Diamond Drinks Trial?

How can anyone believe that the company will give the current 3 hour unlimited amount of a variety of drinks AND THEN give vouchers for three MORE drinks, most anywhere, anytime, for any drink one wants? How much do folks expect?

While I have no reliable source, I will go out on a limb and say that the vouchers will be in lieu of the lounge, for limited bars, for limited drinks ( likely the same menu as the CL/DL) and for the same hours as the lounge cocktails.

M

I don't believe anyone said the voucher or the credit on your sea pass card would be available anytime. I am guessing that they will only be available during the 5 to 8 time and only in bars and not the MDR or WJ, etc.

I don't know anything, and all of what I think I know I know from reading this thread. That is the problem with a thread like this. Once person has a thought and after posting a thought then we argue with the thought. It may be true it may not, we don't know the difference and yet we fight like heck over these things. That is what is most amusing to me.

As far as surety.... I am not using the word in the technical sense. But yes the gist is that people who do not know the true situation say things as if they are in fact a guarantee to happen.

At this point it is all speculation and unless Adam G himself comes here and tells me what is specifically going to happen, I remain, skeptical of any expert who says with certainty what is going to happen. Odds are that some hotel manager on one of the RCI ships will interpret his directions wrong. Such is the nature of human beings. That said, I am less skeptical about what some posters post than others....

John good to hear you are doing ok. I will be in your neck of the woods in January.

jc

I don't believe anyone said the voucher or the credit on your sea pass card would be available anytime. I am guessing that they will only be available during the 5 to 8 time and only in bars and not the MDR or WJ, etc.

I don't know anything, and all of what I think I know I know from reading this thread. That is the problem with a thread like this. Once person has a thought and after posting a thought then we argue with the thought. It may be true it may not, we don't know the difference and yet we fight like heck over these things. That is what is most amusing to me.

As far as surety.... I am not using the word in the technical sense. But yes the gist is that people who do not know the true situation say things as if they are in fact a guarantee to happen.

At this point it is all speculation and unless Adam G himself comes here and tells me what is specifically going to happen, I remain, skeptical of any expert who says with certainty what is going to happen. Odds are that some hotel manager on one of the RCI ships will interpret his directions wrong. Such is the nature of human beings. That said, I am less skeptical about what some posters post than others....

John good to hear you are doing ok. I will be in your neck of the woods in January.

jc

Now that is something that is for sure.

Gina

Seems to me the drink coupons should eliminate a lot of the "I'm D/D+ but my cabinmate isn't, can they join me" issues...now if you are traveling with a non D/D+ member you can still take advantage of the free drinks without leaving your friend sitting outside....

Not sure about Royal, but on X, anyone sharing a cabin with an Elite member (21 or older) can come in the lounge and can partake in the freebies. With the voucher system (tickets or on your seapass) this may not be possible.

Not sure about Royal, but on X, anyone sharing a cabin with an Elite member (21 or older) can come in the lounge and can partake in the freebies. With the voucher system (tickets or on your seapass) this may not be possible.

But Royal Caribbean is not Celebrity, and that is not the situation on RC.

RCL has the right to alter, change or cancel anyone of the perks, giveaways, prices, etc. as they deem fit for the betterment of the company. read the fine print and grin and bear it. :)

You say you have 28 points to go at the moment!!, but as you stated they can change or cancel as they deem fit:eek: so be prepared to grin & bear it :eek:

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

OK I'll be the one to say it.................Only 3 drinks!!!! (assuming they mean 3 drinks each night...hopefully)

There have been many times we have sat in Cl with friends and had more than 3 drinks !!!!

I am a little weary of any change that is said it is for my benefit...just sayin

Like John said three drinks we have had more on the odd occasion and others much more. Although a good idea for some I think this is another cost cutter. It does say you can use the lounge and its amenities, will there still be food or has that gone too?

Like John said three drinks we have had more on the odd occasion and others much more. Although a good idea for some I think this is another cost cutter. It does say you can use the lounge and its amenities, will there still be food or has that gone too?

i am only coping what deepwater wrote (post # 187)

RCL has the right to alter, change or cancel anyone of the perks, giveaways, prices, etc. as they deem fit for the betterment of the company. read the fine print and grin and bear it. :)

He or she could be correct...

i am only coping what deepwater wrote (post # 187)

He or she could be correct...

sorry, i spelled coping wrong-----should be copying

I really cant be bothered to read all the speculation so is this 3 vouchers 3 drinks and that's it no drinks in diamond or cl lounges after you have used your vouchers set in stone and has some one actually got conformation that this is so not just speculation

This is a copy of the email I received from RCCL so it's not speculation, it's going to happen.

You asked – we listened! Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members that we are able to bring into action.During your upcoming transatlantic voyage onboard the Independence of the Seas®, you will be part of a pilot test to enhance the Loyalty experience onboard.We understand at times the Diamond lounge can be crowded, so we are excited to introduce a new option for you aboard the Independence of the Seas: A nightly happy hour from 5:00 - 8:00pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship!*

How? Free drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto your SeaPass® card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still sit back and relax while enjoying all of the amenities in the Diamond Lounge, plus all of the other options available to you!We look forward to hearing your feedback about this new experience and wish you a wonderful cruise holiday.Happy sailing!

The only thing for sure is the Indy sails tomorrow on the TA and we should have some real reports about what happened on this particular TA cruise. Not that it implies that will happen on future sailings. Something about test....:D

jc

Just heard from someone who received this email from RCCL regarding the Diamond Lounge.

You asked – we listened! Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members that we are able to bring into action.During your upcoming transatlantic voyage onboard the Independence of the Seas®, you will be part of a pilot test to enhance the Loyalty experience onboard.We understand at times the Diamond lounge can be crowded, so we are excited to introduce a new option for you aboard the Independence of the Seas: A nightly happy hour from 5:00 - 8:00pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship!*

How? Free drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto your SeaPass® card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still sit back and relax while enjoying all of the amenities in the Diamond Lounge, plus all of the other options available to you!We look forward to hearing your feedback about this new experience and wish you a wonderful cruise holiday.Happy sailing!

I know I'm late to the party here, and i havent read through the whole thread to see where the wind is blowing on this one- but my opinion is...yeah! I have been promoting this idea exactly for a while on these boards. Thanks for the free drink, but I'd like to have it with whom and where I want:D I hope the pilot is successful and it gets rolled out on other voyages!:D

I think it is a great idea...there are so many bars to enjoy on the ship that I never get to them all as I am only good for a few drinks each day (I know, I am a lightweight)...I would just make a point of visiting a different bar each night! sounds fun! It seems we usually cruise with friends that are not diamond so it works well for us that we can enjoy drinks with them more often.....

We love the lounges, and I like the idea of moving about the ship. However, it's like Big Government, we're going to be nudged into areas we didn't really want to go. We like it the way it is. Now on TA's, as AG said, I think it's a wonderful move, to alleviate the crowding. Loved to do a TA, just can't get DH onboard with it. Pun intended.

Cheers mates!

We love the lounges, and I like the idea of moving about the ship. However, it's like Big Government, we're going to be nudged into areas we didn't really want to go. We like it the way it is. Now on TA's, as AG said, I think it's a wonderful move, to alleviate the crowding. Loved to do a TA, just can't get DH onboard with it. Pun intended.

Cheers mates!

I agree 100%. I will say that I think that RC is trying hard to come up with a solution to lounge overcrowding that will please everyone, and I'm ready to try the voucher + lounge compromise, especially on TAs.

I think it is a great idea...there are so many bars to enjoy on the ship that I never get to them all as I am only good for a few drinks each day (I know, I am a lightweight)...I would just make a point of visiting a different bar each night! sounds fun! It seems we usually cruise with friends that are not diamond so it works well for us that we can enjoy drinks with them more often.....

our thoughts as well- to enjoy our time more with friends

True Liz

We will know the facts for this one cruise before the weekend is up. Since it is a pilot (test) we may not know anything beyond that. For those posting to this thread who have never been on a TA from the UK all I can say is you really have no idea how many Diamonds and above can be on a cruise ship for two weeks.

jc

I've read thought this thread and wondered why no one has pointed out the high-lighted words.

(I apologize for re-posting the announcement for those who find it boring.)

"You asked – we listened! Often we hear great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members that we are able to bring into action. During your upcoming transatlantic voyage onboard the Independence of the Seas®, you will be part of a pilot test to enhance the Loyalty experience onboard. We understand at times the Diamond lounge can be crowded, so we are excited to introduce a new option for you aboard the Independence of the Seas: A nightly happy hour from 5:00 - 8:00pm to be enjoyed at almost every venue throughout the ship!*

How? Free drink vouchers will be pre-loaded onto your SeaPass® card to enable you to enjoy the flexibility of up to three complimentary beverages at almost every bar throughout the ship. You can still sit back and relax while enjoying all of the amenities in the Diamond Lounge, plus all of the other options available to you! We look forward to hearing your feedback about this new experience and wish you a wonderful cruise holiday. Happy sailing! "

My takeaway is that it's a pilot test, it's an option, and you can still enjoy the diamond lounge. No conjecture, no reading between the lines, no forecasting doom and gloom. I tend to deal with doom and gloom as it comes, and not before.

Thanks for listening, I just needed to point this out. I hope I'm not repeating a post I missed, I believe I read them all.

Edited by LAngle

Just got off Indy after a 4 night party cruise and loved it.

yes the drinks vouchers are loaded daily to sea pass card and can be used anywhere......

the coupons booklet is no more and also loaded onto seapass card, you get a paper in cabin listing all the discounts and bartenders ask you if you want to apply the discounts before they charge you.

i think its a great idea as you can still socialize with folks that arnt diamond and get yer free drinkies.:eek::)