What Color to Wear

geocruiser

I took a big fall on the sidewalk and landed on my face. 911 was called brought to the hospital, spent and a day and a half in the hospital. Two broken caps and a BIG black eye. This happened Monday.

Well my ladies of fashion, I need a little humor. So what color or clothing should I wear to go with my black and blue eye? I thought orange might clash with my black and blue.

Please advise all humor welcomed.

Soooo sorry for your fall!! I can relate...I fell on a Celebrity cruise excursion at the Giants Causeway in Northern Ireland and ended up with a terrible black eye! My thought is to wear really bright, and flashy colors so people will only look at that and wonder "What the Hell was she thinking"..... And NEVER even notice the eye!!!

I will tell you that makeup does wonders when you go out.....oh and BIG sunglasses!!!!!!! Think Jackie O large!!!!

And keep smiling!!!!!!!

Ok, OUCH!!! I hope you heal up soon. Are you getting the caps replaced soon? That'll make you feel better.

I'm thinking PURPLE would be the perfect color to go with the black eye - as the black and blue will eventually turn a lovely shade of purple soon anyway. Wear it with pride!

Feel better :o

Love your answers. Now when I smile I have two broken caps. When I called my DH from the hospital to let him know where to find me. I told him about the broken caps. His answer was so what! Easy fix. Well for him not a big deal, he was a DDS (now retired). He said let our dentist worry about them!

Purple pride for my eye! I like bright, and flashy too.

Edited by geocruiser

I'm thinking a rainbow patterned dress. That way as your bruise fades to yellow, blue, green, nobody will be able to tell where you leave off and your dress starts!

Hope you feel better soon and I'm happy you are able to see the humor in a bad situation. A lesson for us all.

This would be perfect for formal night in the hospital cafeteria.

WunjoDress.jpg

I am so sorry you had to go through this. When I first read this I thought you had 2 broken knee caps. You know the age of abbreviation. I am really glad it is not that.

As to what to wear, I was thinking silver, although I like the purple idea and that rainbow dress would definitely detract from the eye.

You could also decorate the other eye and tell people that you are trying to get your raccoon make-up right for Halloween.

Hope you feel better quickly.

When I was leaving the hospital some people were looking at my face. My husband said to them "Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall"! We all had a laugh.

You could make up some outrageous stories about it. Have real fun!

Or just say "you should see the other guy" with an evil grin while flexing the fingers of your right hand.

A couple of years ago I took a spectacular fall during agility class with my dog. Never figured out why I fell, tripped over the air I think. But, I ended up, along other things, with a broken nose and several fractures to the orbital bones (cheek and eyebrow areas) and a spectacular bruise on my face.

As it slowly changed colors, gravity also started making it slide down the side of my face. I had to go out in public a couple of days later and told people that I was going to try to cover it with makeup unto I I realized I don't have that much makeup, in fact NOBODY has that much makeup.

Did the people at the ER give your DH suspicious looks? The doctor who treated me kept asking questions and I realized he thought Tim had bet me up. Saturday night in the high-desert...wouldn't be that uncommon.

A couple of years ago I took a spectacular fall during agility class with my dog. Never figured out why I fell, tripped over the air I think. But, I ended up, along other things, with a broken nose and several fractures to the orbital bones (cheek and eyebrow areas) and a spectacular bruise on my face.

As it slowly changed colors, gravity also started making it slide down the side of my face. I had to go out in public a couple of days later and told people that I was going to try to cover it with makeup unto I I realized I don't have that much makeup, in fact NOBODY has that much makeup.

Did the people at the ER give your DH suspicious looks? The doctor who treated me kept asking questions and I realized he thought Tim had bet me up. Saturday night in the high-desert...wouldn't be that uncommon.

The ER people did not give my DH suspicious look because he was not with me when it happened. I fell out side a PT place alone on the sidewalk. They (PT people) called 911 and off I went to the hospital via emergency transport.

I was lucky that I landed on my teeth it save my face, broke the fall. My orbital bones are OK the nose look OK. Had CT scan. But like you said the bruise travels down the face. There is not enough make up to cover it. That is why I will try to dress in colors that go with the bruise!!:)

I am very grateful to God that it is not worse.

I can't stop laughing with the replies. Patent leather, smokey eye, wear green, championship Belt, you should see the other guy, rainbow dress (I would wear that), basic black, dark red lipstick and an eyepatch, bright, and flashy colors , wear purple and BIG sunglasses like Jackie O

Ok, I need to wear the rainbow dress with a green patent leather championship Belt, purple smokey eye makeup. With basic black, dark red lipstick and an eyepatch in bright flashy colors. I will wear the big Jackie O sun glasses on the top of my head so I don't spoil the eye look! And tell people you should see the other guy!

Edited by geocruiser

And tell your husband he has to be nice otherwise you're going to shout:

''no dear, please, not AGAIN'' with your 2 arms in a cross in front of your face :D

Of course, DON'T DO THAT, it wouldn't be nice at all... but it would be funny to you (not so much to him).

I lost balance in stairs once and ended up running into a stone wall and got a black-eye. So many people at work, family members and even strangers came to me asking if my boyfriend (it was a new boyfriend too) did that to me.

I had a hard time convincing them that I really fell walking down the stairs (No. 1 excuse from beaten women I guess). My black eye was not very big, mostly over the eye until the eyebrow so I just put some purple makeup on both eyes and it wasn't too bad.

if you want to conceal your eye for formal night, I like the idea of the eye-patch if it covers all your bruise.

Oh Marie. I am so sorry! I took a tumble a couple of years ago at school. Slipped on water. It left me with a broken hand, bad concussion, black eye, and cuts and bruises. The concussion left me bed ridden for a few weeks. When I was finally able to go out, a woman came up to me in a store and said "Honey, don't let him do that to you again!" I tried to explain that it wasn't what she thought but she wouldn't listen.

Hope you heal quickly!:)

• 2 months later...

Just want to update all of you. I am doing better. I use a cane now when I an not inside. I just have another MRI in the spring to do. When I fell I had two small bleeds (cause by the fall) outside the brain BUT underneath the skull ( so in between the brain and the skull). The said it take time for the dry blood to go away inside the skull.

I am very blessed to be doing fine. Thank all of you for the get well wishes.

PS the blck eye is just about gone. So now I have to change the colors that I wear to go with my brown and grey hair!

Edited by geocruiser

So sorry to hear of your fall.

You have a sense of humor about it and your smile (inside and out) will see you through despite your broken caps.

Very scary about the brain bleed. Seems you got lucky..... all things considered. Awful to think what could have happened.

All best wishes all heals and mends quickly.

Edited by sail7seas

I didn't comprehend just how bad that fall was - wow. Continued good thoughts on the full recovery. I've got several athlete friends going through concussion issues right now - they do take a looooong time to heal. Keep listening to your medical team!!!