Solo on the Allure - My Thoughts

Was Zach Polynesian?

I look forward to your next adventure with your big pharma little swag friends and hope to find you on my roll call one day;) Go Pats and " how 'bout them Sox?" Happy sailing!

As I recall, Zach was from South Africa. Let me study his side butt a little more and I will get back to you! :D

Wouldn't it be nice to see the Pats and Sox and Bruins and Celtics all win BIG! As a heads up, look for my upcoming Grandeur review, I am planning a little tribute to the victims of the Boston Marathon Tragedy. I know you were highly affected by that during your cruise.

As I recall, Zach was from South Africa. Let me study his side butt a little more and I will get back to you! :D

Wouldn't it be nice to see the Pats and Sox and Bruins and Celtics all win BIG! As a heads up, look for my upcoming Grandeur review, I am planning a little tribute to the victims of the Boston Marathon Tragedy. I know you were highly affected by that during your cruise.

You do that Maureen and report back:eek:;)

Looking forward to your Grandeur review- are you traveling in April? No doubt it was tough being on board when that was going on, I'm glad none of our loved ones were affected. It was such a joy to see everyone lining the streets of Boston again without fear. It reminded me of those "take back the night" events we used to do in college. It was Boston's way of taking back the streets for joy and community without fear! (That said, a Celtics championship may be a bit much to hope for;))

Looking forward to your Grandeur review- are you traveling in April? It was Boston's way of taking back the streets for joy and community without fear! (That said, a Celtics championship may be a bit much to hope for;))

I'm on the Grandeur in 33 days!!

Go Celts!!

boston-celtics-logo-22.jpg

You are a hoot! I really enjoyed reading your review. You have a fabulous sense of humor! Do you have any other cruise reviews/blogs?

You are a hoot! I really enjoyed reading your review. You have a fabulous sense of humor! Do you have any other cruise reviews/blogs?

Not yet, but planning another review in 31 days!

Not yet, but planning another review in 31 days!

Can't wait to read about your cruise on the Grandeur. I think there are quite a few people on this thread that would love to cruise with you one day. Count me as one!:D Have a fabulous trip.

Can't wait to read about your cruise on the Grandeur. I think there are quite a few people on this thread that would love to cruise with you one day. Count me as one!:D Have a fabulous trip.

Thank You, I'm looking forward to writing another review. Everyone has been so nice and complimentary. :) If anyone is interested, my Mom was paroled from the nursing home yesterday and is currently plucking nerves at the assisted living facility. :D Yeah, Mom!

The little boy is thinking... That is nothing compared to the number of bottles my parents smuggled aboard.

OMG I LOVE this game :)

maybe he's thinking...I can't wait to grow up and be an engineer just like my dad, and take a stab at designing something just as SPECTACULAR as this

Edited by tpiper55

Look at my signature - my cruise was September 22! I just recovered! :D

I'm still early on, but GREAT review so far...you are an excellent writer and I feel like I'm right along there with you. I'm really considering booking the Allure for my anniversary next May:D:D

Edited by tpiper55

Hi Maureen.....not sure how I missed this AWESOME review last month (shame on me!!!) because I just laughed my way through it. Your comments and pictures were amazing. I hope you will do a review when you are on Grandeur in a few weeks. It'll be a very different experience, but I have no doubt you will find a way to have fun!

I'm still early on, but GREAT review so far...you are an excellent writer and I feel like I'm right along there with you. I'm really considering booking the Allure for my anniversary next May:D:D

Thank You, I can't wait to go back on the Allure!

Hi Maureen.....not sure how I missed this AWESOME review last month (shame on me!!!) because I just laughed my way through it. Your comments and pictures were amazing. I hope you will do a review when you are on Grandeur in a few weeks. It'll be a very different experience, but I have no doubt you will find a way to have fun!

Of course I'll have fun! I'll be in Key West!! Do you have any thoughts about a good lunch at a good price? Choose wisely, I'll be reviewing it! :p

Thank You, I can't wait to go back on the Allure!

Of course I'll have fun! I'll be in Key West!! Do you have any thoughts about a good lunch at a good price? Choose wisely, I'll be reviewing it! :p

For lunch in Key West, I highly recommend Blue Heaven, 729 Thomas Street. This restaurant has a storied history, and it is truly an experience. Take time after your lunch to walk around the grounds and learn the history of the place. My favorite 'watering hole' in KW is Hog's Breath Saloon, 400 Front Street. Best. Rum. Runners. Ever! As a result of my, uh, shall we say, overindulging, that is how my nick-name of Key West Karen came about. Honest. Go ahead, review away:D:D

Edited by KeywestK

Honesty, I would love to be on the same cruise with you! I think we would have great fun. I am a solo traveler myself. I loved the comment about your mother being paroled from the nursing home...I'm still laughing about that every time I think about it.:D I will be on the look out for your latest reviews especially the one of the Grandeur, that I think you said you were going on, because my cruise in March 2014 will be the first time for me on the Grandeur. You certainly have a great sense of humor and from what I've read on line, no one else has made me laugh like you did. Thanks for sharing.

Honesty, I would love to be on the same cruise with you! I think we would have great fun. I am a solo traveler myself. I loved the comment about your mother being paroled from the nursing home...I'm still laughing about that every time I think about it.:D I will be on the look out for your latest reviews especially the one of the Grandeur, that I think you said you were going on, because my cruise in March 2014 will be the first time for me on the Grandeur. You certainly have a great sense of humor and from what I've read on line, no one else has made me laugh like you did. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! You know, I've never done a CC cruise. I bet it would be fun to be with all the people we only "know" online. :)

Thanks! You know, I've never done a CC cruise. I bet it would be fun to be with all the people we only "know" online. :)

Yes it would, since all the people I travel with are CC people because I can't get people that I know to go on a cruise for various reasons:D, so be it. I have met some very wonderful people online to travel with and we are going on a cruise in 2014 and 2015. These people have welcomed me like family they are called" Bead Brigade". I found them on cruise critic and they are a warm inviting bunch of people. I am sure you will like them if you want to sail with this group. I have my own room, but at the same time I interact with the group but have my own agenda which works out well. I just wanted to give you this info in case you wanted this umbrella and at the same time be able to do your own thing as I do;). I am a solo traveler but like to be protected as much as I can if it means being part of a group but still being able to do your own thing.

Hi Maureen, just read your fantastci review straight through, laughing all the way. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Grandeur in a few days: going solo too. We have a lot in common- Boston, first cruise with mother not sure if I would like it and after that totally addicted. See you at the M &M and maybe at the sailaway party. Looks lke we'll have warm but a little wet weather on Friday.

Thanks for your wicked awesome review!

Sharon

Hi Maureen, just read your fantastci review straight through, laughing all the way. I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Grandeur in a few days: going solo too. We have a lot in common- Boston, first cruise with mother not sure if I would like it and after that totally addicted. See you at the M &M and maybe at the sailaway party. Looks lke we'll have warm but a little wet weather on Friday.

Thanks for your wicked awesome review!

Sharon

Wow, Thanks, that's wicked pissah! :D Sorry, I watched The Town last night and I am just awash in Boston accents. ;) See you in 4 days!!

Just finished your terrific review. I have always said I would love to tour the Allure but had no interest actually taking a cruise on her. Well, you have put an end to that way of thinking. :eek: I need to find a good single supplement and I am there.

Looking forward to meeting you on Grandeur on Friday. Enjoy Amtrak.

Yankee here too! My Boston accent only comes back if I'm back up that way for awhile.

Oh, hell no! I thought you were a dyed in the wool Floridian, gets chilly when it's 70 out! ;) Where are you from, I'm from Weymouth. Come on a cruise with me, I'll have you speaking the Queen's English in no time! :D

Oh, hell no! I thought you were a dyed in the wool Floridian, gets chilly when it's 70 out! ;) Where are you from, I'm from Weymouth. Come on a cruise with me, I'll have you speaking the Queen's English in no time! :D

I've been gone for about 12 years. :-) Oh I've been here long enough that below 70 is cold. :-/.

NH Seasoast, Portsmouth area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Please excuse any errors.