No Xmas Cruises on RCCL available???

xcell

Ok as you can see I'm loyal to Royal but Xmas the cruise prices were double of most lines so I decided to jump ship to the Epic.

Do you think it's a computer glitch ...I searched for cruises on RCCL this Xmas and it came up with zero...Sunday computer upgrade? They can't be that popular (epic's prices came down and lots of open rooms)???

I would call RC before you made your final decission.

computer glitches happen all the time.

I was once told a Panama cruise was sold out, once on board, we were told there were a lot of empty rooms.

Worth a quick call.

Ok as you can see I'm loyal to Royal but Xmas the cruise prices were double of most lines so I decided to jump ship to the Epic.

Do you think it's a computer glitch ...I searched for cruises on RCCL this Xmas and it came up with zero...Sunday computer upgrade? They can't be that popular (epic's prices came down and lots of open rooms)???

I found all ships are available. Try Monday

Was RCI more than Disney? I priced out a Thanksgiving cruise for 2014, and for the same size suite, Disney was $5,000 more than RCI :eek: This was comparing two 7 days cruises out of PC sailing the same dates. That must be some special turkey they are serving on Disney...

Disney is the most, followed by RCCL and NCL the least.

Approx cost for 4 in a balcony...

Disney $12K, RCCL $8-9K and NCL $5K (same or similar ports and exact dates, newest ship)

Christmas in a balcony cabin? If you are looking only at Fort Lauderdale departures, and only 7 nights, you have only two choices: Royal Caribbean's most expensive ships, the Oasis and the Allure.

Independence is an 8 night, so you have to compare fairly.

If you look at Port Canaveral, then:

Freedom is sold out for accommodations for four below the suite level.

Widen your search to New Orleans and Galveston:

You can go on the Serenade for $4657 for 4.

You can sail on Navigator for $6096 for 4.

Baltimore (Grandeur) is a 10 night.

Explorer (Cape Liberty) is sold out.

Christmas in a balcony cabin? If you are looking only at Fort Lauderdale departures, and only 7 nights, you have only two choices: Royal Caribbean's most expensive ships, the Oasis and the Allure.

Independence is an 8 night, so you have to compare fairly.

If you look at Port Canaveral, then:

Freedom is sold out for accommodations for four below the suite level.

Widen your search to New Orleans and Galveston:

You can go on the Serenade for $4657 for 4.

You can sail on Navigator for $6096 for 4.

Baltimore (Grandeur) is a 10 night.

Explorer (Cape Liberty) is sold out.

Also don't forget that balconies being super expensive at Christmas means that the 3/4 rate is also super expensive. Compare your 3/4 rate to the cost of an inside cabin. We have found that a lot of times its cheaper to get the second cabin Han it is to put the 4 of us in one balcony. Added bonus of more space and 2 bathrooms.

If thinking "You get what you pay for" the Price difference between NCL and RCI is not surprising to me.

I´ve never had a bad cruise, including NCL, but out of 10 different lines NCL takes the far bottom place. I´d easily pay double for RCI over NCL.

If thinking "You get what you pay for" the Price difference between NCL and RCI is not surprising to me.

I´ve never had a bad cruise, including NCL, but out of 10 different lines NCL takes the far bottom place. I´d easily pay double for RCI over NCL.

I would pay more but not double.:rolleyes:

Disney is the most, followed by RCCL and NCL the least.

Approx cost for 4 in a balcony...

Disney $12K, RCCL $8-9K and NCL $5K (same or similar ports and exact dates, newest ship)

Your certainly missing some ships and prices, search a little harder...

My kids kids like the big ships and I would prefer to sail out of a warmer place (it is winter afterall)...so limited to sail out of Florida and the newer ships. Been quite loyal to royal but sometimes it is fun (exciting) to try something new. ..looking forward to the Epic. ...

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

Archived