Beware of shareholder credit!

sugarking

I purchased a cabin last week. It was after final payment. I submitted my shareholder credit form. I was informed that I would need to pay an additional $40 get the $100 OBC because I was changing the reservation. I am livid!

PS the price of the cabin went down $300.

Did they explain why they needed to charge you $40 more? It sounds like you might have already had a promotional offer in place when you sent in your form. The shareholder offer is not combinable with any other offers. So they probably needed to remove the other offer to add the shareholder offer and that raised the price. According to their website, the shareholder offer can be added to a cabin up to 15 days prior to sailing, so the fact that it was past final payment does not seem to be the reason.

Did they explain why they needed to charge you $40 more? It sounds like you might have already had a promotional offer in place when you sent in your form. The shareholder offer is not combinable with any other offers. So they probably needed to remove the other offer to add the shareholder offer and that raised the price. According to their website, the shareholder offer can be added to a cabin up to 15 days prior to sailing, so the fact that it was past final payment does not seem to be the reason.

Sounds like this could be the case. Who are you dealing with, OP? I would call again and speak to someone else.

Same would have happened on any cruise line after final payment. Why do you keep coming on this board if you hate NCL so much. Does not make sense to me

NCL does some things very right and some things very wrong. Unlike many cheerleaders on these boards I am not afraid to point out the things I think they do wrong.

You might even say I am a cruise critic.

NCL does some things very right and some things very wrong. Unlike many cheerleaders on these boards I am not afraid to point out the things I think they do wrong.

Pointing out a specific issue you have with them is quite different than giving them a generalized label like nickel and dime cruise line when most cruise lines operate much the same way.

I laugh every time people complain about the nickel and dime. They do realize that other than the DSC you do not have to pay extra unless you want to. Do other cruise lines charge for soda - yes. Do other cruise lines that have specialty restaurants charge for that? Yes There are many free places to eat and many free shows. On the Breakaway, you are getting broadway type shows for free. The ropes course and the slides are free and are bigger and better than any other cruise line. Do you have to eat sushi? no but if you do you pay for it. But if you go to the buffet you can get some sushi. Do you want a steak, you can get a free one in the main dining room certain nights.

Also, NCL has better rates most of the time than a lot of other lines, so a bit better value.

People will complain about everything.

The ala carte aspect of NCL appeals to me. So they can nickle and dime all they want. I am a big girl and can decide what I want and more importantly, what I want to pay for.

So, I agree with LMB in a roundabout way. From me though it is a compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

One little catch , That's all you do . All negative all the time ..

cred. = -10 ;)

That may be the only benefit of being a Carnival shareholder these days!

ROTFL!! Guess you don't follow this stock. :rolleyes:

I bought 100 shares in Nov, 2008 and it's price is now up $15.68/share over what it was then. Between the rise in share price, the quarterly dividends, the bonus dividends and the OBC I've gotten for each Carnival Corp cruise, I've gotten back all my initial investment PLUS an additional $750!! And I now own 110 shares (extra shares purchased with dividend money). I hold this in an IRA so there's no capital gains tax either.

This has been a great investment with far more benefits than just having a combinable OBC. :D

Just sort of an FYI.

The shareholder benefit for the Carnival family of cruise lines IS combine-able with most other OBC's.

And---it doesn't matter that you apply for it after final payment. Just so they get the request before you cruise. We got 200 euros (about $260) in shareholder's OBC for a transatlantic plus $200 in other OBC. When you cruise several times a year it really adds up. NCL and RCCL shareholder benefits are non-existent if you've gotten any other kind of perk. We cruise a number of different lines and it doesn't stop us from booking with NCL or RCCL--we just don't see any benefit from owning their stock. We'll be on the Epic TA next month!

And---it doesn't matter that you apply for it after final payment. Just so they get the request before you cruise. We got 200 euros (about $260) in shareholder's OBC for a transatlantic plus $200 in other OBC. When you cruise several times a year it really adds up. NCL and RCCL shareholder benefits are non-existent if you've gotten any other kind of perk. We cruise a number of different lines and it doesn't stop us from booking with NCL or RCCL--we just don't see any benefit from owning their stock.

...and are you reporting this "income" on your taxes? :D

ROTFL!! Guess you don't follow this stock. :rolleyes:

I bought 100 shares in Nov, 2008 and it's price is now up $15.68/share over what it was then. Between the rise in share price, the quarterly dividends, the bonus dividends and the OBC I've gotten for each Carnival Corp cruise, I've gotten back all my initial investment PLUS an additional $750!! And I now own 110 shares (extra shares purchased with dividend money). I hold this in an IRA so there's no capital gains tax either.

This has been a great investment with far more benefits than just having a combinable OBC. :D

Congrats on your CCL investment success. Hope mine will prove to be as well.

By the way, your planned B2B2B2B is impressive. :D

Archived