Diamond Drinks Trial?

I was afraid of this happening. I love going to the diamond lounge. We have late seating and usually would go after early seating left. No problem finding a seat. This sounds like something RCL wants to do to save money. If they keep taking away than we will go away.

Same here, after the early seating guests leave the DL and CL, there's usually plenty of seating available. Great places to meet fellow passengers and share traveling experiences.

I didn't understand RCI's reason for having Diamonds in December Celebration over the past several years. Why get more Diamond members to Diamond Plus sooner? Wouldn't it have happened anyway?

Royal and Celebrity are still my favorite, and if we had been loyal to RCI we would be Pinnacle, but I wouldn't trade all of the other cruise line experiences and itineraries for a name badge.:rolleyes:

After our Allure cruise Dec. 1st, we're trying our first Azamara cruise Dec. 8th. No vouchers or private lounge, just get a drink when you want one.;)

I am a D+ and so is my 14 yr old gd (on her own, she has been cruising since she was 2). I would actually prefer the coupons because I cannot take her into the lounges at night and she always goes with me before dinner while I have a glass of wine etc. I am not a big drinker but I do like a glass of wine before or during dinner so this would work better for me.

It is a catch 22....everyone has a different preference for their own reasons, what I really like about being a D+ is the balcony discount!

I was afraid of this happening. I love going to the diamond lounge. We have late seating and usually would go after early seating left. No problem finding a seat. This sounds like something RCL wants to do to save money. If they keep taking away than we will go away.

We also enjoy going to the Diamond Lounge to chat with other frequent cruisers. We do not like the idea of coupons. Whenever RCCL changes things it’s not for the good of the cruisers, it’s for them to save money. Still missing chocolates on my pillow!

:D

We also enjoy going to the Diamond Lounge to chat with other frequent cruisers. We do not like the idea of coupons. Whenever RCCL changes things it’s not for the good of the cruisers, it’s for them to save money. Still missing chocolates on my pillow!

:D

Having the coupons will not restrict you from speaking to other cruisers, or frequent cruisers. Now you can speak with other frequent cruisers in most any lounge, or “OMG” actually speak to a new RCCL cruiser. We’ve met many frequent cruisers (just not RCCL) in lounges around the ship or at other venues.

You can visit the lounge during the day and meet others for a cup of coffee.

m

I am a D+ and so is my 14 yr old gd (on her own, she has been cruising since she was 2). I would actually prefer the coupons because I cannot take her into the lounges at night and she always goes with me before dinner while I have a glass of wine etc. I am not a big drinker but I do like a glass of wine before or during dinner so this would work better for me.

It is a catch 22....everyone has a different preference for their own reasons, what I really like about being a D+ is the balcony discount!

Children who are D+ or are in a full suite are permitted in the CL in the evening. Enjoy your cruises with your granddaughter.

M

If you are both D+ I thought you could both go to the CL at any time including the cocktail hours? It's only the DL that is for adults only in the evening.

I am always amazed, how people stray away from the subject header and i.e. fight children wars and such in a drink trial thread.

How about further discussing: many posters and RCCL officials (hotel director of Indy) here express their "fear" that D's may be subject of future removal from DL due to overcrowding the lounge. Well, how about this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40380274&postcount=1 , where I posted the current applied procedure on Splendour. All suite guests have full access to the D-lounge (in addition to CL) and contribute to overfilling of DL (maybe there was more fun in the DL going on). If RCCL wants to get rid of crowded DL'S, why not as a first measure deny (one time cruising?-) suite guests from meandering between the 2 lounges? Let the suite guests get their refuge they always ask for, and designate the DL exclusively for D, D+ and Pinnacles. Again-why cramming the DL with additional suite guests while the CL is much less frequented?

Edited by christi1805

This thread was started by TOM CRUISES. He copied an e-mail that was sent out about vouchers.

These drink vouchers are all ready being used on many of Celebrity's ships. The feed back on CC's Celebrity's site is mostly favorable. But, there's a big difference in the 2 lines. Celebrity does not have an equilivant to RCCL's dedicated Diamond Lounge

So, when trial vouchers are started on RCCL, my worry is the DL's will disappear. The e-mail states vouchers will be available on RCCL along with the DL. That sounds great for now

On Celebrity, no choice, just vouchers

Drink vouchers would have been great on our recent Liberty TA. There were so many Pinnacles, D+, & D's, that the nightly cocktails were held in the Olive & Twist Lounge for Suite Guests, Pinnacles, & D+ (the CL did not have any cocktails) and the Sphinx Lounge for D's. Both lounges were extremely crowded & noisy. While we certainly enjoyed the lounge :D, it would have been nice to take our vouchers to the bar of our choice for a quieter experience.

Sherri:)

I am always amazed, how people stray away from the subject header and i.e. fight children wars and such in a drink trial thread.

How about further discussing: many posters and RCCL officials (hotel director of Indy) here express their "fear" that D's may be subject of future removal from DL due to overcrowding the lounge. Well, how about this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40380274&postcount=1 , where I posted the current applied procedure on Splendour. All suite guests have full access to the D-lounge (in addition to CL) and contribute to overfilling of DL (maybe there was more fun in the DL going on). If RCCL wants to get rid of crowded DL'S, why not as a first measure deny (one time cruising?-) suite guests from meandering between the 2 lounges? Let the suite guests get their refuge they always ask for, and designate the DL exclusively for D, D+ and Pinnacles. Again-why cramming the DL with additional suite guests while the CL is much less frequented?

Hyperbolic a little?

Where do you see "children wars"????

OK-I was out of town for a bit and came back to check in on this thread and I'm confused. [i know :o]

If the Indy started the voucher system-why were the lounges so crowded?? I thought you could get a drink anywhere. does this mean they used vouchers or no vouchers? Does it mean drinks were still served in the DL?? I thought this was to get rid of the use of an overflow lounge stated below. Am I missing something?? Are vouchers being used or not??:confused:

I thought I would write a quick e-mail to let you know how the drinks fiasco is going....... basically what's happened is that the Diamond members are using the Olive or Twist as their overflow lounge (in the past it was always the overflow for Diamond plus, Pinnacles and Suites). They have wedged open the door of the diamond lounge, people queue for their drinks then take them to their seats. All the hot and cold canapes are in the olive or twist so anyone on the ship can eat them and in fact no one asks to see your card so they can in effect get drinks for anyone ....... If you arent in concierge by 4.15 pm (or diamond lounge), you won't get a seat. Its been bedlam. Anyway, the hotel director had a big pow wow with Miami yesterday afternoon and came up to tell us all the results of the meeting. As a help, miami has said that the Cloud 9 and card room will be opened for diamond plus and pinnacles as an overflow. Howefer, miami want the trial to continue til the end of the cruise just to get more data. The bottom line is, the loyalty programme is costing them too much so they are looking for a solution. Believe me, we have all made our views known. Its now up to everyone to 'lobby' Adam Goldstein and crown and anchor to ensure they know we arent happy."

OK-I was out of town for a bit and came back to check in on this thread and I'm confused. [i know :o]

If the Indy started the voucher system-why were the lounges so crowded?? I thought you could get a drink anywhere. does this mean they used vouchers or no vouchers? Does it mean drinks were still served in the DL?? I thought this was to get rid of the use of an overflow lounge stated below. Am I missing something?? Are vouchers being used or not??:confused:

I thought I would write a quick e-mail to let you know how the drinks fiasco is going....... basically what's happened is that the Diamond members are using the Olive or Twist as their overflow lounge (in the past it was always the overflow for Diamond plus, Pinnacles and Suites). They have wedged open the door of the diamond lounge, people queue for their drinks then take them to their seats. All the hot and cold canapes are in the olive or twist so anyone on the ship can eat them and in fact no one asks to see your card so they can in effect get drinks for anyone ....... If you arent in concierge by 4.15 pm (or diamond lounge), you won't get a seat. Its been bedlam. Anyway, the hotel director had a big pow wow with Miami yesterday afternoon and came up to tell us all the results of the meeting. As a help, miami has said that the Cloud 9 and card room will be opened for diamond plus and pinnacles as an overflow. Howefer, miami want the trial to continue til the end of the cruise just to get more data. The bottom line is, the loyalty programme is costing them too much so they are looking for a solution. Believe me, we have all made our views known. Its now up to everyone to 'lobby' Adam Goldstein and crown and anchor to ensure they know we arent happy."

There has not been a definitive answer (that I can understand.) Just conjecture and opinions as in the quote you pasted.

But really who here has the authority to tells what RCI's bottom line is ??:rolleyes: or is qualified to tells us what the loyalty program is costing RCI or whether it is too much.....:rolleyes: I for one have spent over 15 k a year with RCI every year for the past 5 years. I am sure I am not alone here either.

It's our bottom line we should concern ourselves with.....RCi will watch its own affairs.

First of all, remember that CC members make up a very small percentage of cruisers, and CC posters make up a small percentage of CC.

I also think that while some may wish to drink more than 3 drinks per evening, there are many who never go to the lounge at all and many who drink one, or maybe two drinks.

I am sure that it all averages out to a very low per person consumption.

:)

Out of all the cruisers only 20,000+ were listed as members of CC. A while ago when I last checked.

Edited by Folk Singer

Bottom line question is:

If you have used all 3 of your drink coupons say at 6:30pm on that day in a bar, can you then go to the D or D+ lounge and get a few more drinks during happy hour gratis?

As far as I can tell, we still don't know this from this single trial cruise. We know a lot of hyperbole, and we know a lot of people's opinions about lots of other matters, but the facts of this simple question do not seem to have been answered, despite 300 + posts...

just sayin'

jc

as far as i can tell, we still don't know this from this single trial cruise. We know a lot of hyperbole, and we know a lot of people's opinions about lots of other matters, but the facts of this simple question do not seem to have been answered, despite 300 + posts...

Just sayin'

jc

yep!

There has not been a definitive answer (that I can understand.) Just conjecture and opinions as in the quote you pasted.

OK-so No one yet knows if vouchers are being used? I pasted that from a person who was on the ship and that was the only answer they gave.

I understood from that post I pasted what was opinion. We all know what they say about opinions............... what they are like and everyone has one!!!:D;)

From what I can gather, if vouchers were used and still, overcrowding in the lounges occurred, that would mean drinks were still served in them and an easily fixed problem. If people got vouchers but still flooded the lounges, the trial gave corporate the answer they were looking for. Diamond fate could be sealed to the rumors that have flooded the message board. And the loyalty perk chase will continue for some.

As far as I can tell, we still don't know this from this single trial cruise. We know a lot of hyperbole, and we know a lot of people's opinions about lots of other matters, but the facts of this simple question do not seem to have been answered, despite 300 + posts...

just sayin'

jc

And the speculation will continue until (if) someone who was actually on the cruise posts and answer questions. This IS CC, you know. :D

Someone did. Was it on another thread?

The poster said that one could go to the lounge and have drinks and STILL have three vouchers on the SeaPass.

Must have been because I did not find it here nor see another thread talking about it.

So I'll stand by my speculation above and throw my opinion in the opinion jar!!!:p