Where is Rhapsody going?

PCWalton1

Maybe Quantum class in Alaska

Definitely Not in 2015!!!

QUANTUM is scheduled for Cape Liberty, ANTHEM will be finished in GERMANY in Apr. 15 and she cannot be transfered from Europe to Alaska that easily. Even After the Panama Canal update the Quantum liners are too high due to a bridge in the canal!! ;)

QUANTUM is scheduled for Cape Liberty, ANTHEM will be finished in GERMANY in Apr. 15 and she cannot be transfered from Europe to Alaska that easily. Even After the Panama Canal update the Quantum liners are too high due to a bridge in the canal!! ;)

I didn't know we had the specs for these ships just yet.

Ray in NH -- still not happy with the "Run Around" we're getting from RCI

Most likely you are not getting a "run around" but the staff you are speaking to simply don't have the information and are strictly prohibited from "speculating." Remember, they have calls recorded whereas the ship staff can speak more freely. In which case it must be hard to separate rumors from fact. :eek:

Most likely you are not getting a "run around" but the staff you are speaking to simply don't have the information and are strictly prohibited from "speculating." Remember, they have calls recorded whereas the ship staff can speak more freely. In which case it must be hard to separate rumors from fact. :eek:

Maybe I should restate that I have the perception of receiving a "Run Around" from the people I have spoken to at RCI. Would that soothe any feathers I may have ruffled?

Ray in NH

QUANTUM is scheduled for Cape Liberty, ANTHEM will be finished in GERMANY in Apr. 15 and she cannot be transfered from Europe to Alaska that easily. ;)

From what I've read so far, and unless more port schedule changes come, I think the best points made are that any ship larger than the Radiance class can't come through the Panama Canal... unless you bring them down and around the Cape (like the Mariner 3 yrs ago). However, the Voyager and Mariner are in Asia in spring 2015... the Voyager heads up to Singapore so I'm guessing it stays stay... the Mariner is only booked through to March I believe.

Now adding up everything said by all of you sleuthes out there, I think the only ships not "accounted" for and possible to come to Alaska to replace Rhapsody are Legend, Vision, Serenade, Jewel or Mariner... or none!!!

The Soltice is coming to Seattle next year (to replace Rhapsody??) with both Millenium and Century still there. Has anyone seen the Alaska prices the past couple of years? Very low. Thinkng about it further maybe it doesn't make sense for Royal to bring another ship to Alaska with the 3 X ships.

Just a thought :)

Right. VOYAGER ends up in Singapore in Apr 2015, MARINER could be an option, but her signs on Board are changed onto Chinese After her reift.

LEGEND is already listed in Rome in 2015 so I think the remaining ships Are JEWEL or VISION. Would be sad to see RCI with only one ship in Alaska. SERENADE and BRILLIANCE are scheduled for scandinavia in 2015. :)

But SOLSTICE does Not replace RHAPSODY. Other line. And the Maiden season for SOLSTICE in Alaska was in 2013. ;)

Edited by celebrity_fan

Right. VOYAGER ends up in Singapore in Apr 2015, MARINER could be an option, but her signs on Board are changed onto Chinese After her reift.

Really?? So Mariner likely to be in Asia for quite a while then?

LEGEND is already listed in Rome in 2015 so I think the remaining ships Are JEWEL or VISION. Would be sad to see RCI with only one ship in Alaska. SERENADE and BRILLIANCE are scheduled for scandinavia in 2015. :)

Ah ok, missed the Brilliance & Serenade posts I guess. So Vision & Jewel? As someone said before, Jewel not in drydock until 2016 with the final RCL re-fit? I think they'd have to replace her in San Juan as well with another ship if that were the case imo.

Vision makes a lot of sense... two ships out of Tampa? It can easily come thru the Canal, it's reno'd, easily replaces an existing class, etc... too bad, would've loved to see a Voyager class. With Vision now in Colon will it stay there? It would be a great 2-week itinerary to sail a twice a year repositioning from Colon to Seattle!

But SOLSTICE does Not replace RHAPSODY. Other line. And the Maiden season for SOLSTICE in Alaska was in 2013. ;)

Well aren't I an idiot, lol:o I've actually have a photo standing on Rhapsody's deck this past Sept with Soltice in the background in Seattle, lol! I didn't word my post very well. Anyways, this is a fun topic to talk about... now all we need is to see all the port schedules everyone is looking up to change even more for 2015 and screw up everything we talked about this entire thread so far :rolleyes:

I think they're as in the dark as us. Gives them plausible deniability.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

Edited by knittinggirl

Hi Hoopster95,

VISION is supposed to sail out of FL in summer 2014 and from Tampa in winter 2014/15 - maybe she heads to Alaska than... but I also could imagine she sails year-round from Tampa...

According to the cruise list of St. Maarten, NAVIGATOR will replace JEWEL out of San Juan. :)

But the question is when JEWEL does not head to Alaska what might she do than in summer 2015 - between May and mid of Nov 2015, she is not listed in St. Maarten. ;)

Of course, we have the Hawaii, Rhapsody booked for May 2015. I'm leaving it intact until I receive notification from Royal. Someone really got overzealous when releasing itineraries so far in advance, obviously. And naturally, we have a center aft JS booked....oh well. Funny thing is, I even got a PRICE DROP on the cruise just before it was pulled from the system.

Peter

Of course, we have the Hawaii, Rhapsody booked for May 2015. I'm leaving it intact until I receive notification from Royal. Someone really got overzealous when releasing itineraries so far in advance, obviously. And naturally, we have a center aft JS booked....oh well. Funny thing is, I even got a PRICE DROP on the cruise just before it was pulled from the system.

Peter

We have it booked and received the price drop as well. :D:):D

We're going to hold on to the reservation and see if there is a viable or similar alternative. :)

..snooping further i found this on sale with a U.S agency........i can't mention whom so please don't ask.....

14 nights departing May 3, 2015 on

Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART

Sun May 3 Singapore

Mon May 4 Kuala Lumpur (Port Kelang), Malaysia 7:00am 4:00pm

Tue May 5 Phuket, Thailand 11:00am 8:00pm

Wed May 6 At Sea

Thu May 7 At Sea

Fri May 8 Colombo, Sri Lanka 9:00am 11:00pm Sat May 9 At Sea

Sun May 10 Cochin, India 8:00am 5:00pm

Mon May 11 New Mangalore, India 8:00am 6:00pm

Tue May 12 Goa (Mormugao), India 7:00am 3:00pm

Wed May 13 Bombay (Mumbai), India 6:30am 6:00pm

Thu May 14 At Sea

Fri May 15 At Sea

Sat May 16 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 11:00am

Sun May 17 Dubai, United Arab Emirates Disembark

followed by next sector another fastdeal

15 nights departing May 17, 2015 on

Royal Caribbean's Rhapsody of the Seas

ITINERARY

Sun May 17 Dubai, United Arab Emirates 6:00pm

Mon May 18 Muscat, Oman 12:30pm 8:00pm

Tue May 19 At Sea

Wed May 20 Salalah, Oman 8:00am 5:00pm

Thu May 21 At Sea

Fri May 22 At Sea

Sat May 23 At Sea

Sun May 24 At Sea

Mon May 25 Suez Canal, Egypt (Cruising)

Tue May 26 Jerusalem / Tel Aviv (Ashdod), Israel 7:00am 10:00pm

Wed May 27 Haifa, Israel 7:00am 8:00pm

Thu May 28 Limassol, Cyprus 7:00am 4:00pm

Fri May 29 Rhodes, Greece 9:00am 6:00pm Sat May 30 At Sea

Sun May 31 Istanbul, Turkey 7:00am

............if this is what she will be doing:rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: it is a very doable itinerary guessing cruise to Singapore from Sydney is via Airlie, Cairns, Darwin and Bali....just emailed off for further details about booking cheers Shiona TIME WILL TELL......

Nice itineraries. Airfare would be slightly :eek: more expensive for us than it is to Hawaii. Add to that, the additional time off of work.

Some people have been notified that Rhapsody's Hawaii to Vancouver May 2, 2015 cruise has been cancelled. The alternatives aren't particularly appealing.

I think we've found something else that we are going to transfer the booking over to. :)

..snooping further i found this on sale with a U.S agency.......

Found 'em too. They show April 17 2015 Sydney to Honolulu but, as you saw, May 3 2015 S'pore to Dubai :eek:

Syd to Singapore about 4000miles as the plane flies; doesn't seem at all likely so I'd guess the April 17 sailing will get changed as someone sleuthed out earlier.

(Wish I had a decent globe)

It seems odd since some people might like to have their original rooms for the redeployment. Will RCI sell those rooms right out from under them without giving them first option?

Looks as though that is a distinct possibility. We have a B-2-B-2-B scheduled (with the Hawaii to Vancouver, as the final leg -- with the possibility of an Alaska add-on being PSVA dependent), we still have not been "officially" notified of the cancellation and possible substitution options. :mad:

What a way to run a Cruise Line. :eek:

Ray in NH

It seems odd since some people might like to have their original rooms for the redeployment. Will RCI sell those rooms right out from under them without giving them first option?

That's what happened to Rhapsody when they added cabins to her last year. People lost the cabin they had booked.

The feedback was meant to have been taken onboard, so you can only hope.

Looks as though that is a distinct possibility. We have a B-2-B-2-B scheduled (with the Hawaii to Vancouver, as the final leg -- with the possibility of an Alaska add-on being PSVA dependent), we still have not been "officially" notified of the cancellation and possible substitution options. :mad:

What a way to run a Cruise Line. :eek:

Ray in NH

For 6,608.11 USD for 2 you can book a JS on the May 17 - June 1 2015, 15 NIGHT SUEZ CANAL CRUISE on Rhapsody of the Seas. Just go to the RCI Singapore sight and see if they are trying to sell your room right out from under you :(

Gina