Diamond Drinks Trial?

It's not the overcrowding in the CL or DL that is necessarily a turn-off for us. It's the one or two REALLY obnoxious and loud people that occasionally occupy the premises!!

I like the idea that I can still have my "drinkie-poo" as my funny sister puts it, and chose where I have it, which would be AWAY from above mentioned O&L person(s).

I am really happy that my bff and I can have a drink together anywere on the ship, since she is Platinum. She keeps insisting I go into the CL without her, and I keep insisting it's no fun without her, and now that will (hopefully, if this new drink voucher program is rolled out) be a non-discussion!

we like this idea as well.

Reading all these posts it seems very similar to celebrity. At the end of the day RCCL need find new perks. I suspect that DL will become a D+L etc etc;

Sometimes I can't understand why people want to be in a coffin in the middle of the ship to enjoy a drink!:rolleyes:

Reading all these posts it seems very similar to celebrity. At the end of the day RCCL need find new perks. I suspect that DL will become a D+L etc etc;

Sometimes I can't understand why people want to be in a coffin in the middle of the ship to enjoy a drink!:rolleyes:

The DL on Freedom class is far from a coffin, it is beautiful, next to the Viking Crown lounge with huge windows and outdoor area. We have only been D a short while and will be upset if they take this away. It is not just for the alcohol, but the whole atmosphere in the lounge. We definitely have more than 3 drinks a night, though not all alcoholic ones. We also enjoy the pre-dinner hot and cold snacks as we like late seating dinner.

Looks like Royal is easing into the Diamond Lounges becoming for D+ and Pinnacle only and the Concierge lounges becoming for suite guests only. I think most of us knew this was coming. Diamonds will be kicked out (yet again), but they will get their three drink coupons to use during limited hours, for limited drink types, in limited areas.

Cheer up people, you can always get the Premium Drink package. So worth it for variety and ease. We currently have access to both the DL and CL as D+ members but on our most recent cruise never stepped into either except for coffee during the day because we had the drink package. I highly recommend it.

Looks like Royal is easing into the Diamond Lounges becoming for D+ and Pinnacle only and the Concierge lounges becoming for suite guests only. I think most of us knew this was coming. Diamonds will be kicked out (yet again), but they will get their three drink coupons to use during limited hours, for limited drink types, in limited areas.

Cheer up people, you can always get the Premium Drink package. So worth it for variety and ease. We currently have access to both the DL and CL as D+ members but on our most recent cruise never stepped into either except for coffee during the day because we had the drink package. I highly recommend it.

Maybe the drink coupons could be used toward a discount on the Premium Drink Package just as the free wifi minutes can be used towards a discount on an internet package.

Gina

Just to compare fairly, the Diamond and Concierge Lounges serve "limited drink types" during "limited hours" in "limited areas". However the vouchers end up being applied, the choices won't be any more limited than they are now, and they could possibly be greater.

:)

I'm not sure if everyone realises but this is not just about the 3 drinks in any bar around the ship. That is just a smoke screen :cool:, what we will be losing is the overflow lounges for the Diamond and Concierge lounges.:eek:

As I'm sure you all know,

normally when there is a large number of Diamond and above on board they open the Olive & Twist or the Pyramid lounges (on the Indy) to accommodate the large numbers.

Well we will be losing that and be restricted to the small Diamond lounge or Concierge lounge and 3 drinks per night in the normal ships bars.

Sorry guys this is just another cost cutting exercise by Royals finance department.:mad:

Dave

(Diamond plus)

At the end of the day you will only get 3 free drinks per day in any bar or DL/CL not in addition to these lounges

Pay $110 per couple per day to get what was free? No thanks. I'll be Diamond for my spring time cruise; was looking forward to use of the DL for a coffee here or there and then drinks before dinner. After all, RCI dangled the carrot in front of my face for years; I hope they don't move the chains right as I make their Diamond level.

At the end of the day you will only get 3 free drinks per day in any bar or DL/CL not in addition to these lounges

Any chance you could share with us the source of your information, just curious as many people have been speculating that it includes the CL/DL drinks and others have heard that it is over and above the CL/DL drinks.

We will find out when we board in a couple of days but wondered where you got the info.

Thanks in anticipation.

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

I don't think that Tokyo1949 has a source, but is giving their opinion just like most everyone else has on this board. No one knows for sure until it happens, but most of us seem to have an opinion. Nothing wrong with that...right???

Pay $110 per couple per day to get what was free? No thanks. I'll be Diamond for my spring time cruise; was looking forward to use of the DL for a coffee here or there and then drinks before dinner. After all, RCI dangled the carrot in front of my face for years; I hope they don't move the chains right as I make their Diamond level.

Just as I am becoming diamond after my upcoming cruise. Oh well, 3 drinks are probably enough anyway!

I am not saying that you are wrong. BUT.... I laugh at the absolute surety with which people post things at CC that they are just pulling from their A.......

Just Sayin

jc

I am not saying that you are wrong. BUT.... I laugh at the absolute surety with which people post things at CC that they are just pulling from their A.......

Just Sayin

jc

Totally agree jc, that's why I was curious!!!, although on our TA thread for the Indy, Bart, a pinnicle member has just posted "Just off phone to RCCL and they assured him that nothing changes as far as the CL/DL lounges are concerned:), drinks as normal:D, Still, as I said, will find out in 2 days time.

Edited by 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere

I think this is their way of screwing the diamonds and phasing in a coupon program with a restriction to move the diamond club to a diamond plus club....

I agree..........there is going to be a loss here somewhere....

These people are so naïve...Sure 3 drink vouchers per day sounds good...But what is the catch? There is always a catch.

I agree..........there is going to be a loss here somewhere....

These people are so naïve...Sure 3 drink vouchers per day sounds good...But what is the catch? There is always a catch.

Another surety poster.

Sometimes it is just easier to do the voucher thing than to take an entire giant lounge our of service or just service for a select group of people. I remember a 2007 TA sailing, where the Concierge Lounge was hosting about 800 people and for the entire cruise one of the large lounges was hosting the diamond event each evening. That lounge was closed to all of the non-diamond people for the entire 13 days. This tends to irritate others on board. Not to mention all of the noise coming from that particular lounge. A lot of people complain when they see a lot of people having a good time and they can't participate. On these TA cruises if there are people drinking it up at all of the bars all over the ship it may be that RCI has decided that is a better way to go from a general guest satisfaction point of view.

On my last cruise, I spent about 1 to 2 hours in the Diamond lounge most nights. While I could drink til I fell down, I am pretty certain that 3 drinks was the most I managed to consume. I do know some diamonds will spend the entire 3 hours in the lounge and for them your scenario could be a reality. That said. You don't know, and yet you call people naive. That to me is laughable.

Again, just sayin....

jc

Totally agree jc, that's why I was curious!!!, although on our TA thread for the Indy, Bart, a pinnicle member has just posted "Just off phone to RCCL and they assured him that nothing changes as far as the CL/DL lounges are concerned:), drinks as normal:D, Still, as I said, will find out in 2 days time.

By the way how are you doing these days?

jc

Personally, I would love to see them do something like this on Jewel -- since it doesn't have a dedicated Diamond lounge. At least we would have options other than beer or wine at the "nightly diamond event."

I hope we can hear some positive feedback from those participating in the pilot.

Ann

We are on the upcoming November 2 Independence of the Seas TA with the DL experiment. I am going with an open mind. This will be our first cruise at diamond level. I am hoping nothing is changed, since I have not experienced the DL, I am really looking forward to that and would be disappointed if it is different than what it has been.

How can anyone believe that the company will give the current 3 hour unlimited amount of a variety of drinks AND THEN give vouchers for three MORE drinks, most anywhere, anytime, for any drink one wants? How much do folks expect?

While I have no reliable source, I will go out on a limb and say that the vouchers will be in lieu of the lounge, for limited bars, for limited drinks ( likely the same menu as the CL/DL) and for the same hours as the lounge cocktails.

I find it amusing that is seems to be the “ONLY” three-drink voucher limit that has the most chatter. It never occurred to me that folks drink that much in such a short period. I admit that we don’t spend a lot of time in the lounge and often can’t finish one. Perhaps those who drink many more, may spend more time in the lounge than we do.

For those who have decided that the voucher might somehow replace the D lounge for Diamond members, I encourage you to stop the complaining. The company offers 3 drinks each night and still gets negative reaction? Anyone recall the welcome back gifts? So many complained that they did not like them, had that gift already whatever, that the gifts were discontinued. You see – no more bad mouthing the FREE gifts. I am sure the “suits” watch what is said on the ship, comment cards, on message boards and if they offer something that costs money and it is badly accepted – it is a lose/lose and they will discontinue.

Those who have the opportunity to sail with the voucher system, please come back and report the process.

M

I have never held myself to be bright or above average, however,

my understanding of the word "surety" is a person or entity that guarantees a debt. This word is being used on this thread. Is there another definition for this word? just askin

Edited by JohnSnowGOT