Open Booking/Future Cruise Booking

dcward89

We are just off the Brilliance 2 days ago, unbelievably fantastic cruise. We completed a request for 2 of the open booking certificates (or whatever they are called) and dropped them in the box designated for such. We did not receive confirmation prior to leaving the ship and our credit card hasn't been charged yet. How does this process usually work and what is a typical time frame? I'm just curious and don't want to call RCI because I don't usually have alot of luck with the customer service folks on the phone. Normally do they send an email confirmation or something via snail mail?

In this instance I would call RCI to check as in our past experience we have always had confirmation of the coupons and walked of the ship with receipts indicating same. We either had them issued at the time of the request if the LA was not busy, or picked them up subsequently, or they were delivered prior to disembarkation.

Maybe others have had different experiences.

We are just off the Brilliance 2 days ago, unbelievably fantastic cruise. We completed a request for 2 of the open booking certificates (or whatever they are called) and dropped them in the box designated for such. We did not receive confirmation prior to leaving the ship and our credit card hasn't been charged yet. How does this process usually work and what is a typical time frame? I'm just curious and don't want to call RCI because I don't usually have alot of luck with the customer service folks on the phone. Normally do they send an email confirmation or something via snail mail?

Call Crown & Anchor at 800-526-9723. Explain what happened and they should be able to either find your bookings, or issue you new ones.

Whenever we have done this we have received confirmation prior to leaving the ship. You have four previous RCCL cruises so I am assuming that you are C&A Gold or Platinum Members. I agree with the other answers...call C&A and explain.

It took almost a month for ours to show up! We called C&A and they were willing to recreate them post cruise - a one time exception. But they ended up showing up eventually. We did the same thing...deposited them in the box.

Our cruise ended 8/11 and the charge just hit our credit card.

Just purchased NCC's aka. Open Bookings during our May Alaska ROS...the confirmation e-mail was sent the day I returned home...however we had filled out 2 forms for a total of 4 NCC's only received two via e-mail...Called RCI and they gave me my two additional booking #'s while I was on the phone and also e-mailed them before I hung up. There seems to be some confusion with the system of the drop box (e-mail conf. only) and RCI is more than willing to correct any problem you have with them.

Remember they don't expire and you can transfer them to any one regardless if you will be sailing with them or not...I actually like this as opposed to the Family & Friends.

Archived