Solo on the Allure - My Thoughts

This is a great review! I can hardly wait for the rest. :)

I have just started cruising solo and would like to cruise at least one of the 'big' RCCL ships (Oasis or Allure). I am hoping your review will give me good incentive.......so far it has.

My thanks in advance for sharing you vacation/cruise. You writing style is very entertaining and your pictures only add to the fun of it all.

I wish you continued happy cruising. :D

Caron

Pssst. Quantum Transatlantic? :D

Hmm, let me know what cruises you book next year. Maybe we can coincidentally end up on the same ship at the same time.;)

Ditto Ditto DITTO!! (But not limited to next year- I'd be happy to bump into you on a ship anytime! :D)

In the meantime, I'll keep an eye out for your reviews- this one is a hoot! LOVE it!

Edited by happy trailer

Jesse, again, in case his Mom is reading this.

232323232%7Ffp54347%3Enu%3D4849%3E6%3C2%3E%3B34%3EWSNRCG%3D3699%3A776%3A%3A348nu0mrj

What??!! Why does he have his shirt on????

NO FAIR!

P.S. Jesse's Mom, if you are reading this, I'd like to compliment you. That's some genes your son has in his pool.

Now how did that drool end up on my keyboard....:confused:

NO FAIR!

P.S. Jesse's Mom, if you are reading this, I'd like to compliment you. That's some genes your son has in his pool.

Now how did that drool end up on my keyboard....:confused:

I think I need to send Lowry an email!;)

Thank-you Maureen for a wonderful review.

I wish the WJ would stay open a bit later, even for a small dish of pasta. Johnny Rockets in one of our favourites, epically the peanut butter milkshake. We found the Dog House a perfect spot for a quick lunch.

You need to book another cruise ASAP so I can look forward to another of you classic reviews. DW liked the photo of the strongmen;). CD Allan Brooks is also one of our favourites. I am also happy to see and read that as a solo cruiser you were able to have the same if not more fun that the rest on board the ship. On a more serious note I hope your mom is feeling better.

Andrew

I have often said this too. Even if they stretched it to 9:30 PM it would help. And I think 10 PM would be even better. Often times we have to cut short what we are doing because of the 9 PM closing.

Hmmm, We may have already shared a ship, what day in April did you go on Jewel this year, I was there from the 4th to the 8th. I looked at your pics, but, didn't see myself in any of them.

I was on the April 18th sailing. Can't sail before April 15th due to work issues.;)

OMG, This show is awesome! The best I have ever seen! I loved it so much, I came back at 10:45 and saw it again. I had to endure being in the no reservation line being laughed and pointed at, but, it was well worth it!!

I've been on Allure twice and I hope I never cruise solo, but if become neccesary I would cruise solo, so I have been following along. As for the Aquatheater show, have you watched it from one up the upper balconies? Its best from the theater, but after you have seen it once, its fun to watch more of the behind the scenes stuff from up high.

OMG!! LMBO!!

Maureen you out done yourself! Loved your review. My mgr is out of the office so guess who caught up on Maureen's review this morning? Yep, you guessed it Cynt. And we + Rhonda will absolutely have to cruise together. CAN'T WAIT!!

The first thing when you enter, they seat you.

The windjammer is probably my only dislike of this class. Its too small! I actually liked the fact that they would seat you, or I should have liked it. My wife takes 15 minutes to get her food and I take 2. When I went to my one and only breakfast here, also on day 3, a crew member seated me , which I thought was good. The waiter asked if I wanted a drink, I said yes to milk and went to get my food. 5 minutes later a guy was in my seat eating and wouldn't give it up. There were no other ones around so he took it. Now they didn't mark it in any way so he probably didn't know, but what is the point of seating you if it really isn't yours?

Back to reading, rant over. Despite this I will go back to Oasis or Allure again :D

Ok, now, we have to get serious for a minute. The first and only time I was "in" Labadee was on my Freedom cruise on January 12, 2010.

I'm going to poke fun and say you were on Day 3 and I hadn't figured out if you were on the EASTERN or WESTERN! :) I'm glad you shared the story I didn't see it before. I haven't been back to Labadee since 2008. I continue to enjoy your review, though I'm a few days behind others.

This is definitely one of the best reviews I've ever read :D I'm sailing on Allure next year and there's a lot of really useful info here. I won't be sailing single but would say that if ever there comes a time when I do, this has completely reassured me.

Great review :)

NO FAIR!

Because of the name tag! Unless his nipples are pierced...:confused:

OMG!! LMBO!!

Maureen you out done yourself! Loved your review. My mgr is out of the office so guess who caught up on Maureen's review this morning? Yep, you guessed it Cynt. And we + Rhonda will absolutely have to cruise together. CAN'T WAIT!!

Thanks, You never said if I could post your pics or not, so I did (Shrug), but, I did ask first, (Cause I'm cool like that) :)

You name the ship, we're there!! Did any of the zipline pics come out? If not, we'll have to go back on Allure ASAP.:D

I'm not a seasoned cruiser, never been on a BIG ship, no real C&A status and I've never cruised solo. I want to tell you, though, that this was an awesome review! I laughed out loud at almost every post. Like others have said, I love MADQ's reviews and yours ranks right up there with all of the best CC reviewers. You have a tremendous ability to take us along on your journey and live the dream vicariously.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review!