New Level between D+ & Pinnacle

nelblu

Recently off the ROS Alaska and one of the nice things was having those sliding doors open into Starquest from the DL it gave plenty of seating and the concierge just put up that private function sign just past a certain point...Nothing worse than not being able to find a seat and this has happened to us so many times.

This worked out great except for the couple that had their non C&A guests sneak in from the Starquest side..but they were caught.

This is always a very uncomfortable position to put other's in, including their guests...Why do some continue to do this even though they know better :confused:

The sliding glass doors must have been a new addition as they weren't there in May of 2012.

The sliding glass doors must have been a new addition as they weren't there in May of 2012.

Their not glass but wooden sliding doors that at first glance look like a solid wall..a very nice feature to expand the DL area.

I do think something will be done to cull the number of D+ in the CL, like it or not I think this is coming. What will be the magic number,who knows, but my guess will be 500 or at the 525 level. :):)

"to cull the number"?-sounds like tossing out a rotten apple from a fruit bowl

My annoyance, whenever this type of subject comes up, is that I picture what corporate offices must be like at a big operation like RCL. Don't they have a room full of brainiac analysts sitting at computers, going over projections like - "if we do Diamonds in December this year, how many new D+s will we add"? "If we set D+ at 175, how crowded will the CLs be"?

Why should cruisers who have remained loyal for years to reach a certain level have to bite the bullet and be disappointed when they don't get their long-promised benes? I think it should always be up to RC to make good, even when there are big problems because of poor projections.

The brainiac analysts that didn't guess so well? - they could be moved over to customer service. Oh wait, that might be what they are already doing!

I was speaking to a rep from Corporate Relationship and was told that there' s going to be a new level between D+ & Pinnacle. Rep. did not know at what # of nites this new level would be established. I guess it's like when they added Emerald.
From this simple post why has this thread went so far off topic with speculation about RCI throwing out folks of the CL? Whatever RCI does I will accept it and still enjoy this wonderful cruise line and C & A program.

When they gave PC gold cards the gold cards were already being used by suite guests. Don't see the difference.

The difference is that PC members get the same benefits as Suite guests, so they have the same gold Seapass. JSs have silver. If a new Level also had silver it would be very confusing because they wouldn't get the same benefits.

When they gave PC gold cards the gold cards were already being used by suite guests. Don't see the difference.

When Pinnacle Club was first established on January 21, 2011, PC Members did not receive Gold Cards. Gold cards were issued after November 11, 2011 thanks to Betsy O'Rourke. Now PC Members are entitled to the same Gold Card Benefits as Suite Guests.

When booking a Junior Suite, you are also entitled to enhancements which includes a Silver SeaPass Card...

Junior Suite Enhancements

• Tea and coffee service ensuite

• Terry bathrobes (for use onboard)

• Bathroom amenities

Silver SeaPass® card for "recognition"

Agree my friend. Interesting how a tidbit from HQ can get people's feeling out ;)

I have enjoyed the CL and DL on Enchantment since she moved to PC. The DL is actually more comfortable due to the heat from the CL windows being unbearable at times. The CL on Freedom class is as you described and the redeeming quality was those we met there. :)

Hello Scotty!!

Yes, our first time on Enchantment the sun coming into the CL was indeed very

warm. They have since put permanent shades of the tops of the windows. Can

still see through and have the light, but helps with the heat pouring in.

But this last time we spent all of our time in the DL. They are both nice lounges.

Hope to sail with you soon! :)

Were they allowed to stay?

They were reminded of the rules by both the concierge and the waitress.

The lone Diamond told her he bought the other members in the group

their drinks at the Viking lounge bar. Not sure if that was the truth or not,

but they did all have drinks in thier hands. Perhaps she did not ask them

for the cards right away or they walked in with the drinks. Not sure, as

they were there already when we arrived.

They were allowed to finish their drinks and then left. The newbies

looked very sheepish about the situation. We never saw the foursome again.

Later on there was also another group of women who walked in behind a couple.

They took advantage of the still open door to slide in.

None of them were Diamonds. They were asked to leave immediately when

the waitress checked their sea pass card.

Must be true...

Found this rough draft of a letter while rummaging through the trash outside a house in Miami where a bunch of smokers were protesting.

Deer Diamund Plus Member,

Affective Febuary 29, 2014 axcess two the conseaire lounge will be limited two sweet cruisers, pinochle, and our newest level, testi...

A.G.

They were reminded of the rules by both the concierge and the waitress.

The lone Diamond told her he bought the other members in the group

their drinks at the Viking lounge bar. Not sure if that was the truth or not,

but they did all have drinks in thier hands. Perhaps she did not ask them

for the cards right away or they walked in with the drinks. Not sure, as

they were there already when we arrived.

They were allowed to finish their drinks and then left. The newbies

looked very sheepish about the situation. We never saw the foursome again.

Later on there was also another group of women who walked in behind a couple.

They took advantage of the still open door to slide in.

None of them were Diamonds. They were asked to leave immediately when

the waitress checked their sea pass card.

Were they then thrown overboard?:D

I was speaking to a rep from Corporate Relationship and was told that there' s going to be a new level between D+ & Pinnacle. Rep. did not know at what # of nites this new level would be established. I guess it's like when they added Emerald.

I have no idea what this new level will be, but I do know that Pinnacle Club is not a level it is a recognition! FYI

Rev

Archived