Alcohol Confiscated - Caught !!

cruisesusie

Wondering.. Elites & Suites get 8 mini bottles of liquor. Lets say you only consume 4. Would be be legal to bring the remaining 4 on your next cruise being that they were a gift to you by Princess?? :confused::confused:

That is perfectly legal.

[Edit] I'm retracting my answer... I'm going to say I Don't Know: the contract states "Wine and champagne which are a gift from the cruiseline are not subject..."

Edited by sminfiddle
etaoin shrdlu

So, you try to sneak liquor on board, you get caught, now you are miserable and upset your whole vacation, you wrongly withhold the auto tip to "teach Princess a lesson" when all you do is punish the people who are trying to make your vacation as pleasant as possible.

All you had to do was follow the rules, you spent how many thousands for this vacation. Just order liquor for your room from Princess, what is it going to be. an extra $100 or $150 for piece if mind and an enjoyable vacation.

"The monkey never learns"

I guess I dont see why Princess would have to offer up any alternatives, such as storing it and returning it, since that's a hassle being forced upon them by people violating the rules. Id say that destroying it also is a far more effective deterrent than saying "you cant bring it on, but if you do, no biggie, youll get it back at the end of the trip."

Now THAT makes sense! :)

No, not really. Princess allows unlimited 750ml bottles of wine and Champagne. The first bottle per adult is free to bring on board, and free to be consumed in your cabin. All additional bottles are subject to a $15 per bottle corkage fee at the time of boarding, and once that is paid, the bottles can be consumed anywhere on the ship at no additional cost. The "free bottles" will be subject to the $15 corkage fee at the time of consumption if consumed in a public area such as a dining room or lounge.

There seems to be a misconception that because Princess charges a fee for bottles in excess of the free allotment, that only one bottle per person is permitted. But rest assured, under no circumstances will Princess confiscate, destroy or in any way prohibit* anyone from bringing on multiple bottles of wine or Champagne. They just have to be 750ml bottles, and they just have to be paid for.

*Australian departures have reported different rules.

Thank you very much for clarifying this, it's good to know that we can bring more than one bottle of wine P/P.

Ms B.

(By the way, I have a hard time believing that a bottle of Hendrick's would be destroyed and not drunk by someone - crew members, perhaps?)

I actually gasped out loud when I saw it was Hendricks. We love it so much we named one of our pets after that delicious gin. Doubt that crew members got that one, it must have gone to the officers. ;)

I'm sorry you don't like the contract rules that you are aware of before you board. It is all spelled out for you. Have a good time finding a cruise line more suitable to your liking.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that I have wandered into a Temperance meeting...

I'm beginning to get the feeling that I have wandered into a Temperance meeting...

Temperance? Huh? I don't think anyone here who follows the rules is advocating alcohol restriction or prohibition in general. I like to drink with the best of them, but I do follow a company's rules when I'm on its private property.

So, you try to sneak liquor on board, you get caught, now you are miserable and upset your whole vacation, you wrongly withhold the auto tip to "teach Princess a lesson" when all you do is punish the people who are trying to make your vacation as pleasant as possible.

All you had to do was follow the rules, you spent how many thousands for this vacation. Just order liquor for your room from Princess, what is it going to be. an extra $100 or $150 for piece if mind and an enjoyable vacation.

"The monkey never learns"

Are you directing this post at me!!!!!!

Because the CCL shares are fast approaching a 52 week low.

I do believe that's due to the overall economy, the approaching shutdown etc. It surely has nothing to do with bringing liquor on board.:rolleyes:

It is not the alcohol policy.

It is not the overall economy. If that were true, the whole market would be down roughly the same percentage (regardless of the effect of the looming USG shutdown).

It is not the reception of the new ship.

It is because Princess recently reported poor financial performance (low bookings) and revised the future outlook downward. Look at the price history and the timing of the announcement. Same day and same hour. Just before that it was almost at a high for the year.

Might be a good time to buy for those of you who are considering getting their first 100 shares.

On our next trip we are spending time in Venice and Rome before we embark. If we find an alcoholic beverage that we think is special, we will try to take it on with our carry-on and talk with a manager if they want to destroy it. I'm thinking a nice limoncello? I'll be disappointed if they don't allow it. We often buy a special liquor to bring home to enjoy as a nice memory of our trip. We've done this on nearly all cruises (Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, Oceania, Windstar, Regent). Sometimes they hold it for us and other times they allow us to store it in our cabin. As long as the seal isn't broken, I don't care how it is stored. But I would be disappointed if it was destroyed.

Temperance? Huh? I don't think anyone here who follows the rules is advocating alcohol restriction or prohibition in general. I like to drink with the best of them, but I do follow a company's rules when I'm on its private property.

Same here.....:):):)

Bon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Might be a good time to buy for those of you who are considering getting their first 100 shares.

I bought mine the Monday after the Costa Concordia disaster. I bought at $29.5 a share-a real steal and I'm still ahead:D

We are hardly abstemious (typed while drinking a Bud Lime Light), but we, too, are rule followers. The bottom line is that I don't like to sneak, won't sneak, can't stand the thought of sneaking. If I have that much trouble following the rules, I just won't go.

On our next trip we are spending time in Venice and Rome before we embark. If we find an alcoholic beverage that we think is special, we will try to take it on with our carry-on and talk with a manager if they want to destroy it. I'm thinking a nice limoncello? I'll be disappointed if they don't allow it. We often buy a special liquor to bring home to enjoy as a nice memory of our trip. We've done this on nearly all cruises (Princess, RCCL, Celebrity, Oceania, Windstar, Regent). Sometimes they hold it for us and other times they allow us to store it in our cabin. As long as the seal isn't broken, I don't care how it is stored. But I would be disappointed if it was destroyed.

Make sure it's in your hand luggage. Princess has said they'll store "regional specialties" for you until you disembark. Lemoncello would fall under that, as long as you're not boarding with it in Jersey :)

Make sure it's in your hand luggage. Princess has said they'll store "regional specialties" for you until you disembark. Lemoncello would fall under that, as long as you're not boarding with it in Jersey :)

If we decide to make a special purchase of alcohol to take home, we will definitely carry it on. We booked our air with air deviation (through Princess) to include Venice, Italy. We'll request a manager if they want to destroy our bottle on embarkation. If we lose it, then we do. I just hope we don't if we choose to buy something special to bring home. We've always tried to buy something unique to bring home and savor.