Two formal nights/10 day Caribbean

comfortcove

I have been away, but got back and Express Docs were available last Friday! There are two formal nights on upcoming December Noordam cruise, eight smart casual. In the past, I remember three. Now I will book some Pinnacle reservations! Still no cabin assignment or upsell offers, but I see all categories are still available, at better prices and with more shipboard credit, so I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Sounds great.

There always were three formal nights on ten day cruises, however, lately there have been a number of reports of HAL backing off to fewer formal nights and many ten day cruises now have two formal nights. Good you know and can plan in advance.

Have a great cruise. :)

We were on the Noordaqm not too long ago and on each of the 10 day and 11 day segments we had 3 formal nights.

Someone else not too long ago mentioned -- for a different ship -- that their docs only listed 2 formal nights.

I recall that. And didn't they report after they got on the ship that there was to be 3 formal nights?

I don't remember.

I will try to find that thread.

I found the post - I just don't know how to do the link to it, so cut and pasted it instead:

So all the paperwork said 2 formal nights...and now that we're onboard they've told us it is 3. Not happy about that because we would have packed differently, but it is what it is.

From djhsolara, on Oct 18th.

We're on a Collector's Cruise on the Eurodam over New Year's, which is the equivalent of 2 7 day cruises. Wonder what we should expect for formal nights - I was thinking 4? Two in each segment?

We're on a Collector's Cruise on the Eurodam over New Year's, which is the equivalent of 2 7 day cruises. Wonder what we should expect for formal nights - I was thinking 4? Two in each segment?

That makes sense to me.

Last year (Dec 2012) on Noordam 10 day there were two formal nights (with associate pomp & circumstance) and a third "optional" formal night with all the Photogs out in strength. Nothing special in MDR, just an opportunity for photos. The daily ship info listed it as optional.

Wonder if that is what is going on.

Archived