Formal dining rooms also serve breakfast and lunch?

Catnap All Day

Some of the same foods will be offered in the Horizon Court, but no, it is not buffet style for breakfast and lunch in the dining room. You will order from a menu that changes daily, similar to dinner with multiple entrees, soups, salads, desserts, etc.

Besides Horizon Court, I believe I read that breakfast and lunch are also available in the formal dining rooms we get a seating at each night for dinner.

Do they serve different food for these meals than Horizon Court? I guess it also wouldn't be buffet-style.

Breakfast is available everyday except embarkation day in the dining room. Lunch will be available on embarkation day and sea days in the dining room. Check your Patter(newsletter) for the location, it is not always "your" evening dining room.(someone's dining room,maybe not yours)

Yes, you will be served and it is wonderful. They even have on the lunch menu a late riser breakfast selection.

Yes ,the meals are different than the horizon court selection.

Check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1887473

Lunch menus start at post 90 and a typical breakfast menu starts at post 214.

Only one DR is open for breakfast and lunch. Seating is handled like Anytime Dining. The Patter will show the DR open for lunch.

DR is open for lunch on sea days. If you are only in port for a half day, the DR might be open on those days also.

Hours for breakfast are 7:00-9:00 on port days and 7:30-9:30 on sea days. Lunch is usually 12:00-1:30 but may vary slightly if it is open on a half day port day. Always check the next day's Patter when you get it in the evening.

The food offered in the MDR for breakfast, lunch or dinner is not the same that is offered in the HC. The MDR always offers sit down served meals. Dress code for breakfast and lunch in the MDR is much relaxed with shorts, tshirts and shoes acceptable. No swim suits though.

Besides Horizon Court, I believe I read that breakfast and lunch are also available in the formal dining rooms we get a seating at each night for dinner.

/quote]

Breakfast and lunch are open seating. The one DR for these meals is the same each day. The times are shown in the Princess Patter. Walk in any time they are open and the head waiter will seat you at a table with others that arrived about the same time as you. Order from the menu. You can also request standard kinds of breakfast/lunch items that may not be on the menu. For example certain fruits.

/quote]

Breakfast and lunch are open seating. The one DR for these meals is the same each day. The times are shown in the Princess Patter. Walk in any time they are open and the head waiter will seat you at a table with others that arrived about the same time as you. Order from the menu. You can also request standard kinds of breakfast/lunch items that may not be on the menu. For example certain fruits.

You can also request a table for two for LUNCH if you wish.

We normally very much like to be seated with others but had to ask for a table for two a couple of times on a cruise for lunch because DH managed to rub sun screen into one of his eyes so didn't want to subject fellow diners to his BLOOD RED eye while they were eating. :rolleyes:

No problem ... others were seated at tables for two. You just have to tell the head waiter when you enter ... no reason for requesting a table for two needs to be explained.

LuLu

~~~~

We haven't eaten in the MDR for breakfast in our last two cruises (hubby likes the made-to-order omelets, and often he may be the first one up so he'll make a tray for his girls) but I seem to remember there's a basic menu for the sit down breakfast (the basic cereal, pancakes/waffles, meat selection, etc. to chose from), but maybe there's a couple of items that change from day to day. During lunch, there's some regular items (like hamburgers), but there will be a few entrees that change from day to day.

You can also get a casual lunch from the poolside pizzeria or grill or from the International Cafe in the Piazza (if your ship has it). A few ships have a sit down pizza restaurant too.

We have just returned from a ten day cruise on the Emerald. Lunch was served only on the first full cruise day in the dining room. On the other days the dining rooms were closed. Your choice was the Horizon Grill or the International Cafe.

We have just returned from a ten day cruise on the Emerald. Lunch was served only on the first full cruise day in the dining room. On the other days the dining rooms were closed. Your choice was the Horizon Grill or the International Cafe.

That's a shocker! :eek:

LuLu

~~~~

What was the itinerary?

So the MDR was closed for lunch on sea days? And aren't there other venues such a pizzeria and poolside grill? Were they closed on sea days too?

That would be very unusual and was not the case on the Emerald on the Baltic in June. There are three sea days on both the Southern and Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Did you try after 1:30? The Da Vinci DR should have been open from 12:00 to 1:30 on all three sea days. As others have said, the Trident Grill and the Pizza and Ice Cream Bar are open every day for lunch.

I was referring to inside eating venues. Of course the pizza place by the pool and the hamburger grill was open, but we didn't go out there. The Patter stated that the dining rooms was open for dinner, oh, and breakfast, of course. We had a port of call everyday except the next to the last day. We swapped eating at the IC and the HC.

I was referring to inside eating venues. Of course the pizza place by the pool and the hamburger grill was open, but we didn't go out there. The Patter stated that the dining rooms was open for dinner, oh, and breakfast, of course. We had a port of call everyday except the next to the last day. We swapped eating at the IC and the HC.

that explains it...MDR lunch is only open sea days,,, not port days.

CC

I forgot that the Emerald wasn't in the Caribbean yet. On your port intensive 10 day Canada and New England cruise the DR would be closed for lunch on the port days.

Archived