This One is for Chocolate Loving Ruth

solocanadian

Philadelphia Snack Delights in 5 flavors: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, cinnamon, caramel.

philadelphia-snack-delights.png

Recipes:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/philadelphia/snack-delights/milk-chocolate.aspx

You are wicked!!! :D

I saw those containers today in Stop and Shop but barely gave them a glance. Didn't look like anything in which I'd be interested. BUT, NOW I know what it is and that store is calling me back. Likely I'll be there tomorrow. :o

Coincidentally I was eating peanut butter with white chocolate on a piece of double fiber whole wheat bread when I happened to read this thread. The peanut butter with white or dark chocolate is available from Peanut Butter and Company in Greenwich Village, either on line here http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/peanut-butter-1.html or in various markets. :D. The dark chocolate comes in regular or extra large -- just for Ruth. ;)

Well Ruth, if you need any rationale, then when I was going to my doctor every month last summer while losing 70 lbs (not that I am looking for it :rolleyes:) she MADE me eat dark chocolate as long as it was above 70% content.

Back then I was not a chocolate eater. I was a baker and pastry chef to get myself through school and got sick of people always wanting chocolate so I never made it at home. Now I HAVE to have my dark chocolate every day and I blame it on my doctor...she did it....

Oh I can't believe I will be on a cruise it 3 months feeling the way I do about chocolate....there is no going back and the Genie is out of the bottle...this is going to be hard to keep within my daily ratio.

I made Black Forest Cake with chocolate mousse filling for a friend's birthday on Saturday....and I ATE a piece....unheard of before last summer.....

I was back at Stop and Shop this morning and got the dark chocolate cream cheese.

I took a small spoonful and had to toss it. It's way too rich for me. I can't eat such rich, heavy sweets anymore. :( I used to love it.

Oh well, at least I satisfied my curiosity.

Well Ruth, if you need any rationale, then when I was going to my doctor every month last summer while losing 70 lbs (not that I am looking for it :rolleyes:) she MADE me eat dark chocolate as long as it was above 70% content.

I'll tell my cardiologist that your doctor made me do it.

Sure, that'll fly. :rolleyes:

I was back at Stop and Shop this morning and got the dark chocolate cream cheese.

I took a small spoonful and had to toss it. It's way too rich for me. I can't eat such rich, heavy sweets anymore. :( I used to love it.

Oh well, at least I satisfied my curiosity.

You threw away chocolate ??????????? That amounts to blasphemy to some people here *LOL*

I know what you mean though. It is very rich and a little taste was all I could handle too.

Believe it or not, Sail, I know what you mean, too. My husband used to make a chocolate cheesecake (called Midnight Madness Pie) that was so rich that I could manage only a small slice at a time. I can imagine that this would be similar, as the cheese base is in common.

Ruth, last cruise on the Westerdam I found the Jacques Torres chocolate shop. Oh my. The absolute best thing was a cocktail called Love of Rum and Chocolate. Now, I am not a drinker by any means but I fell in love with these things. They start with lacing the glass with Godiva chocolate liquor. They then add about a shot and a half of it,

add some Bailey's and some special chocolate rum and then blend away. OMG.

Tastes like a chocolate milk shake until you try to stand up. If you haven't tried one next time you are on the Westerdam you should. I don't think any other Vista has the shop.

Believe it or not, Sail, I know what you mean, too. My husband used to make a chocolate cheesecake (called Midnight Madness Pie) that was so rich that I could manage only a small slice at a time. I can imagine that this would be similar, as the cheese base is in common.

You threw away chocolate ??????????? That amounts to blasphemy to some people here *LOL*

I know what you mean though. It is very rich and a little taste was all I could handle too.

I really wanted to like it but I've been away from such rich sweets for so long now, it just didn't agree with me. Sadly.........

Archived