Breakfast Specials

Pettifogger

tasted more like a sloppy joe. And never saw creamed chip beef. Both are occasional bfst favorites buy must be home made and not from a package or can. I have rarely seen real corned beef on a HAL ship. Maybe if we sail over St. Patrick's day?

I remember when HAL used to serve creamed chip beef. I had it once or twice in Lido (back when we used to go to Lido now and then for breakfast) and I liked it. :o I wouldn't eat it these days but back then...... :)

Don't know what HAL is offering now with such a lovely, long menu -- but I found a thread I did from a few years ago before the present menus came out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=621306&highlight=breakfast+specials

Thanks, KK. They all sound very tempting. Too tempting. One of the reasons I like room service for breakfast is I just order my oatmeal or eggs or cold cereal and don't have to be tempted first thing in the morning. It's hard enough to get through a cruise without gaining weight without eating such a yummy breakfast.

Thanks, KK. They all sound very tempting. Too tempting. One of the reasons I like room service for breakfast is I just order my oatmeal or eggs or cold cereal and don't have to be tempted first thing in the morning. It's hard enough to get through a cruise without gaining weight without eating such a yummy breakfast.

I'll be very, very surprised if they are offered. I really think the Prinsendam can't be compared to any other ship.

Just a few that I remember in addition to the Dutch style apple pancakes are peanut butter pancakes, mango pancakes, berry pancakes, variations of French toast with nuts or whatever, eggs Benedict with crab in place of the Canadian bacon, maybe an omelet with artichoke and brie, a Mexican omelet and a number of others. I didn't often get past the Dutch style apple pancakes which they offered frequently. The other pancakes were sometimes just a little peanut butter or mango in the center of the pancakes; the Dutch apple was all through them and was probably enough to keep the doctor away.

Just a few that I remember in addition to the Dutch style apple pancakes are peanut butter pancakes, mango pancakes, berry pancakes, variations of French toast with nuts or whatever, eggs Benedict with crab in place of the Canadian bacon, maybe an omelet with artichoke and brie, a Mexican omelet and a number of others. I didn't often get past the Dutch style apple pancakes which they offered frequently. The other pancakes were sometimes just a little peanut butter or mango in the center of the pancakes; the Dutch apple was all through them and was probably enough to keep the doctor away.

We had a type of Mexican omelet too - it was very good!!! and DH liked the different French toasts (and he's not normally a French Toast eater).

The most appropriate was the steak and eggs.

We tried several of them and they were fun.

Some of the breakfast specials were very good.

One time on another ship they had mango pancakes one morning.

I'll be very, very surprised if they are offered. I really think the Prinsendam can't be compared to any other ship.

You make a really good point Lorene. Prinsendam offered it on our previous cruise too and I haven't seen it on any of the other ships - at least, not yet!

Glad more variety has been added to the breakfast menu.

I think you mis-understood some of the posts.

The Prinsendam has added some breakfast specials.

Then we got to talking about the breakfast specials from years ago and I posted what we had on one of our Maasdam cruises.

The breakfast menu -- so far -- is still the same.

Archived