all good....

Now if the rumors are true and D+ can not use the CL any longer, Oasis class travel will not be the same for us. It will be a good reason to stay home and use the 12-14K a year spent on cruising on other things....like saving for retirement.....Just my case...Flame me if you want.

Oh, I am not flaming you. Sorry if it seemed that way. Far from a flame, your prior post just piqued my curiosity. I can certainly understand how staying at your lovely home would save you load of money vs cruising. If you had a different, fabulous plan to replace the CL experience, I'd have really wanted to be shown the way:D. Anyway, thank you for indulging my curiosity.

I just made D+, and I, too, hope I get to keep CL (at least for privileges for a while). Since it will still be a while before all the major ships have DL's, I think (well, hope) the D+'s will have access to the CL for a couple more years and preferably indefinitely. If they do establish a new level, you might well be one of the new "P-" maybe with continued access (just a guess). I'd no doubt have a way to go before I'd reach P-, but I expect I'd get there too, assuming my health allows.

Oh, I am not flaming you. Sorry if it seemed that way. Far from a flame, your prior post just piqued my curiosity. I can certainly understand how staying at your lovely home would save you load of money vs cruising. If you had a different, fabulous plan to replace the CL experience, I'd have really wanted to be shown the way:D. Anyway, thank you for indulging my curiosity.

I just made D+, and I, too, hope I get to keep CL (at least for privileges for a while). Since it will still be a while before all the major ships have DL's, I think (well, hope) the D+'s will have access to the CL for a couple more years and preferably indefinitely. If they do establish a new level, you might well be one of the new "P-" maybe with continued access (just a guess). I'd no doubt have a way to go before I'd reach P-, but I expect I'd get there too, assuming my health allows.

Thanks for the kind words...

Have you been on Oasis or Allure as D+ yet???? FANTABLOUS!!!!!!! The CL is a venue all in its own...There may 5 k plus guests on that Beautiful big ship...but the CL for lunch and breakfast is serene and blissful!!!

RCI got it right with that one!

Thanks for the kind words...

Have you been on Oasis or Allure as D+ yet???? FANTABLOUS!!!!!!! The CL is a venue all in its own...There may 5 k plus guests on that Beautiful big ship...but the CL for lunch and breakfast is serene and blissful!!!

RCI got it right with that one!

Thanks for asking. We were in a suite on Oasis last year, so we got to experience the CL. We did enjoy it and ate lunch there a couple times. And many stops for coffee. We were in the CL for cocktails about half the time. The other nights we went to Blaze with the D's; we particularly liked the bartenders and the fellow guests there. Of course, we did miss the view those night.

We will soon be on Allure for a B2B, so that will be our first opportunity to use the CL as D+ guests. I am looking forward to it and hope for many happy returns. I wish you the same.

I just don't understand why some D+ are getting their undies in such a twist because they may have to use the "other" lounge. Both lounges offer the same amenities and there are some Diamond Lounges that are larger and have a better view.

I agree except for the CL on Oasis/Allure...looking forward to seeing this one before they make any changes ;)

Just after making D level the D's were uninvited to the CL I believe...I guess my timing is always off :(

I was speaking to a rep from Corporate Relationship and was told that there' s going to be a new level between D+ & Pinnacle. Rep. did not know at what # of nites this new level would be established. I guess it's like when they added Emerald.
My guess is around 350 as it is half way to Pinnacle. But it's just a guess -- don't have any inside info.

We appreciate all the benefits we already receive, and adjust when the program is changed, since we understand that it's business and RCL has to watch the bottom line.

RCL already has some added benefits at 350 and 525 (Bonus gift, etc.). Some benefits apply at 340, another every 70 starting at 140 (commemorative gift).

Not much would need to be changed or added to make another category title at 350. Double the 175 for D+. Double that to reach Pinnacle.

However, I'm not sure how meaningful another level would be unless extra benefits were added.

Perhaps extra benefits that are "revenue/cost neutral" for RCL?

Of course, I can wish for benefits like: A free excursion, free specialty dining!:)

Sherri....I was thinking the same thing. Even thought of a new name.....Diamond Plus Elite. Ha!

Actually, Diamond Elite at 325 or so. And then how about Diamond Elite Plus at say 525. That would give people incentives with reachable goals.

Sounds good to me.

Almost ready for Oasis tomorrow. Fun with no air. And a 45 minute drive, same for us as driving to Beautiful-Downtown-Bayonne for the Explorer.

We appreciate all the benefits we already receive, and adjust when the program is changed, since we understand that it's business and RCL has to watch the bottom line.

RCL already has some added benefits at 350 and 525 (Bonus gift, etc.). Some benefits apply at 340, another every 70 starting at 140 (commemorative gift).

Not much would need to be changed or added to make another category title at 350. Double the 175 for D+. Double that to reach Pinnacle.

However, I'm not sure how meaningful another level would be unless extra benefits were added.

Perhaps extra benefits that are "revenue/cost neutral" for RCL?

Of course, I can wish for benefits like: A free excursion, free specialty dining!:)

Actually, Diamond Elite at 325 or so. And then how about Diamond Elite Plus at say 525. That would give people incentives with reachable goals.

Sounds good to me.

Almost ready for Oasis tomorrow. Fun with no air. And a 45 minute drive, same for us as driving to Beautiful-Downtown-Bayonne for the Explorer.

I agree. There are already unnamed D+ levels at 350 and 525 cruise points where you receive an additional amenity. Just give them a name and maybe a little something additional. That would make me happy....oh yes, and CL access for the top level if not all 3 D+ levels;)

Big Booper, I hape you have an awesome cruise. I'll be there in 2 weeks:D

Sherri....I was thinking the same thing. Even thought of a new name.....Diamond Plus Elite. Ha!

The fact that there are two increases in benefits at 340/350 (340- meal with an officer & 150% single supplement and 350-second amenity with more choices) makes this a logical place. And the Elite is good addition to the name as that brings to mind Celebrity's top tier to which we belong at the D level.

feral rats!! LOL!! :D

Just off Enchantment, and found it was very crowded in both CL and DL.

No place to sit until 6:00 (dinner bell). Finally a seat in the DL next to a foursome.

When DL waitress asked to see their sea pass cards, one was a brand new diamond

bringing in 3 of his "first time cruiser pals" with him. All taking up four seats and wanting

free drinks.

Yup, the feral rats were exposed!! :eek: :p

Were they allowed to stay?

feral rats!! LOL!! :D

Just off Enchantment, and found it was very crowded in both CL and DL.

No place to sit until 6:00 (dinner bell). Finally a seat in the DL next to a foursome.

When DL waitress asked to see their sea pass cards, one was a brand new diamond

bringing in 3 of his "first time cruiser pals" with him. All taking up four seats and wanting

free drinks.

Yup, the feral rats were exposed!! :eek: :p

Recently off the ROS Alaska and one of the nice things was having those sliding doors open into Starquest from the DL it gave plenty of seating and the concierge just put up that private function sign just past a certain point...Nothing worse than not being able to find a seat and this has happened to us so many times.

This worked out great except for the couple that had their non C&A guests sneak in from the Starquest side..but they were caught.

This is always a very uncomfortable position to put other's in, including their guests...Why do some continue to do this even though they know better :confused:

No flame from me-I will be very disappointed and it may well affect my loyalty to RCCL-we just made Diamond +

Archived