Wait list for MTD??

marriedinva

doesn't this sound odd that there is a waiting list for my time dining?

we thought we'd like to try this for our first cruise so we weren't a slave to the dining room and could enjoy the port excursions without feeling like running back to the boat.

my TA suggests that MTD will open up before may. does this sound plausible??

doesn't this sound odd that there is a waiting list for my time dining?

we thought we'd like to try this for our first cruise so we weren't a slave to the dining room and could enjoy the port excursions without feeling like running back to the boat.

my TA suggests that MTD will open up before may. does this sound plausible??

Yes, it's possible for MTD to open. I've read many people report that their desired dining time is full, even a year in advance of the cruise. I don't know exactly what's going on, but it could be that large blocks of dining times are being reserved early on, and then they get released closer to the cruise. Hopefully you can get on a wait list.

Usually, it's a waitlist for one of the traditional seating spots! No fear....if it doesn't open up (and it usually will), you won't be rushed if you have to do a traditional dining time! Pick the time closest to your normal dinner time. Since most port days end in plenty of time for you to be back on the ship, and get cleaned up without rushing, you're worrying about nothing!

Funny DW and I booked Oasis for May 2014 a few weeks ago and when we booked there was no 6pm dining.. So we just took my time and then a week later we saw 6pm come up so we called out TA and she put us on the list.. Check it everyday or so just to make sure you don't miss out.

Seems like more times than not anymore they are telling people they are wait listed for dining. I booked a cruise a year out and had the same problem. Was advised to keep calling to see if it was available and got what I wanted. The only issue with being put on MTD is you are required to pay the tips up front.

So, book and keep calling. The other thing DH and I did on a last minute cruise was to get onboard and immediately go to the dining room or MTD dining room and request what you want. Got 6:00 seating without any hassle.

Good luck!

Funny DW and I booked Oasis for May 2014 a few weeks ago and when we booked there was no 6pm dining.. So we just took my time and then a week later we saw 6pm come up so we called out TA and she put us on the list.. Check it everyday or so just to make sure you don't miss out.

How did you find out if the desired time opened up (without having to call the TA or RCI)? We are booking for Navigator for April and want early seating but we are wait listed. Thanks for your help.

How did you find out if the desired time opened up (without having to call the TA or RCI)? We are booking for Navigator for April and want early seating but we are wait listed. Thanks for your help.

Even though you booked with a TA this dining info will be available to you online under your reservation.

RCI needs to get this fixed. Dining selection problems seem to be a part of many new threads. It's ridiculous customers need to spend time calling RCI every week to get something where they know the capacity but refuse to fix the selection process.

In my experience, if you booked with a TA, you will need to call the TA or book a mock reservation on line to the point that it displays available dining options. Regardless, you will need to make any switch thru your TA. Recently I have discovered that whatever option is my preference seems to be not available on the time of initial reservation. I call frequently until I can get on a wait list. We've always cleared the wait list prior to sailing. Keep trying for what you want.

So will I be able to check online this early for dining options or is it something I have to do much closer to my sail date??

You should be able to choose your dining option when you book the cruise.

You do not need to have a reservation for MTD. RCI encourages it but it is not required. You may show up whenever you want or a different time every night. Most people have reported no waiting or a very small wait time.

I know I don't need a reservation for MTD but it wasn't available when I booked my cruise. I was subsequently wait-listed for MTD.

I know I don't need a reservation for MTD but it wasn't available when I booked my cruise. I was subsequently wait-listed for MTD.

If you've been wait listed there is a good chance you'll clear the list and be assigned to MTD before your cruise date. Keep checking your "my cruises" on Royal Caribbean online. Any status changes will be reflected there regardless of whether you use a TA or booked direct.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 7 months later...
RCI needs to get this fixed. Dining selection problems seem to be a part of many new threads. It's ridiculous customers need to spend time calling RCI every week to get something where they know the capacity but refuse to fix the selection process.

Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling about how well Dynamic Dining might work? :D

Ray in NH

Edited by Ray in NH

I'm a bit surprised by this. We chose MTD at the time of booking over a year ago without any problem..

We plan on turning up whenever we want. I thought that was the whole idea behind it.

What's the idea behind booking the same time every night?.....that'd surely be their time dining!:confused:

its a scam MTD. you prepay tips then you have to tell them what time your going to eat in advance, we should be able to just walk in when we feel like it.

You can walk in when you like. That's the whole idea. As for wanting to eat at 7.30 every night? That sounds just as restricting as early or late seating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were wait listed for MTD on our next cruise. Within a couple of weeks, without notification, it 'appeared' on our reservation. We were told that many TAs purchase group or block reservations and dining times as well. These times are eventually released the closer their final payment dates are required. You most likely will not have any issues obtaining MTD.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin