Random thoughts from the Eurodam October 12, 2013

cruz chic

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]Was it the real turkey?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We have yet to be on a ship over Thanksgiving when they had the real deal.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

What kind of "fake" turkey did they serve :confused:

[quote name='lorekauf']For Canadians wondering about luggage direct. It looks like it is available now. The participating airlines are air tran airways, American, delta, jet blue, continental, southwest, us air and united. Never heard of air tran. I wonder if it's air transit. I'm taking air canada so I guess I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm staying an extra day so I wouldn't anyway. You shouldn't have to pay luggage fees if you are going united because they will probably lose your luggage. Isn't it amazing how I've gotten over being bitter about it.

I'm happy to say I got to the gym today. Worked out for 55 minutes so I'm ready to eat now :). I was going to go into town today but they wanted $10 and 2 transfers to get to town. The highlight is walmart. No thx, I'll just use free internet. No much here

I think Sapper must have called the ship because I'm wait listed for the tour to Baddeck.[/QUOTE]

Lorekauf:

Air Tran was a fairly decent US carrier. They have merged with Southwest and will go away at some point.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]Was it the real turkey?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=5]We have yet to be on a ship over Thanksgiving when they had the real deal.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]What is fake turkey?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='taxmantoo']What kind of "fake" turkey did they serve :confused:[/quote]

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]What is fake turkey?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]I think what KK is talking about is what we call "turkey roll" ... and indeed, to me it is "fake turkey." When ordering in a restaurant I always ask if their turkey is "real" or "fake." I have never ordered on a cruise though.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Until a fairly recent cruise I have always had "real" turkey on HAL at dinner. I have ordered it every time it was on the menu, too. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]That last time it was turkey roll. I took two bites and left the rest. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]The turkey "roast of the day" in the Lido is still "real" turkey. You stand there and watch the cook carve it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=royalblue]Until a fairly recent cruise I have always had "real" turkey on HAL at dinner. I have ordered it every time it was on the menu, too. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1]That last time it was turkey roll. I took two bites and left the rest. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4169e1][COLOR=red]The turkey "roast of the day" in the Lido is still "real" turkey. You stand there and watch the cook carve it.[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]:) Thanks Ruth! I'm glad to hear that. I love "real" turkey sandwiches.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Until a fairly recent cruise I have always had "real" turkey on HAL at dinner. I have ordered it every time it was on the menu, too. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]That last time it was turkey roll. I took two bites and left the rest. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]The turkey "roast of the day" in the Lido is still "real" turkey. You stand there and watch the cook carve it. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]And that is usually quite good. I always ask for turkey from the bird when ordering in a deli for sandwiches.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='comfortcove']Wow, turkey roll in the MDR. I am sad about that. I almost always have turkey on any cruise, even overseas, they usually have it once or twice. I was never served turkey roll, and never served it in my home either :([/quote]

To me, it doesn't seem like turkey roll [I]per se[/I] in the MDR. It seems like it might be turkey pieces or something. I grilled one dining steward, and finally got an answer to "is it a whole turkey that the meat is being cut from?" and his reply was "no, not a whole turkey". If what I got the one time was turkey roll, it was better-than-average turkey roll. But NOT turkey.

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]And that is usually quite good. I always ask for turkey from the bird when ordering in a deli for sandwiches.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Turkey "from the bird" sounds so much classier than when I say "is that real or fake turkey." :D I've got to remember that one. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='lorekauf']You shouldn't have to pay luggage fees if you are going united because they will probably lose your luggage. Isn't it amazing how I've gotten over being bitter about it.
[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Remind us not to get on your bad side? Yes, you carry no grudges...:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sapper1']Well Rotten Ronnie didn't have an opening so I booked us here.
[url]www.shadowlawninn.com[/url]

It's in Rothesay, about a twenty minute drive from the pier area.[/QUOTE]

Oh Lorene, you are in for a treat:D Shadow Lawn is very nice (IMO):D

And sapper1 has chosen wisely - you will be in the glorious Kennebecassis Valley - hopefully the weather holds for you

[quote name='lorekauf'][B][U][SIZE=3]For Canadians wondering about luggage direct. It looks like it is available now. The participating airlines are air tran airways, American, delta, jet blue, continental, southwest, us air and united.[/SIZE][/U][/B] Never heard of air tran. I wonder if it's air transit. I'm taking air canada so I guess I wouldn't be able to do it. I'm staying an extra day so I wouldn't anyway. You shouldn't have to pay luggage fees if you are going united because they will probably lose your luggage. Isn't it amazing how I've gotten over being bitter about it.

I'm happy to say I got to the gym today. Worked out for 55 minutes so I'm ready to eat now :). I was going to go into town today but they wanted $10 and 2 transfers to get to town. The highlight is walmart. No thx, I'll just use free internet. No much here

I think Sapper must have called the ship because I'm wait listed for the tour to Baddeck.[/quote]

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Well, it won't help this Canadian who flies Air Canada/Westjet! :rolleyes: Where are the Canadian air carriers on this list? :confused:[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Went to the tamarind last night. As usual, it was very good. I've met some fun people on this cruise so we decided to have dinner together. I thought they were going to throw us out of there we were laughing so hard. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun in my uber structured life. Ended up not getting home until fairly late. On top of it we lost an hour last night. By the time I got to sleep it was after 1pm. My eyes were open like saucers at 6:30 am. Living on adrenalin today.

It's cold today for a change and quite cloudy. Sea day today.

[quote name='CowPrincess']To me, it doesn't seem like turkey roll [I]per se[/I] in the MDR. It seems like it might be turkey pieces or something. I grilled one dining steward, and finally got an answer to "is it a whole turkey that the meat is being cut from?" and his reply was "no, not a whole turkey". If what I got the one time was turkey roll, it was better-than-average turkey roll. But NOT turkey.[/QUOTE]

It was like a turkey breast but better than that. I don't think it's real turkey.

[quote name='lorekauf']Went to the tamarind last night. As usual, it was very good. I've met some fun people on this cruise so we decided to have dinner together. I thought they were going to throw us out of there we were laughing so hard. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun in my uber structured life. Ended up not getting home until fairly late. On top of it we lost an hour last night. By the time I got to sleep it was after 1pm. My eyes were open like saucers at 6:30 am. Living on adrenalin today.

It's cold today for a change and quite cloudy. Sea day today.[/QUOTE]

Sounds lovely... I have googled the places you are visiting ( Shadow Lawn , Kennebecassis ) and have surmised you on a New England cruise. Correct? Are the Colors pretty? I have always wanted to do one...

[quote name='brazilgirl']Sounds lovely... I have googled the places you are visiting ( Shadow Lawn , Kennebecassis ) and have surmised you on a New England cruise. Correct? Are the Colors pretty? I have always wanted to do one...[/QUOTE]

Yes, indeedy she is coming to God's country - actually here I think:o

Leaves are falling here but there still nice colour :) and some are just really coming out. there is a huge difference in what you see on a New England/Canada cruise;)

I totally confess - our wedding reception was at Shadow Lawn as well as our wedding breakfast with the family :).

That house has a lot of history - going back to Royalty and it has been lovingly cared for :)

Archived