Singles to get Double Points

[quote name='Cuizer2']Any system can be manipulated. The old system could easily be manipulated. The new systems could easily be manipulate and now this change allows for manipulation.

There is no perfect system.

BTW - [COLOR=red]Princess also gives double points to solo cruisers[/COLOR]. So Royal Caribbean is not the first one to come up with this system.

Also, I doubt that people cruise for points. I'm not going to spend double the money just so I can get double the points. The airlines allow people who book air to pay extra for extra miles - I don't pay the extra.[/quote]

Princess only gives double points to solo cruisers who pay the full 200% single supplement.

Many people select a particular cruise for points (the late December Celebration being a perfect example), although I assume that they wouldn't cruise if they didn't enjoy the experience.

[quote name='mommabean']I have wondered if the policy was created privately for his benefit. Wait! Not for points, but to allow him to take a little bit of time off and retain his level. Numbers 2 and 3 can't catch him even if he's not on board all year with the new point system. Don't you think he must be getting sick of living on a ship? There has to be a lot he's missing by not spending at least a few weeks a year in real life. They like him as number 1 for publicity at this point.

Just a thought. Who knows really what was behind this current change which still hasn't been shown in writing. I still wonder if there is some fine print we don't know about.

Gina[/quote]

I keep thinking that there's another shoe to drop (such as a change in C&A benefits at each level), but I also think that only we CCers are going to game the system to the max.

[quote name='Aquahound']I don't see why not...although, I heard #2 just got 86'd from RCCL for being stupid. I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think Harry and Dorris are #2 now. If not, they're up there.[/QUOTE]

So what would cause RCCL to ban such a high level cruiser?

M

[quote name='Cruzin-K']An example for a balcony costing $1400.

Solo in Cabin A, $1400 = 14 points, $100 per point

Mrs. Married in Cabin B, $700 = 7 points, $100 per point
Mr. Married in Cabin B, $700 = 7 points, $100 per point.

Seems fair to me :)[/quote]

Not fair when Mr. & Mrs. in Cabin B get 7 points as a couple, not 14 as the solo cruiser does.

[quote name='Cruzin-K']An example for a balcony costing $1400.

Solo in Cabin A, $1400 = 14 points, $100 per point

Mrs. Married in Cabin B, $700 = 7 points, $100 per point
Mr. Married in Cabin B, $700 = 7 points, $100 per point.

Seems fair to me :)[/QUOTE]

Your example assumes a cruise with no single supplement.

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']Not fair when Mr. & Mrs. in Cabin B get 7 points as a couple, not 14 as the solo cruiser does.[/quote]
I think some people think couples get 14,when in fact,it is only 7...

[quote name='mommabean']I think your points went into the system after Oct 3. That is the trigger it seems. Had your points been updated on Oct 2, I don't believe you'd have gotten the extra points.[/quote]

Was on Brilliance 9/28/13 , C& A points posted today 10/11/13 did not post as double . There appears to be no rhyme or reason. Will be calling C&A tomorrow.

[quote name='PH8']How do you figure that?? A solo cruiser and a couple next to each other will get the same amount of points(well,before this change).Mrs A gets 7 points for a week,as does Mr A....as well as the solo cruiser.Not like you can stack those 7 points and get 14 because you are married...

So basically, married couples paying the same for a cabin as a solo cruiser(paying 200%) are getting half the amount of points......Hmmmmm,now that doesn't sound fair,does it??

But it's RCCL rules and we have to play by them....I'm not going to whine about it.[/quote]

When a couple pays $xxx for a cabin for a week, each gets seven points - fourteen points total. When a single pays $xxx for a week, the single oly7 gets seven points, yet the single paid as much for the cabin as the couple that received fourteen points. So now Royal Caribbean has evened up the playing field by giving both the same number of points - fourteen. That seems fair to me.

BTW - Princess also awards singles two points per night.

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']Not fair when Mr. & Mrs. in Cabin B get 7 points as a couple, not 14 as the solo cruiser does.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PH8']I think some people think couples get 14,when in fact,it is only 7...[/QUOTE]

Each half of the couple gets 7 points and that does add up to 14. However, it only moves the couple 7 points closer to the next C&A level. I think people look at a typical double cabin as being worth 14 points. And if one person is in the cabin then the 14 goes to one person instead of being split among two people.

[quote name='critterchick']Princess only gives double points to solo cruisers who pay the full 200% single supplement.[/quote]

If you are saying that the number of points should match the supplement, I don't have a problem with that.

So pay 200%, get double the points. Pay 150%, get 150% of the points. Pay 110%, get 110% of the points. Pay 100%, get 100% of the points. Seems fair. Perhaps that will stop all the whining about singles, who have been stiffed since cruising began, about solo cruisers getting double points when paying only 110%.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']Each half of the couple gets 7 points and that does add up to 14. However, it only moves the couple 7 points closer to the next C&A level. I think people look at a typical double cabin as being worth 14 points. And if one person is in the cabin then the 14 goes to one person instead of being split among two people.[/quote]
That 14 points we get as a couple doesn't help my point count go up like that(it's really like we only get 7 towards our total)........my husband and I both have the same number of points,even though I have cruised without him(and more in the future now with this change of plans:p)

[quote name='PH8']That 14 points we get as a couple doesn't help my point count go up like that(it's really like we only get 7 towards our total)........my husband and I both have the same number of points,even though I have cruised without him(and more in the future now with this change of plans:p)[/quote]

And when you advance a level BOTH of you advance. When a single person advances, only that person advances.

There are two of you obtaining the benefits of the new status. When the solo cruiser advances only one person is obtaining the benefits of the upgrade.

Why is it when two people get a benefit it is okay, but when only one gets a benefit it suddenly becomes not fair?

The people earn the points and get double the benefit. One person earns double the points by paying twice as much and gets only a single benefit. It all evens out at the end.

If you don't think it is fair, then book two adjoining cabins and get double the space and double the benefits.

[quote name='critterchick']Princess only gives double points to solo cruisers who pay the full 200% single supplement.

[/QUOTE]

Not true. On both my solo cruises with Princess I paid about 150% and got double points.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']Your example assumes a cruise with no single supplement.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't :confused: My example assumes the single supplement is 100%. The solo traveler is paying double what each person sharing a cabin would pay. If I travel with a friend, we each pay for half the cabin, and get seven points each. If I travel solo, I pay 200% of the listed fare, and still only got seven points, until now. Edited by Cruzin-K

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']Correct..........People think they are cumulative which they are not. At the end of the cruise the C & A points only go up 7 points and not 14 for a couple.[/QUOTE]

Don't the points go up 7 points EACH :confused:. Sames as when two friends who are not related share a cabin. I get seven points, and my friend gets seven points.

:confused:

[quote name='CruisesOnMyMind']Correct..........People think they are cumulative which they are not. At the end of the cruise the C & A points only go up 7 points and not 14 for a couple.[/quote]

Yet when the couple moves up to a higher status they both move up. When a solo cruiser moves up on status only one person moves up.

Still, if it is that important to you, both two adjoining cabins, pay double and get double the points.

[quote name='PH8']I was not complaining:rolleyes:.I was just mentioning a scenario....I think this whole new way of awarding points for the solo cruiser is GREAT!:):)[/quote]

Great, then you, Princess and I are all in agreement with what Royal Caribbean is doing.

[quote name='Cuizer2']Yet when the couple moves up to a higher status they both move up. When a solo cruiser moves up on status only one person moves up.

Still, if it is that important to you, both two adjoining cabins, pay double and get double the points.[/quote]

You make a good point here!:D

I never mentioned if it was important to me or not. Which it is not. Simply looking at the scenario.

[quote name='PH8']That 14 points we get as a couple doesn't help my point count go up like that(it's really like we only get 7 towards our total)........my husband and I both have the same number of points,even though I have cruised without him(and more in the future now with this change of plans:p)[/QUOTE]

And if you cruise enough as a solo to advance levels he will also get the benefit of moving up levels even though he is not also cruising. I don't see that as any more, or less, fair than a solo cruiser getting double points. It is simply the design of the program.

[quote name='Cruzin-K']Not true. On both my solo cruises with Princess I paid about 150% and got double points.

No it doesn't :confused: My example assumes the single supplement is 100%. The solo traveler is paying double what each person sharing a cabin would pay. If I travel with a friend, we each pay for half the cabin, and get seven points each. If I travel solo, I pay 200% of the listed fare, and still only got seven points, until now.[/QUOTE]

Right, I should not do math when I am distracted. However, your example did assume a single supplement of 200% Edited by Ocean Boy

[quote name='Cuizer2']Yet when the couple moves up to a higher status they both move up. [COLOR="Red"]When a solo cruiser moves up on status only one person moves up. [/COLOR]

Still, if it is that important to you, both two adjoining cabins, pay double and get double the points.[/QUOTE]

Actually many solo cruisers will eventually have a significant other. That person will automatically gain the status of their new partner/spouse and may not have even been on a cruise.

But I don't have an issue with it. RCI can deal with any potential problem they are creating.

I just think it would be nice if RCI stuck with a program for a while. The constant changes are hard to keep up with. I used to know the credits needed for each level. I just can't keep the high numbers of points straight anymore. 700 for PC is easy enough but I have no idea what points are needed for any of the other levels.

Gina