Diamond Drinks Trial?

I must of missed it also. :confused:

Why the heck would they Q up when they could of wondered off to any bar with their coupons and go in there later if they wanted. Guessing a ton of them would be on MTD with the flexibility. We would have looked at the line and headed for the door, unless that was the only venue at the time.

At 5pm I am betting there were quite a few bars with very few people in them.

Sorry, not sure how to post a link to the entire thread, I was op and title was Bye Bye Indy. This reply was from someone who I believe is on Indy now.

jc, normal drinks in DL & CL with no showing of seapass but have to show card in other bars. So it isn't a maximum of 3 drinks if you make use of the lounges.

Not working as well as it could do, we have heard that they will be reviewing it and making some changes after the trial.

John.

I must of missed it also. :confused:

Why the heck would they Q up when they could of wondered off to any bar with their coupons and go in there later if they wanted. Guessing a ton of them would be on MTD with the flexibility. We would have looked at the line and headed for the door, unless that was the only venue at the time.

At 5pm I am betting there were quite a few bars with very few people in them.

That's what I was thinking. On Celebrity, we went to the lounge the first night but found a favorite bar the rest of the cruise. It was great.

Yep, here it is.

The funny thing is that the post was in response to YOU, JC!!!! :)

jc, normal drinks in DL & CL with no showing of seapass but have to show card in other bars. So it isn't a maximum of 3 drinks if you make use of the lounges.

Not working as well as it could do, we have heard that they will be reviewing it and making some changes after the trial.

John.

Yep, here it is.

The funny thing is that the post was in response to YOU, JC!!!! :)

Originally Posted by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere View Post

John.

Which is why everyone still went to the lounge instead of the bars--more drinks and hors d'oeuvers. We rarely even have 3 drinks, so the coupons work.

On Celebrity you also use the coupons in the lounge, so it doesn't get overly crowded.

Sorry, not sure how to post a link to the entire thread, I was op and title was Bye Bye Indy. This reply was from someone who I believe is on Indy now.

John.

Thanks, Nelly and MM. I lost sight of that thread, as it faded back down the list. I should have known that John, being the veteran trooper he is would do the difficult task assigned and report back with accuracy and clarity. I apologize to him, and encourage him to keep the recognizance up to verify that it doesn't change mid cruise.

So back to my take away. What the heck are people on the Indy now complaining about, and why are people here still theorizing how RCI is still trying to figure out how to screw over the diamonds.

O wait, this is CC, nevermind.....:D:D:rolleyes:

jc

This sounds like a win win to me. Go to any bar for 1, 2 or 3 drinks and mix in the lounges too during happy hour. For those that might want to do this. I like my cuppa tea!

I wonder where or why it's not working on the Indy.:confused:

Edited by ShipRiders

This sounds like a win win to me. Go to any bar for 1, 2 or 3 drinks and mix in the lounges too during happy hour.

I wonder where or why it's not working on the Indy.:confused:

Agreed.

So, I am now switching from my cynical mode to my analytical mode. Because there are probably a lot of Diamonds and above on board, the overflow rooms that became the functional equivalent to the DL on transatlantics are probably not being employed in the way they were in the past, so these diamonds are wanting to be in one of those bars where they are treated like diamonds not just any old bar on the ship.

I don't get this, but I have seen it in the past, and it doesn't surprise me.

Many (definitely not most) people go to the diamond lounge because they are special and want to be seen there holding court. I just like a free drink. So, I don't have a problem going to any bar, but if the reason to go is not to get a free drink, but to have the need to be special resolved.... :D

jc <----- maybe I should just remain cynical

John.

Than you!. The answer is quite clear why it is not working and wait for the tweak............

ShipRiders-take a few seconds to think why it may not be working. Most people don't want to post for fear of the hot flame!!!;)

Agreed.

So, I am now switching from my cynical mode to my analytical mode. Because there are probably a lot of Diamonds and above on board, the overflow rooms that became the functional equivalent to the DL on transatlantics are probably not being employed in the way they were in the past, so these diamonds are wanting to be in one of those bars where they are treated like diamonds not just any old bar on the ship.

I don't get this, but I have seen it in the past, and it doesn't surprise me.

Many (definitely not most) people go to the diamond lounge because they are special and want to be seen there holding court. I just like a free drink. So, I don't have a problem going to any bar, but if the reason to go is not to get a free drink, but to have the need to be special resolved.... :D

jc <----- maybe I should just remain cynical

.....or to have more than three drinks...............

I think that perhaps before people get bent out of shape over any changes to the C&A program, they should wait until those changes are actually announced!! This is a trial folks - a trial means that they are trying something new out to see how it works/is accepted.

Personally, since we often cruise with our best friends who are not yet Diamond, I would be thrilled to be offered drink coupons good at the other bars. In fact, even when we are alone, I would love to be able to pick up a glass of wine and carry it into dinner to enjoy while we eat. Can't do that now when you get your drink in the Diamond lounge now can you? ;)

I think that perhaps before people get bent out of shape over any changes to the C&A program, they should wait until those changes are actually announced!! This is a trial folks - a trial means that they are trying something new out to see how it works/is accepted.

Personally, since we often cruise with our best friends who are not yet Diamond, I would be thrilled to be offered drink coupons good at the other bars. In fact, even when we are alone, I would love to be able to pick up a glass of wine and carry it into dinner to enjoy while we eat. Can't do that now when you get your drink in the Diamond lounge now can you? ;)

I have always taken a drink to dinner - are you not supposed to???? Nobody has ever stated I could not:eek:

Than you!. The answer is quite clear why it is not working and wait for the tweak............

ShipRiders-take a few seconds to think why it may not be working. Most people don't want to post for fear of the hot flame!!!;)

I have always taken a drink to dinner - are you not supposed to???? Nobody has ever stated I could not:eek:[/quote

Depends on the ship and or concierge. If we can we might if we can't we don't. No big deal

Edited by ShipRiders

I have always taken a drink to dinner - are you not supposed to???? Nobody has ever stated I could not:eek:

I was always told you can't. Of course, sometimes no one is guarding the door. Once I had them running after me on Mariner telling me I couldn't take my wine out of the lounge. I kept walking--only because they were so unorganized and understaffed that I had just gotten my drink right before it was time to go to early dining.

I will gladly give up the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge drinks for a nice discount on the Premium Drinks Package. We did this package on our cruise a few weeks ago and LOVED it!! Absolutely loved it.

I am D+ so probably won't get kicked out of the Diamond Lounge anyway, but when I did the drink package I only went to the Diamond lounge on the first day for a coffee when we embarked. Never been a big fan of the CL. Even on Allure and Oasis I always preferred the DL.

I have thought from the moment they announced they were re-fitting all ships with a Diamond Lounge that they would become D+ and Pinnacle Lounges and the CL's would revert back to Suite Lounges. Makes total sense.

To give 3 tickets to each Diamond member is actually pretty fair. The lounges were meant for pre-dinner drinks (@ 1 1/2 hrs) not 3 hour drinking marathons. 3 beers or cocktails was more than we got back when we as Diamonds got kicked out the last time. Even when they put in the Diamond events it was only for complimentary house wines with only a discount on beer and cocktails.

If given the option of 3 free drinks a night or their equivalent monetary worth per day off the Premium Drinks package, I would take the latter in a heartbeat! Come on Royal Caribbean, make me an offer I can't refuse.

Edited by JillLovesTravel

How intriguing the responses are

On celebrity they are starting to remove the elite lounge and give out vouchers instead and it has been met so far on CC with a negative response based on the people wanting to meet other elites

yet they go to launch it on RCCL and it's met so much more positively

I wonder why

On celebrity they are starting to remove the elite lounge and give out vouchers instead and it has been met so far on CC with a negative response based on the people wanting to meet other elites

I wonder why

From what I can figure out is that on Celebrity you get 3 drink vouchers and that's it.

Right now on RCCL you get 3 drink vouchers plus unlimited drinks if you want to bear the masses in the Lounges.

I will gladly give up the Diamond Lounge and the Concierge Lounge drinks for a nice discount on the Premium Drinks Package. We did this package on our cruise a few weeks ago and LOVED it!! Absolutely loved it.

I am D+ so probably won't get kicked out of the Diamond Lounge anyway, but when I did the drink package I only went to the Diamond lounge on the first day for a coffee when we embarked. Never been a big fan of the CL. Even on Allure and Oasis I always preferred the DL.

I have thought from the moment they announced they were re-fitting all ships with a Diamond Lounge that they would become D+ and Pinnacle Lounges and the CL's would revert back to Suite Lounges. Makes total sense.

To give 3 tickets to each Diamond member is actually pretty fair. The lounges were meant for pre-dinner drinks (@ 1 1/2 hrs) not 3 hour drinking marathons. 3 beers or cocktails was more than we got back when we as Diamonds got kicked out the last time. Even when they put in the Diamond events it was only for complimentary house wines with only a discount on beer and cocktails.

If given the option of 3 free drinks a night or their equivalent monetary worth per day off the Premium Drinks package, I would take the latter in a heartbeat! Come on Royal Caribbean, make me an offer I can't refuse.

The idea of giving a discount on the package is intriguing. What do you think would be a fair amount?

The thread I thought I read (was it here, who knows:rolleyes:) the person was just talking about how crowded the CL and Diamond overflow lounges were and the service in them.

I don't remember that poster even mentioning other bars and whether they used them or not.

Azamara has complimentary wine with lunch and dinner. :)

Now they're all inclusive.....spirits, wine, beer, etc., open bar;). I'll be doing a 12 night test on Azamara Quest Dec. 8th.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

"Once onboard our intimate guest ships, the Azamara Journey® and the Azamara Quest®, you won't have to pay extra to enjoy your night-cap or celebratory drink. Our inclusive amenities now feature select standard spirits, international beers and a changing daily selection of red and white wines by the glass throughout your voyage. To take advantage of this incredible treat, simply visit one of our ship bars or dining rooms and we're sure you'll find something to quench your thirst. Please note, the complimentary beverages listed below are not available for room service."

Edited by slk230red

I wonder why

It could also be this: On Celebrity the vouchers are not good for all night, only up to 7:00 PM, which is usually the time we go the CL to have a couple of drinks before late dinner seating. Would be fine with it if they allowed drinks purchased up till late seating, but don't.... yet.

tnt

.....or to have more than three drinks...............

MM, I feel like Alice the Wonderland. Didn't John report that you can have three drinks using the vouchers in any bar, and then go to the DL or CL and get additional drinks?

Off with their heads.... said the Red Queen.

So, not being able to have more than three drinks is a reason to be upset. Being able to have 3 in general bars (a new addition aka perk) for free, and then being able to cram into an overloaded DL and get another drink doesn't sound like the end of the world.... unless the reason for being upset is not about the free drinks.

Enlighten me O great one for I am surely confused.

jc