Oceanview Dilemma-M Class 7002 or 3112?

ORV

We are getting reading to book a South American 14 night trip for 2015 on the Infinity and most of the rooms are still wide open. I am trying to decide between A.)7003-7002 (cat 4) or B.)3112-3114(cat 6). There are 4 of us and we will be getting either choice A or choice B.

The dilemma is that choice A. would cost $410 more per couple. Is it worth it? I'm actually leaning toward choice B. due to I really like the location and seeing as how we're going around the Horn it could get rough up front. Plus $410 would buy a lot of drinks.

Love to hear opinions on what you would do. Thanks

Besides the comments from others about the merits of the cabin locations, going cheaper initially leaves you well situated to 'pounce' on future price reductions if they occur and the upgrade offers are attractive to you. Keep an eye on pricing regularly.

I stayed in 7003 on the Summit a couple of years ago and liked the location and extra space. You should note that you cannot easily connect to room 7002 even though it appears to be down the hall. There is crew stairway in the center of the hall blocked by a door on either side. My cousin was in room 7002 and in order to meet up, we had to walk down the hall to the elevators and circle around. The room steward was kind enough to let us pass through the stairway on check in day but after that, there was no direct access. I mention this because you are traveling with another couple so you might want to keep this in mind. Regarding room 3112, I personally would not stay in a room next to the ladies room in the Grand Foyer though I have stayed on Deck 3 -3044. Perhaps Ron L can comment on that aspect.

Regarding 3112, there is absolutely no noise from the bathroom next door. I spent a week in this room and heard nothing but a few quiet sounds from the room on the other side. You will be fine here.

Same has been reported by others who had that room.

Here are a couple photos of 3112 on the Summit, I'd imagine the same cabin on Infinity would look the same. Also a photo of the doorway from the public hallway (which only goes back to the conference rooms) to the hallway with the cabins in this nice quiet location.

Were on the Bermuda sailing this summer and brother had 3112, and I had 3116 & 3118 connecting. It was a very good location, we all loved it.

Brother and SIL also said no noise from the restroom next door.

JC

DSCN1734.jpg.6580c9ae924d593de0e2c1cbcd397243.jpg

DSCN2026.jpg.dc953a4e54a3d29fb1ba79db587589ae.jpg

DSCN2030.jpg.81ad33e5037f4b01804a7205941e3f2c.jpg

Regarding room 3112, I personally would not stay in a room next to the ladies room in the Grand Foyer though I have stayed on Deck 3 -3044. Perhaps Ron L can comment on that aspect.

I'll let you know in December :D

I haven't read anything about noise from the restroom in 3112 but I'll know more in a couple of months.

We had 3112 on the Millie for 8 days last September and it was perfectly quiet. We just returned from 14 days in 3112 on the Summit -- the only thing that we heard was some sounds from the deck above just before leaving port -- it was not a problem for us.

Oddly enough deck 2 is really great. I usually book a veranda. However on my recent cruise that was not available. Booked a ov gty. I was assigned a cabin on deck 2. It was terrific. It is very quiet. Cabins on deck 3 in the new section do get foot traffic when people use the aft elevators and want to get to main foyer. I walked that way a few times on a recent cruise. There were always people passing.

3112 is excellent. We were in that cabin in July to Bermuda and have it booked again for December. The location is great and there is no noise at all, either from the bathroom or the hallway. There was little foot traffic down the hallway- it was either others with cabins in that hallway or the few people who got lost.

I would highly recommend it.

Thanks again everyone. We went with 3112 & 3114.

You'll love 3112/3114 and their location. When we booked 3112 last year, I was worried about hearing that toilet flush sucking sound, but it is well insulated and didn't hear a peep.

If you are Elite and the hold the morning breakfast in Normandie like they did on our cruise, it's just a short stroll from the starboard to the port side. Very convenient.

Just a reminder that even at Classic level, you can get a one category upgrade for inside-inside and OV-OV. So for 3112 or3114 which are Cat 6, you should be paying the Cat 7 price!

For our upcoming Millennium cruise we are in 7003, which is Cat 4, but paid the price of a Cat 5.

This perk is based on availability so the early booker gets the worm so to speak.

Just a reminder that even at Classic level, you can get a one category upgrade for inside-inside and OV-OV. So for 3112 or3114 which are Cat 6, you should be paying the Cat 7 price!

For our upcoming Millennium cruise we are in 7003, which is Cat 4, but paid the price of a Cat 5.

This perk is based on availability so the early booker gets the worm so to speak.

We did get that, and booked with an Open Passage. Says they're not combinable, but it did.

LOL, yes, we booked the Cat 6 3112 and paid the Cat 7 price. With the $10pp savings, it came out to the price of a martini less the 15% tip. :D

Archived