What's something I should bring that I may not think about?

Seas_Please

Adaptor for when you are off the ship and in the hotel, bubble wrap for those things you want to bring home like wine, capers, olive oil, and hair conditioner since European hotels don't seem to have it - only shampoo. I would also bring Bonine for seasickness if you are prone to it or there is unexpected rough seas.

Probably more of a packing tip than a "what am I forgetting" tip, but we have a bag that we save all of the dry cleaning bags in when they return (the plastic ones that cover hanging shirts, etc.). These are designed to resist wrinkling and when it's time to shove everything into our 2 bags (yes, we subscribe to the less is more camp) wrapping each shirt/slacks before folding (or rolling) really works. Also, I'd never leave without my nifty all in one world power adapter that cost about $15 and is super small, as well as a 3 outlet power strip. Oh, and tide sticks are awesome. Our belief is like others, you can probably find anything you need on a cruise, and on Oceania, the laundry services are quite fair and they do a great job. Next cruise I'll probably bring a bunch of shirts shoved into a bag that need dry cleaning and just immediately send them out. Doesn't get much easier than that! :)

I like your plan and style! We need to keep our baggage for a 2 month trip which includes an 18 cruise on the skimpy side which is going to be a challenge.

Didn't know that dry cleaning plastic had that feature but it sure makes sense. Thanks for the tip! We usually pack our clothes in ziplocks because we travel tropical and have seen bags sitting on the tarmac during a deluge......yikes! Like the "wrinkle resistant" feature.

And, please tell us where you obtained the nifty power adapter.........awesome!

Many thanks!

And, please tell us where you obtained the nifty power adapter.........awesome!

Many thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Swiss-World-Travel-Mains-Adapter/dp/B000X1CFBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379256562&sr=8-1&keywords=swiss+travel+adapter

We actually own two, and have used them in South America, Europe and the UK (all different outlet types). Just keep in mind this is only an adapter, not a converter so if your device doesn't auto switch to 110v from 220v you may be in for a puff of smoke and a dead device (see my electric razor in Argentina). :rolleyes: Most things without a motor do auto switch, but just make sure and if you hear your device "going to fast" or getting really hot UNPLUG IT IMMEDIATELY!

Oh and don't forget to make a photo copy of the contents of your wallet!

Basically, trim your wallet down to just what you need (e.g. health insurance card, driver license, a few credit cards, etc.). Things like membership cards, etc. leave at home. Then place all of them face down on a scanner or photocopier (and your passport ID page if you can fit it) and make a few copies. Then flip the cards over (in the same spot) and make another few copies (you can remove the passport for this). Leave one copy at home, one copy in your carry on (which goes into the safe at the hotel/ship) and put one copy in the cloud (like google's drive or dropbox). That way, you can access your info anywhere if you need to cancel a card, etc. Trust me, I lost my ATM card on the way back from Copenhagen just a few days ago. Cancelled it during a layover and ordered a new one. :)

... but we have a bag that we save all of the dry cleaning bags in when they return (the plastic ones that cover hanging shirts, etc.). These are designed to resist wrinkling and when it's time to shove everything into our 2 bags (yes, we subscribe to the less is more camp) wrapping each shirt/slacks before folding (or rolling) really works.

I do the same thing with my rolling garment bag. I use four or five plastic dry cleaning bags and intersperse them throughout. I haven't tried it in a suitcase, but I will now! Watch out for biodegradable drycleaning bags, however--I had one literally fall apart in shards not long ago.

As for things to bring. Hmm. Something to tie your hair back or otherwise restrain it if you're going on windy excursions.

Especially for pre- or post-cruise stays, look for plug adapters that have two outlets at least. Or buy a compact travel power strip.

Not only cross pack clothes for each of you in your carryon but enough clothes for a few days if luggage is lost. Also extra undies in carryon if traveling business class and able to shower in lounges in connecting airports. That was refreshing traveling from Los Angeles to Chicago to Istsnbul on to Nairobi. Showers and a change of clothes in the business class lounges were well received. Purchasing packing envelopes are great so you pull out only what you need. Check your favorite travel stores.

Don't forget a basic medical kit--bandaids, ointment, etc. We take a lot of medicines, especially pills, so use those tiny ziplock jeweler bags to organize each day's pills. Once taken, you have no bulky pill containers to carry home as you discard the ziplocks after use. Bring extra Rx's in case you take prescription meds. And always keep prescription meds in your carry-on.

I carry one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-3-Outlet-Travel-Charger-Protector/dp/B0015DYMVO

It increases the number of items (cameras!) you can charge at once.

I also will bring hair rinse or perhaps even some kind of treatment. Last long trip I noticed that my hair and nearly everyone else's was looking a bit strange! Had to buy something in Chile with instructions in Spanish - translation necessary to find out if it was leave in or wash out! Familiar brand though.

They do have some conditioner in the shower but it wasn't good enough for my hair, with all the sun and wind.

We take a lot of medicines, especially pills, so use those tiny ziplock jeweler bags to organize each day's pills. Once taken, you have no bulky pill containers to carry home as you discard the ziplocks after use. Bring extra Rx's in case you take prescription meds.

Great idea. Where did you get the small ziplocs?

Archived