New to princess. MDR help

norcalemt02

Hi. Going on my second cruise on princess next year.

I primarily cruise royal carbines but Going on star princess. Wondering how can I request a table for 2 in the dining room. Rccl has an email. Does princess have one too?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are set up to where you can see you cruise reservation on the Princess WEB site, you can go under cruise personalizer and change it under dining requests.

If you went through a travel agent, you may have to call them and have them request it.

Depending on how far in advance you request it, you may or may not get a reserved table for two, with traditional dining.

If you have anytime dining, then you request it when you go to the MDR and would get the next available if you wanted to wait.

I primarily cruise royal carbines but Going on star princess. Wondering how can I request a table for 2 in the dining room. Rccl has an email. Does princess have one too?

Assume you have Traditional Fixed Seat Dining either early or late. If you booked directly with Princess, call them at 1-800-Princess. If you booked through a T.A. call the T.A. and have them request a table for two from Princess. If you booked through a TA, Princess normally only takes requests through the TA. Telephone is the best way.

If you have Anytime Dining then you ask for a table for 2 from the Head Waiter when you are on the ship.

If I remember the Star correctly, there are some tables for two scattered around the DR, mostly against the dividers, but some are in the open adjacent to each other with just a foot or so separating the tables.

And if you don't get what you request, you can tell the maitre d' what you'd like. We've had to switch our tables on a couple of cruises. In the cases where we had to do this, we wanted a larger table and were assigned a table for two.

Log on to Princess' web site.

In "cruise personalizer" select "onboard preferences", then scroll down to "dining preference".

Log on to Princess' web site.

In "cruise personalizer" select "onboard preferences", then scroll down to "dining preference".

Where you will be disappointed to find "First Seating", "Second Seating"

or "Anytime".

No help at all get requesting a table for two.

Try it again! The Table Size is also listed beside Dining Time. It's there. I just checked.

... or you can get your travel agent to do it for you

No table size in either firefox, or ie.

I don't think it really matters, as those 'onboard preferences'

are never known by anyone on board.

Preferences.jpg.99d578576f7937278a311f592ff0fa26.jpg

No table size in either firefox, or ie.

I don't think it really matters, as those 'onboard preferences'

are never known by anyone on board.

The request for table size is right there in the Personalizer, next to request for dining time. I have no idea what you're looking at.

Now whether they pay attention to it, who knows. Assigned dining table size has always seemed to me to be completely unrelated to what I'd requested. Just part of the fun . . .

<font color="Indigo"><font face="Comic Sans MS">The request for table size is right there in the Personalizer, next to request for dining time. I have no idea what you're looking at.
Um ... that's why I posted a picture of what I'm looking at.

Archived