NCL - Csttle line up in Vancouver

Holidaycraze

I totally agree. Ballantyne is awful. Once through security it's just a drafty warehouse. By far the worst embarkation port we've been through. We embarked there in Sept 2012 and May 2013. I don't think Ballantyne is staffed with the most experienced people. And the check-in desks are obviously temporary so things are bound to go wrong.

Another reason I now book only suites. We once had over 2 hours in line in Miami outside in a sweltering tent. Not that bad for me but very hard on mom.

I do believe it is not the fault of the cruiseline though.

Sorry you had that experience to start your cruise. BTW, how was thr actual cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Another reason I now book only suites. We once had over 2 hours in line in Miami outside in a sweltering tent. Not that bad for me but very hard on mom.

I do believe it is not the fault of the cruiseline though.

Sorry you had that experience to start your cruise. BTW, how was thr actual cruise?

We found the same problems with Ballantyne last year, and we had a suite. The problem with Ballantyne is that you must stand in line and go through security like cattle before you get to the room where the folks with suites can go to the suite area.

You're right, though. This has nothing to do with NCL and everything to do with the Port of Vancouver. It happens at the end of every cruise season when there are too many ships leaving Vancouver on the same day.

The Pearl is just leaving Vancouver, British Columbia this afternoon for Los Angeles then on through the Panama Canal to Miami. The weather in Vancouver over the last couple of days can only be described as ugly. Record rainfall recorded on Friday, Saturday and probably today to say nothing of very high winds.

Problems at Ballantyne are common for the first cruise of the Alaskan season and the last return southbound (today). Norwegian has no control over the ports or its employees.

the pearl is just leaving vancouver, british columbia this afternoon for los angeles then on through the panama canal to miami. The weather in vancouver over the last couple of days can only be described as ugly. Record rainfall recorded on friday, saturday and probably today to say nothing of very high winds.

Problems at ballantyne are common for the first cruise of the alaskan season and the last return southbound (today). Norwegian has no control over the ports or its employees.

seas given as significant wave height...which is the average

height of the highest 1/3 of the waves. Individual waves may be

more than twice the significant wave height.

Pzz081-301015-

cape flattery to cape lookout-

304 pm pdt sun sep 29 2013

storm warning

tonight

w to sw winds 40 to 50 kt...becoming w to nw 45 to 60

kt in the evening...then becoming w and diminishing to 30 to 40

kt after midnight. Seas 18 to 30 ft. Rain and chance of tstms

with vsby 1 nm or less.

We found the same problems with Ballantyne last year, and we had a suite. The problem with Ballantyne is that you must stand in line and go through security like cattle before you get to the room where the folks with suites can go to the suite area.

You're right, though. This has nothing to do with NCL and everything to do with the Port of Vancouver. It happens at the end of every cruise season when there are too many ships leaving Vancouver on the same day.

Wow!!! My only cruise out of Vancouver was Canada Place and it was Celebrity. Very easy.

Thanks for the heads up about Ballantyne. That is awful.

Archived