MS Zaandam (Zuiderdam) Aruba sailaway 10/21/13

rafinmd

Zaandam will be doing a transit of the Panama Canal on Wednesday.

That will our last chance to see her for some time. I am not aware of any port cams in any of the South American ports.

Zaandam and Volendam are such lovely ships. It is a pity that HAL did not build more of that class.

That will our last chance to see her for some time. I am not aware of any port cams in any of the South American ports.

Zaandam and Volendam are such lovely ships. It is a pity that HAL did not build more of that class.

I totaly agree with you, wish they had built more. Love those R class ship.

Were both those dam ships tooting? Conversationally, of course! There were some great closeups - Roy you'll have to tell us what you'll be wearing, and we'll look for you!

Not sure yet what I'll be wearing, but I plan to be high on the ship above the bridge. On the Symphony I can stand directly over the bridge wings, I can't remember exactly what it will be like on the Prinsendam, but I'll be as close as possible to the same spot. I think that will be also on the very top deck.

Back at 11pm to see the Zuiderdam leave, you be here rafinmd?

I'll try to be around, but it's a bit late for me.

"Do you know what time Monarch leaves? I'd like to see if they manage some good zooms. "

Lou and Dave list it as 17:00. I believe that's 14:00 your time.

Roy

Monarch is still tied up - will keep an eye on her.

Ahh time differences are a wonderful thing - for us that will be much later so I can't make it. Someone has to get up with the dam puppy;) Once I get my new lap top and assuming the files have been transferred properly (Please God), I will post a few pics of our Marley Mascot at the first blue hulled sail away.

He's already getting gangly - and has discovered shoes and sandals. Correction, correction, correction - bone, bone, bone. :(;)

He's too smart - goes down at dinner time already but... he also thinks he knows what he can get away with. A dream to walk already. He's going to be a very BIG dog - I suspect bigger than my white mountain dog was (115 pounds). Training is paramount when they are manageable in weight!

Hard to tell from this angle, but I think lights are starting to go out on the front of the Monarch, allowing the crew to adjust to the darkness. I have fond memories of my brief cruise on the Monarch in her former life.

Roy

Ahh time differences are a wonderful thing - for us that will be much later so I can't make it. Someone has to get up with the dam puppy;) Once I get my new lap top and assuming the files have been transferred properly (Please God), I will post a few pics of our Marley Mascot at the first blue hulled sail away.

He's already getting gangly - and has discovered shoes and sandals. Correction, correction, correction - bone, bone, bone. :(;)

He's too smart - goes down at dinner time already but... he also thinks he knows what he can get away with. A dream to walk already. He's going to be a very BIG dog - I suspect bigger than my white mountain dog was (115 pounds). Training is paramount when they are manageable in weight![/quote]

No kidding.........

After waiting so long, it seems like I just turned away for a minute, and saw just a corner of the Monarch disappearing behind the Zuiderdam.

It was an hour late, but the Carnival Ecstasy in Port Canaveral is 4 hours late and counting.

Roy

Oh I'm happy someone else is here!! Thank you! haha...I had actually forgotten about it then browsed through and saw her again so thought I'd hang around until she sails away.

She does look awfully pretty!:D

Guess it's us BC'ers checking in.

Actually, a lot of the balconies are dark. I wonder if everyone has gone to bed! We will be leaving HongKong at 11 p.m, during Chinese New Year. I plan to stay up for it! We'll have to fly to Hong Kong, but in the future, I think departures from Vancouver will be our favourites.

It is late there so it's quite possible they are in bed or maybe at the show? I know I'd be on deck for the sail away that's for sure!

Wow-that will be a wonderful sail away for you in Hong Kong-which ship will you be on?

We haven't done much cruising but my favorite sail away was in New York.

My GF and I were on the Z last Jan . Same itinerary I believe . We had an aft cabin which is dark now . Ours was not . Very cool departure . We left at 11:00 sharp then sailed along the coast for a while . It was one of the highlights of the cruise for me

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We'll be on the Volendam. Our daughter wanted to do the Far East and Asia cruise. I'm not altogether looking forward to it, being Canadian, heat is not my best thing, but I'm sure it will be interesting. And being on a ship will make it all worthwhile. New York is an amazing sailaway, isn't it. Any port that leads to Europe is good!

Archived