NO MORE pre printed luggage tags?

alinnj

This has been in effect for quite some time...I really liked the luggage tag mailer program, and I just like to do things myself ahead of time and worry the porter might not get it right, so I print them off the website and laminate them , or so to speak, with clear packing tape...

Just an Fyi

Not trying to change your mind about how you handle luggage tags....but when the porter does it, you are right there watching him write the cabin number and attach the tag to the bag. Takes less than 30 seconds.

I prefer the self printed ones, probably because whenever I use the "real" ones I never get them stuck together exactly so there is always sticky stuff still showing :rolleyes:

So I print out them out & wrap with packing tape & don't have a problem :)

Just an Fyi

Not trying to change your mind about how you handle luggage tags....but when the porter does it, you are right there watching him write the cabin number and attach the tag to the bag. Takes less than 30 seconds.

We didn't have tags for the Jewel out of Tampa this April, I THOUGHT the porter would fill them out for us. He handed me the tags, no pen and stood there while I filled out 5 tags. I'll make sure to always print them out from now on, what a waste of time and then I had to tip him.:rolleyes:

We didn't have tags for the Jewel out of Tampa this April, I THOUGHT the porter would fill them out for us. He handed me the tags, no pen and stood there while I filled out 5 tags. I'll make sure to always print them out from now on, what a waste of time and then I had to tip him.:rolleyes:

Wow! In 20+ cruises never experienced that....because they want a tip, they are usually more than glad to fill them out.

Wow! In 20+ cruises never experienced that....because they want a tip, they are usually more than glad to fill them out.

That's what I read a million times here on CC as well. And it wasn't as simple as name and cabin number. I had to make it look exactly like the sample tag, with the correct quadrant indicated. I was traveling with three newbies, including an 11 year old. They were so busy gawking about the ship, they didn't help at all. And I was carrying all 4 bottles of wine!! NEVER AGAIN!! :D

I had that happen once at Port Everglades. I think it may depend on how busy/lazy the porter is.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I purchased the ones on Amazon and after printing (In Color) and folding the tags they fit perfectly in the holders. They can be used over and over everytime you cruise. I figured with all the money paid for the cruise this expense was nothing at all!

What a crazy idea to stop sending out the luggage tags.

Yes, sitting in an office in Miami someone decided that 40 cents times however many million people cruise added up to a fortune. Unfortunately most people don't own the ability to print on adhesive plastic or laminate. If they do the laminating pouches will cost a lot more than the cost of the original tags.

Stapled paper tags will fall off at the first sign of a luggage cart, 5 different handlers, 2 elevator journeys and half a day languishing along I 95.

A saving to RCI, more work for the crew trying to place and recover luggage and more hassle for passengers losing luggage or having it delivered elsewhere first.

The person who suggested the idea should spend a day unloading then reloading luggage onto the ship.

The other problem is it further delays the boarding process which on our last US cruise out of New York was appalling. On the plus side though it gives the shore side porters more opportunity to fleece you for money.

Not RCI's finest hour.

Henry :)

Yes, sitting in an office in Miami someone decided that 40 cents times however many million people cruise added up to a fortune. Unfortunately most people don't own the ability to print on adhesive plastic or laminate. If they do the laminating pouches will cost a lot more than the cost of the original tags.

Stapled paper tags will fall off at the first sign of a luggage cart, 5 different handlers, 2 elevator journeys and half a day languishing along I 95.

A saving to RCI, more work for the crew trying to place and recover luggage and more hassle for passengers losing luggage or having it delivered elsewhere first.

The person who suggested the idea should spend a day unloading then reloading luggage onto the ship.

The other problem is it further delays the boarding process which on our last US cruise out of New York was appalling. On the plus side though it gives the shore side porters more opportunity to fleece you for money.

Not RCI's finest hour.

I have used the paper tags quite a number of times and never ever had one fall off. Did you just make up your statement or did you have a problem?

Not RCI's finest hour.

There are remedies to all of your issues. Did you read the other responses?

I think i might be losing it...but I cannot seem to find the location of where I even print these. I know I have done it before, however, now I can not find them.

When I print my Set Sail pass it just has an example of one.

Can anyone tell me where to print them?

Thanks!

Archived