disembarkation at LA for LAX Southwest flight

pgmrdev

Anyone know what is the earliest makeable flight for disembarkation in Los Angeles for a Southwest flight at LAX? I'm told LAX and especially Southwest flights can be tougher to make certain times on disembarkation. I am looking at either a 12:10pm or 2:40pm flights on a Saturday next April. Although we have taken a number of Princess cruises, we have never done a west coast cruise and am told lines can be long at LAX. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

irflag.gif Tom irflag.gif

Anyone know what is the earliest makeable flight for disembarkation in Los Angeles for a Southwest flight at LAX? I'm told LAX and especially Southwest flights can be tougher to make certain times on disembarkation. I am looking at either a 12:10pm or 2:40pm flights on a Saturday next April. Although we have taken a number of Princess cruises, we have never done a west coast cruise and am told lines can be long at LAX. Appreciate any input. Thanks.

We leave tomorrow from Las Vegas on SWA to LAX. Our return is for a 12:45 pm flight on SWA. My honest opinion, the 12:10 is propably OK, IF you can get off the ship early enough. To be safe and spend too much time waiting, the 2:40 is one.

recently we left Star Princess in San Pedro using the self help walk off disembarkation. We flew Southwest out of LAX. It was on a Sunday but we could have made a 9:15am flight but had booked 11:30. If you are using normal disembarkation, I would not try for any earlier than Noon, especially on a week day or Saturday.

We came of the Golden in march first color of ship used super shuttle hit LAX at 9:15am on a Saturday had a 1:50 flight had to wait for check in because wont take luggage 4 hours before flight Saturdays not much traffic at that time and SW first terminal they are going to.

Even if you use Princess shuttle can easily make the 12:10PM flight. They will disembark you according to your flight time. They dedicate bus for specific terminals.

We did self walk off 2 weeks ago in LA and used Princess transfers to our Southwest for flight that left at Noon and we had plenty of time to spare. One good thing about Southwest was they are the First stop at LAX if using Princess transfers. Other thing we did was to pay the extra to SWA for the early boarding pass so we were group A.

We did self walk off 2 weeks ago in LA and used Princess transfers to our Southwest for flight that left at Noon and we had plenty of time to spare. One good thing about Southwest was they are the First stop at LAX if using Princess transfers. Other thing we did was to pay the extra to SWA for the early boarding pass so we were group A.

By self walk off you mean dragging your own luggage as opposed to them handling the off load?

Do you happen to remember how much the Princess transfers were?

It used to say in the Cruise personalizer but I can't find it on ours.

Thanks!

Actually, it's $29 per person each way. You do not have to book round trip if you don't want to.

Check out your Cruise Personalizer and click on Flights & Transfers on the menu on the right.

I would think a cab would be a better economic option rather paying $29pp transfers with two or more people.

Cab fare a few months ago was about $50 for DW and I . San Pedro to LAX. We did the self carry on the disemb. and it went well. Our flight on Southwest was at 1140AM to NOLA and we had to wait almost 2 hours after arrival at LAX.

Traffic was really bad, but the cab was using the HOV lanes and it went quickly.

The last time we came into San Pedro there was fog and we disembarked 3 hours late. It was extremely stressful for me, as I had a series of flights already booked and missing the first one would have messed up the whole chain. Better to allow yourself the extra time and save the stress.

Hi,

Last month, I took a cruise on the Golden Princess roundtrip from San Pedro. I flew home on Southwest out of LAX and had a 2:00 flight. Because I took this cruise solo, I purchased the Princess transfer for $29. Even though there were some delays during disembarkation, I still made it to the LAX in plenty of time (I was in the second Princess LAX transfer group). I don't think you would have any problem making the 12:10 flight, but make sure that you are in one of the first groups to disembark.

Chuck

Actually, it's $29 per person each way. You do not have to book round trip if you don't want to.

Check out your Cruise Personalizer and click on Flights & Transfers on the menu on the right.

We had a cab for that money. 20 minutes to LAX on a Sunday.:eek:

• 2 weeks later...

We did opt for the 2:40pm flight LAX to SMF rather than the 12:10pm. Figured why hurry, we'll still be on vacation! Actually we fly into LAX for two pre-cruise nights from NJ. Fly to to Sacramento for 3 nights post cruise and stay with a friend who is going with us on the cruise. And then fly home from San Francisco. All the procrastinating on this one way ticket only served to cost us more for the one way southwest ticket. It was $120 yesterday and $143 today when I booked. Now they'll probably extend the $69 deal through next April when we fly out there!

Anyone know if Southwest, like other airlines, extends priority boarding to persons as myself with disabilities? I chose not to pay the extra $12.50 for their early bird boarding especially for such a short flight as this. For the flights both to and from NJ I used freq flyer points to upgrade on United to first class as that is the only way I could go coast to coast these days!

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help!!!!

lsu.gif

I would think a cab would be a better economic option rather paying $29pp transfers with two or more people.

It would be about the same price, but you wouldn't have to wait for the bus to fill. Cabs are plentiful at the port.

Given there are 5 of us, it would seem more economical even if it means two cabs!

lsu.gif

I'm not normally a fan of the LAX shuttle companies, but check with either Super Shuttle or Prime Time about a private van for 5. That might be the most convenient and economical.

Archived