My TA Nightmare

2boyzmom

Wow...it saddens me how some of you people are really kinda heartless with your responses.:(

In any event, if you search this company out on ripoffreport.dot.com (with a [I]real dot [/I]in lieu of the 'spelled out' dot) you can get a full story on what happened in this unfortunate situation. Whether it is that of the OP or not, I have no idea.

Obviously this particular online travel agency has a history of fraud that is criminal IMO. I hope that the OP, others here and NCL file criminal complaints against this company and TA with the Florida AG's office. Also a complaint should be filed with CLIA so that his accreditations in the cruise travel industry can be pulled. This is the only way to keep unsuspecting others from being burned by them.

[quote name='Walt724']I don't see the point in blaming NCL for an outside agency's failure or expecting NCL to honor pricing that they did not originally offer.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall anyone in this thread blaming NCL. What I recall saying is that it would be prudent of them to remove this dishonest person's name from NCL's website (it's still there) and to allow the OP to book at the rate which would have been in existence on the date of purchasing (rather than asking for a $3,000.00) increase. After all, NCL did say they would accept the funds directly and then after that they cancelled the booking without contacting OP. Not to mention...again...this TA can be found on THEIR website.

Again, it does no good to purposely try to make OP feel worse than they already do. I'm sure this experience has been an eye-opener for many. I have never used a TA but I know there are many who have used a TA for years and years on this board without incident. I don't understand the mentality of those who blame the honest for the actions of the dishonest. Edited by cruisecritiquer

[quote name='2boyzmom']Just got off the phone with NCL- It was not American express who screwed up - "corporate NCL" cancelled the reservation yesterday from all this TA's accounts. I received no call or alert. Now they want me to pay $3000 more for this cabin even after I spoke to them 4 weeks ago to confirm my booking and check that they would honor pricing.! I am crying here- I am a platinum member of NCL and hoped they would honor the price. Yes he was cheaper than NCL all along, but not much cheaper than the 3 other quotes I received at the time of booking. They said they would get back to me tomorrow. My air is booked and I am devastated :([/QUOTE]

Will ncl honor there price at time of booking? I can see not matching a lower quote

[quote name='Demonyte']Personally, this is what rubs me the wrong way - just a little, but still. I don't think that the customer being a loyal cruiser or not should have any effect on how this kind of issue is handled - inexperience with a specific cruise line or with cruising in general should be no reason to receive any lesser service in an unfortunate case like this.

There are perks that come with the loyalty but I don't think that the resolution in this kind of issue should be one of them. I too am a Platinum member in Latitudes program but I wouldn't dream of getting any special treatment because of it if my TA had gone belly up.

Also, I don't mean to be rude but loyal and experienced customer should know the risks of dealing with TAs instead of the cruise line directly - playing the loyalty/experience card repeatedly only results in the not-so-nice replies seen in this thread already. (My $0.02)[/QUOTE]

No special requests - just asked them to abide by our discussion and commitment to a price noted on 10/8. Simple as that....Dont worry- the loyalty card wont be discussed if it means nothing :(

[quote name='cruisecritiquer']I don't recall anyone in this thread blaming NCL. What I recall saying is that it would be prudent of them to remove this dishonest person's name from NCL's website (it's still there) and to allow the OP to book at the rate which would have been in existence on the date of purchasing (rather than asking for a $3,000.00) increase. After all, NCL did say they would accept the funds directly and then after that they cancelled the booking without contacting OP. Not to mention...again...this TA can be found on THEIR website.

Again, it does no good to purposely try to make OP feel worse than they already do. I'm sure this experience has been an eye-opener for many. I have never used a TA but I know there are many who have used a TA for years and years on this board without incident. I don't understand the mentality of those who blame the honest for the actions of the dishonest.[/QUOTE]

Thank you- hope to see you one day at a "meet and greet". No problem- everyone has to feel empowered to put their "2 cents" in - wrong or right.

[quote name='cruisecritiquer']I don't recall anyone in this thread blaming NCL. What I recall saying is that it would be prudent of them to remove this dishonest person's name from NCL's website (it's still there) and to allow the OP to book at the rate which would have been in existence on the date of purchasing (rather than asking for a $3,000.00) increase. After all, NCL did say they would accept the funds directly and then after that they cancelled the booking without contacting OP. Not to mention...again...this TA can be found on THEIR website.

.[/QUOTE]

ITA about removing the scam artist's name from their website. By all means. But I cannot agree that they should honor the date of purchase rate (rather than current rate). That would mean ncl takes responsibility for customer choosing to go through TA rather than go directly through them. I can't see a reason why they should do that. I mean they can if they want to but I don't feel like they are obligated. There is a difference between providing a TA list for convenience and being accountable for a TA's actions (which I don't think they are, legally or morally). This is a completely different case from an ncl employee goofing up and ncl needing to fess up to it.
Also, not trying to make anyone feel bad but if someone makes reservations early hoping for a free upgrade later, I would recommend they go through ncl directly. Every time I got a free upgrade, it was through ncl directly. With TA, it's hit or miss, so unless you know yours well...
ETA: another piece of advice for future bookings: check the TA's record at BBB or on the ripoff site. Do a search with TA's name followed by "scam" and see what comes up. It takes only a few minutes and can save one massive headaches. Terribly sorry for what those poor people are going through right now. I hope they can do a class action and sue that TA. Edited by opalinem

Wow... I don't usually chime in when threads go this way but some people are being really harsh to the OP. There's nothing wrong with booking with a TA, NCL every suggests you do it by providing a list.

"A great travel agent has the expertise you can count on to provide you with the best possible options for your specific wants and needs. As experts, they can create an unforgettable vacation experience that you may never have dreamed possible. And one call does it all. Your travel agent does all the work. You have all the fun.
There’s also great value in working with a travel agent. Saving money is not just about price, it’s about getting more out of every precious moment of your vacation – and a travel professional can help you do just that. From helping you choose the best air and ground transportation, to suggesting a once-in-a-lifetime shore excursion.
So now if you’re ready, get set to go. Find a travel professional near your home with our Travel Agency Locator."

That really doesn't sound like they're saying... don't use a travel agent because your own your own if something gets screwed up..

Second of all, for those of you who didn't read the whole thread, the OP is asking NCL to honor the conversation they had earlier this month about them not changing the rate on her cause of the TA situation.

I'm not sure I think some posters including myself are being "mean or harsh" with the OP. NCL and the other lines deal with thousands of TA's from around the world. It's the customers responsibility to vet the TA and make sure of what their getting. For those that post the fact that this TA is listed on NCL's and other cruise lines web sites for TA listings, you'll also note that it says "if you are a TA and want to be on this list, contact us".
The puzzle in this whole case to me is, I must have missed the post where this TA or his company went under? Also, I note that NCL offered on 10/8 to make a direct deal with the OP. It appears this option was not taken. I would think if the OP had paid NCL on 10/8 when they offered none of this would have happened? I would think that in NCL's corporate mind, no payment from 10/8 until the cruise was cancelled would indicate the OP did not want the deal. Am I missing something here?
I hope the OP gets a deal they are happy with, but it seems that NCL already make an offer on 10/8 that wasn't taken?

[quote name='sanger727']Wow... I don't usually chime in when threads go this way but some people are being really harsh to the OP. There's nothing wrong with booking with a TA, NCL every suggests you do it by providing a list.

"A great travel agent has the expertise you can count on to provide you with the best possible options for your specific wants and needs. As experts, they can create an unforgettable vacation experience that you may never have dreamed possible. And one call does it all. Your travel agent does all the work. You have all the fun.
There’s also great value in working with a travel agent. Saving money is not just about price, it’s about getting more out of every precious moment of your vacation – and a travel professional can help you do just that. From helping you choose the best air and ground transportation, to suggesting a once-in-a-lifetime shore excursion.
So now if you’re ready, get set to go. Find a travel professional near your home with our Travel Agency Locator."

That really doesn't sound like they're saying... don't use a travel agent because your own your own if something gets screwed up..

Second of all, for those of you who didn't read the whole thread, [COLOR="DarkRed"]the OP is asking NCL to honor the conversation they had earlier this month about them not changing the rate on her cause of the TA situation.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This is exactly my point but for some reason most have overlooked this important fact. It's not because it's legally or morally their responsibility. It's because they already said they would and then corporate decided to cancel the reservation instead without so much as a [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTg5pZPPk-hSEEVXw2-We8TIGb0I0WvluYHsI4audbyhTgXi6C4gQ[/IMG] Edited by cruisecritiquer

[quote name='rvsullivan']I'm not sure I think some posters including myself are being "mean or harsh" with the OP. NCL and the other lines deal with thousands of TA's from around the world. It's the customers responsibility to vet the TA and make sure of what their getting. For those that post the fact that this TA is listed on NCL's and other cruise lines web sites for TA listings, you'll also note that it says "if you are a TA and want to be on this list, contact us".
The puzzle in this whole case to me is, I must have missed the post where this TA or his company went under? Also, I note that NCL offered on 10/8 to make a direct deal with the OP. It appears this option was not taken. I would think if the OP had paid NCL on 10/8 when they offered none of this would have happened? I would think that in NCL's corporate mind, no payment from 10/8 until the cruise was cancelled would indicate the OP did not want the deal. Am I missing something here?
I hope the OP gets a deal they are happy with, but it seems that NCL already make an offer on 10/8 that wasn't taken?[/QUOTE]

I guess I confused you with all my posts. 10/8- I found out TA went under. I immediately called NCL and found out only half my deposit was applied to my trip. I asked them if I could pay my final payment of xxx$ with them when it is due 1/14. They said yes- "I will put it in my notes regarding the situation" and the final payment was mentioned and clarified 3 times! Well, yesterday, my NCL cruise is no longer on my ncl.com account. I called- they said "corporate" cancelled all cruises affiliated with this TA without notifying anyone. If I choose to rebook tack on another $3000. That's my issue.... The $1000 I lost (half deposit) is no problem thanks to American express. But not honoring our discussion and agreement is a problem to me. Edited by 2boyzmom

[quote name='2boyzmom']My online TA took off with half my deposit and only paid NCL 1000 for upcoming cruise. I called NCL and they said no problem, just pay them directly. I called am ex and they are doing an inquiry to get back my missing $1000. Now I checked back with NCL web page and my reservation is gone! The idiots at American express screwed up somehow and got y deposit back from NCL. OMG- now on hold with NCL for 65 minutes praying I get my cabin back and my price :( What nightmare!!![/QUOTE]

He's not out of Florida, is he?

[quote name='2boyzmom']Here is the problem- I called NCL on 10/8 after receiving an e-mail that there may be a problem with this agent. NCL verified my final payment and said I could pay them directly. I told them to please put that in their notes. Now- boom- they cancel my reservation and refuse to honor the discussion. When I saked if my disucssiin with NCL was in the notes, the agent did not give me an ansewr yesterday. I am not new to cruising and a platinum NCL memebr. I am hoping they will step up and stick by me here- it would mean alot to me and my future cruising with NCL.[/QUOTE]

This agent is currently being investigated by the Florida Attorney General, as as well as the FBI for various internet crimes. All of his reservations were cancelled. NCL or someone should have notified you. This is horrible that you have to be victimized twice.

[quote name='rimom71']I am one of the folks who was dealing with this TA. It took some doing, but ultimately NCL did right by us. My suggestion to the OP is to call the corporate number directly and deal with them, do not try to go through regular customer service. I really hope it all works out for you, believe me, I understand how much this stinks.

As for the posters being so judgmental about those of us who used this TA...enough already. Obviously we feel lousy and embarrassed about it and came here for support and suggestions, not finger-wagging.[/QUOTE]

This guy is a criminal - with a record to boot. Whoever is giving anyone a hard time is just as much as a POS as this TA is, IMO. He is a criminal and the posters here are victims. Edited by SissasMomE

NCL rep. who I spoke to yesterday just called me back. She said she does not have a response yet from "corporate" yet regarding this issue. Well- at least she called back. Hopefully I will have something good to say tomorrow!

[quote name='2boyzmom']NCL rep. who I spoke to yesterday just called me back. She said she does not have a response yet from "corporate" yet regarding this issue. Well- at least she called back. Hopefully I will have something good to say tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I am so glad to hear that they are communicating with you regularly. Even though they don't have an answer yet, at least you know your issue hasn't fallen through the cracks, and that you've not been forgotten. Thanks for updating us.

[quote name='L3GWG']Interested to understand why the OP used an agent instead of NCL. Everyone knows the risks of middle men and if it fails you cannot blame NCL. We always book directly with NCL and book the cabin we won't at the first point not wait and hope for upgrades or price drops etc. holidays are important to us and if you want it correct book direct and if there are issues then you have the right of complaint.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

I disagree. And I think many on this board will say that's a very general comment.

Using a TA can drastically reduce your price (via OBC). Keep in mind that NCL doesn't actually allow TA to discount prices. But rather only offer benefits (OBC, onboard amenities etc).

So if a TA is offering you a true discount, then unless it's a group rate, something is fishy. Also anyone use a TA should make sure the TA is passing tier CC direct to NCL. Any TA that is charging you directly is a red flag.

Just my opinion. If used properly and researched then TA can be good to use.

[quote name='2boyzmom']NCL rep. who I spoke to yesterday just called me back. She said she does not have a response yet from "corporate" yet regarding this issue. Well- at least she called back. Hopefully I will have something good to say tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I am glad they have responded back to you and I really look forward to you having good news tomorrow. I can imagine the stress that this has put on all of the people affected by this guy. It is so sad that there are people out there that wreak havoc on so many for their own personal gain. Karma is a *****! I am sure it will come back to haunt him.

I have wonderful news! My old TA (who I should have stuck with in the 1st place) advocated for me with NCL VIPs and took over my reservation and kept the original price! I was so happy to see the amazing customer service I received from this TA along with the ethics and integrity of NCL to stick by their customers:) Thank you NCL !!!!!!!!!!!! Edited by 2boyzmom

[quote name='2boyzmom']I have wonderful news! My old TA (who I should have stuck with in the 1st place) advocated for me with NCL VIPs and took over my reservation and kept the original price! Thank you NCL !!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

:D:D[SIZE=2] I'm so happy for you. Glad your old TA stepped in and helped out. [/SIZE][SIZE=2]As an NCL cheerleader and stockholder I hoped and believed NCL would make things right.
[/SIZE]