Solo on the Allure - My Thoughts

Maureen, I just noticed that you are going on Grandeur in about three days time. I am all ears and eyes as to your take on this particular ship since I will sailing on Grandeur in March 2014.

Bon Voyage and may you have warm breezes, sunshine and a really great cruise.

Maureen, I just noticed that you are going on Grandeur in about three days time. I am all ears and eyes as to your take on this particular ship since I will sailing on Grandeur in March 2014.

Bon Voyage and may you have warm breezes, sunshine and a really great cruise.

Watch for my review - Amtrak and all!! :)

• 1 month later...

This was a very informative and entertaining review. while I am more of a close to home port sort of cruiser because I don't want the hassle of flying and all that other stuff that is involved getting to the other cruise ports, your review of allure has me interested in trying it out (only if I can catch one of those tuesday sales after I do my first cruise with RCI, which I will be doing in May, 2014)... once again great review.. read it in one sitting.. not sure how the other guy read it in 45 minutes.. i need to discover his talent..

• 2 weeks later...
This was a very informative and entertaining review. while I am more of a close to home port sort of cruiser because I don't want the hassle of flying and all that other stuff that is involved getting to the other cruise ports, your review of allure has me interested in trying it out (only if I can catch one of those tuesday sales after I do my first cruise with RCI, which I will be doing in May, 2014)... once again great review.. read it in one sitting.. not sure how the other guy read it in 45 minutes.. i need to discover his talent..

hi maureencruiser,

i really enjoyed reading your blog on Allure. I came across it while doing some research on Allure so that I can book a cruise on Allure tomorrow for my parents who are retired. thanks for all the info and great pics!

Thanks to both of you! Angel, I hope you love RC as much as I do. S&S, Thanks for the nice comments. More than one person has referred to this as a blog, not a review. I guess I don't know what I am writing - LOL! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Allure and Oasis are two of my favorite ships! Actually, when I am on a cruise, the ship I am on is my favorite!

I have never cruised solo, but am going to try it! Thanks for the encouragement!:)

Whatever ship I'm on is my favorite, too. Maybe I am just easy to please. Solo is great, do not be afraid to try it. I pretty much stay to myself, but, lots of other solos meet up with each other and have a great time. Have you read any of Lara Lox's reviews? She is a solo from England, she was on the Carnival Sunshine a week after I was and her review is great. I just started my review late last night, so, I have a lot of catching up to do. :o

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the kind words. Funny how my newest review has sparked interest in my oldest review. :D

What, what, what? You have a newest review? I go away for a one week cruise and I miss your review. :eek:

Please provide me with a link my dear Maureen. I need my fix for one of your reviews, and only you have the script:). Get it, the story as well as your profession.:D

Edit, is the one for the Carnival Sunshine in your review list? If so I have found it.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

What, what, what? You have a newest review? I go away for a one week cruise and I miss your review. :eek:

Please provide me with a link my dear Maureen. I need my fix for one of your reviews, and only you have the script:). Get it, the story as well as your profession.:D

Edit, is the one for the Carnival Sunshine in your review list? If so I have found it.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Dearest Andrew, You found it, I knew you would! Haha, you probably never thought you'd see the day I ventured over to Carnival, huh? Well, I did and I had a great time! :D

Dearest Andrew, You found it, I knew you would! Haha, you probably never thought you'd see the day I ventured over to Carnival, huh? Well, I did and I had a great time! :D

Hi Maureen.

I just finished your newest review a few minutes ago. I dragged it out over the day as time permitted. Another great one my friend. I am glad to see that you continued with the acts of kindness. To see the responses of a few of the receivers makes it just that much more special.

We just got back from Oasis and my wife, son and I watched the character parade and when Gloria came out they played the song "I like them big and chunky". I smiled to myself thinking about your muscle men from the Allure diving show. I am sure you remember them.;)

I hope to meet you one day, and we can chat and have one of those frosty drinks you pictured. Better yet, one of those tasty meals. Until then smooth waters and warm breezes.

Thanks again for a wonderful and entertaining review.

Andrew

We just got back from Oasis and my wife, son and I watched the character parade and when Gloria came out they played the song "I like them big and chunky". I smiled to myself thinking about your muscle men from the Allure diving show. I am sure you remember them.;)

I hope to meet you one day, and we can chat and have one of those frosty drinks you pictured. Better yet, one of those tasty meals. Until then smooth waters and warm breezes.Andrew

Chunky! Chunky!! Till we meet.......:)

• 2 months later...

maureencruiser.....I know the license plate picture was posted back in 2013 when you did the review but I just LOVE your license plate!! ;) I live in CT and die hard fan til the end.

Thanks for a great review. going solo for first time next month! :D

Edited by junior8